The Student Room Group

Sixth Form not running course i want and i haven't applied to other sixth forms

I really want to do Drama but my sixth form is not doing it. I thought they would run it because at least 4 people want to do it. I didn't want to apply anywhere else because of the reason above and that i feel comfortable in my current school. They proposed I do an EPQ (extended project qualification) but literally all drama teachers are leaving. I have no idea what to do and i can't just do two A-levels. Someone help? I know I should have applied somewhere else and I regret it :~(
Hmmm...are there any other subjects you might want to do instead? Having 3 A levels is very important, I presume you school would make you choose another...
Alternatively you could ring up some other local schools on results day asking if they have places - many y11s and offer holders may not decide to go there!
Original post by chocolatefrog354
Hmmm...are there any other subjects you might want to do instead? Having 3 A levels is very important, I presume you school would make you choose another...
Alternatively you could ring up some other local schools on results day asking if they have places - many y11s and offer holders may not decide to go there!

Yes I'll definitely try. Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by susielovesblue
I really want to do Drama but my sixth form is not doing it. I thought they would run it because at least 4 people want to do it. I didn't want to apply anywhere else because of the reason above and that i feel comfortable in my current school. They proposed I do an EPQ (extended project qualification) but literally all drama teachers are leaving. I have no idea what to do and i can't just do two A-levels. Someone help? I know I should have applied somewhere else and I regret it :~(

What career would you like to do?
Original post by 1jonam16
What career would you like to do?

I'd like to work with the environment hence the reason for picking Geography and Biology, but if that doesn't work or I change my mind (like the countless times i already have) drama would be my plan B.

To go on and do Environmental science or geography at uni, i really only need bio and geog, so I want the other a-level to be something I have a passion for which is drama (kind of like a "just in case" plan) :smile:

Call up other places on results day and ask
I'd like to work with the environment hence the reason for picking Geography and Biology, but if that doesn't work or I change my mind (like the countless times i already have) drama would be my plan B.

To go on and do Environmental science or geography at uni, i really only need bio and geog, so I want the other a-level to be something I have a passion for which is drama (kind of like a "just in case" plan) :smile:

you could always do another science like chemistry, or english if you like it I guess?

Quick Reply

Latest