The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tamsy
Woah, we're basically taking the same subjects. I do psychology (dropping it), Sociology, History and English Literature. I'm also looking at the University of Birmingham (for law though). What exam boards are you with?

Oooh that's cool! AQA for English, OCR for Sociology (and Biology) and Edexcel for History! What about you?
Okay, after yesterday's AQA History paper, I am terrified.
Reply 142
Original post by ivybridge

What was so bad about it?
Original post by SH0405
What was so bad about it?

The dates were a combination that haven't come up before... like, ever. And the questions did not invite a very accessible two-sided debate. I'm just not sure how I did and it's already a ridiculously hard unit; an A* is 70/90 because it's rarely done well.
Reply 144
The dates were a combination that haven't come up before... like, ever. And the questions did not invite a very accessible two-sided debate. I'm just not sure how I did and it's already a ridiculously hard unit; an A* is 70/90 because it's rarely done well.

I'm sure you'll have done fine. What grade are you aiming for, and are you AS or A2?
My lack of understanding and extenuating circumstances may result in me getting CCD or slightly lower and this is my A2 year. I'm really depressed everytime I think about it as I think I won't be able to get into my desired Uni and I wanted to achieve A*AA. What are my chances of getting offers from Unis such as manchester, nottingham etc for Chemical engineering? Any advice would be very appreciated.
Original post by Raizelcadres
My lack of understanding and extenuating circumstances may result in me getting CCD or slightly lower and this is my A2 year. I'm really depressed everytime I think about it as I think I won't be able to get into my desired Uni and I wanted to achieve A*AA. What are my chances of getting offers from Unis such as manchester, nottingham etc for Chemical engineering? Any advice would be very appreciated.

Have they already given you conditional offers or?
Original post by Daniel9998

I have not applied to any universities this year as I planned on taking a gap year to do some work experience, get a job to save money for Uni and mostly I wanted a break from studying and just wanted to travel.

Which unit did you do? I did his3g and thought it was ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have not applied to any universities this year as I planned on taking a gap year to do some work experience, get a job to save money for Uni and mostly I wanted a break from studying and just wanted to travel.

Unless your circumstances were very severe, you wont get offers from those types of universities for chem eng with CCD, unless you retake exams.

So I know I will have to resit my exams next year but the problem is I think I wont be offered any offers for when I apply to those Unis
Unless your circumstances were very severe, you wont get offers from those types of universities for chem eng with CCD, unless you retake exams.

Yes I plan on retaking my exams next summer and apply with my poor a level grades
Yes I plan on retaking my exams next summer and apply with my poor a level grades

you should be ok then if you have the required predicted grades (A*AA) and explain why you failed last year :smile:
you should be ok then if you have the required predicted grades (A*AA) and explain why you failed last year :smile:

Thanks. Btw since I'm studying by myself do I predict my own grades because I'm pretty sure my sixth form that I left won't give me a any predicted grades or a reference
Thanks. Btw since I'm studying by myself do I predict my own grades because I'm pretty sure my sixth form that I left won't give me a any predicted grades or a reference

pretty sure your school will still sort out your predicted grades and reference for you.
Original post by SH0405
I'm sure you'll have done fine. What grade are you aiming for, and are you AS or A2?

I'm an A2 student and I only need a B but I wanted an A.

Original post by lucy_123
Which unit did you do? I did his3g and thought it was ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did HIS3N, Aspects of International Relations (1945-2004).
pretty sure your school will still sort out your predicted grades and reference for you.

I don't go to school, I left my sixth form last year and studied by myself. So do I predict my own grades

Are you AS or A2?

AS

What subjects are you taking?

Art, Maths, History, Product Design

How are exams going?/How did they go?

I have one left (D1) - History has gone the best for me so far! The rest have gone well!

To which university are you hoping to go?

Hopefully UCL/Bath

To study which subject?

Architecture

What grades are required?

UCL = AAB Bath= A*AA

What grades are you predicted?

AS = BBBB

How are you feeling about results day?

Normal really

Anything else to add?

I finish next FRIDAY YAAAAAY
Original post by Sacred Ground
Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades - AABC
A2 predictions - A*AA
What subjects are you taking? AQA Geography, AQA biology, AQA chemistry
How are your exams going? I've only had a resit (B1) and then went well
To which university are you hoping to go to? Newcastle
To study what? Medicine
How are you feeling about results day? The panic will begin after my final exam is over

what did you get in your ukcat man?
Original post by ronnydandam
what did you get in your ukcat man?

705 - 880 vr, 730 qr, 630 ar, 580 da

Quick Reply

Latest