The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2016 grade boundary predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by lukey0071
The grade boundaries are higher in November 2015 exam because it's easy and most likely to get high marks

Ok. Well fingers crossed for us all.
Original post by GKT
Ok. Well fingers crossed for us all.

Fingers crossed, you can get C mate
You can do it!!!
Reply 162
Fingers crossed, you can get C mate
You can do it!!!

Aww. Thanks. I hope we all get the grades we want to get. XX
Original post by GKT
Aww. Thanks. I hope we all get the grades we want to get. XX

I hope so!!! I really want to pass English. I am so bad at English
Reply 164
I hope so!!! I really want to pass English. I am so bad at English

Am sure you will do just fine. xx
Original post by GKT
Am sure you will do just fine. xx

Thanks xx
I got about 108 marks in total, what grade would that be overall?
Reply 167
Original post by Ayesha_xx
I got about 108 marks in total, what grade would that be overall?

Definitely a B, good job:smile:
Who thinks an A* will be above 165?! I hope not!
Original post by lucygr8y

I don't think so
I don't think so

What do you think it will be?!

I think it will be! Probably 170?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
I think it will be! Probably 170?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's never been above 167 and, considering last year was 155, i am pretty certain they won't move it up to 170!! I heard quite a lot of bad things about these papers
It's never been above 167 and, considering last year was 155, i am pretty certain they won't move it up to 170!! I heard quite a lot of bad things about these papers

What kind of bad things?
What kind of bad things?

Some people just said the wording of some questions, and that 6 marker at the end, were a bit cheeky
What do you think it will be?!

Well, I looked on June 2012 exam paper, way easy than our papers because it got questions such as cumulative frequency but today maths paper, it's different because it's got mean, arc perimeter etc.

In overall marks in June 2012, 168 marks to get A* because it's got obvious questions that you are expecting to be asked.

We don't know how many marks in overall to get A* in maths GCSE but I can say that it's got mixture of hard and easy questions like surds question in non calculator or so many people got the metal bars wrong ( including me).
I am 100% sure it won't be higher than 165 marks.
I think it should be at 155 to 160 marks to get A*.

Who's agree with me?!!!
Some people just said the wording of some questions, and that 6 marker at the end, were a bit cheeky

Excactly, it pissed me off.
Well, I looked on June 2012 exam paper, way easy than our papers because it got questions such as cumulative frequency but today maths paper, it's different because it's got mean, arc perimeter etc.

In overall marks in June 2012, 168 marks to get A* because it's got obvious questions that you are expecting to be asked.

We don't know how many marks in overall to get A* in maths GCSE but I can say that it's got mixture of hard and easy questions like surds question in non calculator or so many people got the metal bars wrong ( including me).
I am 100% sure it won't be higher than 165 marks.
I think it should be at 155 to 160 marks to get A*.

Who's agree with me?!!!

I AGREE!!!
Reply 178
How many marks for a C is it 65 or 70
Original post by ErinDearlove00
Thats what i thought, then I spoke to others and looked on twitter and there's a whole load of commotion about how hard it was ?? I know for sure a lot of the less confident students were intimidated by the last five questions and many didn't attempt the last one but surely a large amount of people found it easy or at least ok, I was expecting worse after a couple of the questions in last years paper...

The majority of people actually found it hard. 75% of the "confident" A/A* students I know found it hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending