The Student Room Group

I have never masterbated

Everyone seems to grow up and have some knowledge about sex education and all this stuff, yet I seem to lack that for some reason.

I've never masterbated and hardly even know what it is or how it's done. (I've seen that scene in The Dictator though.) From what I've heard, though, I don't really want to ever start doing it. It seems disgusting for one thing, and I imagine it'd hurt.

Either way, I'm just saying why do people do whatever it is? Also, what is it?

And, obviosuly, I have never masterbated and don't want to and am wondering why I'm like that, whereas everyone else seems to be like they are?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Everyone seems to grow up and have some knowledge about sex education and all this stuff, yet I seem to lack that for some reason.

I've never masterbated and hardly even know what it is or how it's done. (I've seen that scene in The Dictator though.) From what I've heard, though, I don't really want to ever start doing it. It seems disgusting for one thing, and I imagine it'd hurt.

And, obviosuly, I have never masterbated and don't want to and am wondering why I'm like that, whereas everyone else seems to be like they are?

Point 1. It's a sin, my bro does it all the time while i'm in the same room and can't stop hearing it all.

Point 2. Your wasting blood supply to climax for no reason.

Point 3. Your killing 50 million+ cells.

So the message is to continue to not do it.
Reply 2
try a danger ****
is this place real, have i actually died? this must a hallucination

Well it's quite possible to discover masturbation without getting any formal sex ed. Most toddlers will touch themselves, for example.

Is the reason that you won't look stuff up on somewhere like Wikipedia?

1. Because it feels good.

2. Giving yourself sexual pleasure via touching yourself, usually on the genitals.

And, obviously, I have never masturbated and don't want to and am wondering why I'm like that, whereas everyone else seems to be like they are?

Different people have different sex drives for one thing. If you went 'urgh, eating ice cream is disgusting and must hurt' no-one would be surprised if you hadn't had any...
you male or female?
Original post by failey whaley
you male or female?

50-50 i guess...:redface:

Spoiler

Reply 7
Male.
Reply 8
Male.

your a guy and you have never jerked off? guys i think we have literally found the 1% here... dude bust one out right now and you will never feel anything better in your life.

What age are you? I bet if you're 16+ you will explode.
Reply 9
Original post by jackcoys
your a guy and you have never jerked off? guys i think we have literally found the 1% here... dude bust one out right now and you will never feel anything better in your life.

What age are you? I bet if you're 16+ you will explode.

Everyone has different sex drives as someone else said so it's perfectly fine for you to feel this way, please don't feel pressured to do anything just cos' everyone else does.

People do it because it feels good and satisfies an urge, like drinking alcohol or eating fatty food. Except, unlike those things, it's actually proven to be very healthy, especially for your mental health! Getting to know your body and yourself is really good for a balanced mentality.

As to it hurting, I don't know if it hurts for boys but I don't think it's supposed to if you're relaxed! (that's certainly the case for girls, despite popular belief)

That said, you might want to give it a go! It sounds like you have a pretty negative view about it, which just isn't true, it's very good for you. My point is that if the idea of masturbation intimidates you, it's always healthy to face your fears, because trust me, there's nothing to fear about masturbation :wink:
Everyone has different sex drives as someone else said so it's perfectly fine for you to feel this way, please don't feel pressured to do anything just cos' everyone else does.

People do it because it feels good and satisfies an urge, like drinking alcohol or eating fatty food. Except, unlike those things, it's actually proven to be very healthy, especially for your mental health! Getting to know your body and yourself is really good for a balanced mentality.

As to it hurting, I don't know if it hurts for boys but I don't think it's supposed to if you're relaxed! (that's certainly the case for girls, despite popular belief)

That said, you might want to give it a go! It sounds like you have a pretty negative view about it, which just isn't true, it's very good for you. My point is that if the idea of masturbation intimidates you, it's always healthy to face your fears, because trust me, there's nothing to fear about masturbation :wink:

The thing I don't get, though, is how did people learn about it? I feel like it just slipped right by me. I don't even know what it is or how to do it, really. Most education I've ever gotten for it was from that scene in The Dictator. :tongue:
The thing I don't get, though, is how did people learn about it? I feel like it just slipped right by me. I don't even know what it is or how to do it, really. Most education I've ever gotten for it was from that scene in The Dictator. :tongue:

I'm no sexpert and I'm not even a male so I can't promise professional advice, sorry haha. I'll do my best though.

For most people, as they grow they feel curious about their bodies and feel like exploring them, and they realise that some things feel good. I know a couple of prudish people who are too afraid to try though so don't worry you're not alone :wink:

I'd say if you're really curious, maybe watch a couple of videos online? There's plenty of stuff out there. Think of it as research and tutorials lol
I'm no sexpert and I'm not even a male so I can't promise professional advice, sorry haha. I'll do my best though.

For most people, as they grow they feel curious about their bodies and feel like exploring them, and they realise that some things feel good. I know a couple of prudish people who are too afraid to try though so don't worry you're not alone :wink:

I'd say if you're really curious, maybe watch a couple of videos online? There's plenty of stuff out there. Think of it as research and tutorials lol

I'm not really curious about it itself, I'm more curious as to why everyone else is and I'm not. :smile:
I'm not really curious about it itself, I'm more curious as to why everyone else is and I'm not. :smile:
they all say ignorance is bliss :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 15
Original post by 2016_GCSE
Point 1. It's a sin, my bro does it all the time while i'm in the same room and can't stop hearing it all.

Sorry but your third point, killing 50 million+ cells, where do you get that from and by doing so you are reducing the chance of getting prostate cancer. Where did you get that number from????
Quite an amusing thread.

People masterbate for sexual pleasure, it's actually a common and safe way to get sexual pleasure.
It relieves sexual tension. I understand that you don't have much right now but for others, yes they need to relieve it.
And actually, it releases stress and helps you relax.

Original post by 2016_GCSE

This is pretty retarded, I do not agree with any of the points you made.
If you want a list of benefits for masterbation, then here you go

Spoiler

So yea I looked up on a website the benefits, which is most probably going to be bias so I searched up the risks.
Skin irritation is the worst that can happen, unless there is something wrong with you.
Plus, bare in mind that these "50+ million cells" will just reproduce in the same day.

idk man it's up to you to masterbate

I've been spelling masturbation wrong
(edited 7 years ago)
That's amazing. I thought guys like you didn't exist.
What do you find disgusting about it? Just curious.
Original post by Joel 96
That's amazing. I thought guys like you didn't exist.
What do you find disgusting about it? Just curious.

Well, from what I've seen from stuff such as American Pie, it seems rather messy.
If you're getting your sex education from US teen comedies, you have more problems than you think...

Quick Reply

Latest