The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does antipsychotic drugs count as ONE biological explanation of schizophrenia?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A company is about to launch a new perfume aimed at young career women and wantsto devise a television advertising campaign to promote the perfume.Using your knowledge of the persuasive effects of television, what advice would you giveto the company so that it could make the television advertising campaign as effective aspossible? Refer to psychological research to justify your advice. (10 marks)
guys how would i go about answering this question please please help!!
Original post by violetvictorious
Does antipsychotic drugs count as ONE biological explanation of schizophrenia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't you mean one treatment?...
Original post by BethM98
I was also told that there is no IDA for schizophrenia!

Ok Thank you :smile: I think if you use them they just get marked as part of the essay but they don't get any extra marks and aren't marked separately.
Original post by Catriona Lucy
Ok Thank you :smile: I think if you use them they just get marked as part of the essay but they don't get any extra marks and aren't marked separately.

you can use IDA as part of evaluation to score more marks there, so they're definitely worth including just to bump up the marks!
Original post by evekay
you can use IDA as part of evaluation to score more marks there, so they're definitely worth including just to bump up the marks!

Ok, but they're not marked the same as they are in PSYA3 right?
Ok, but they're not marked the same as they are in PSYA3 right?

i don't know i'm afraid, i don't think so? like they're not marked as IDAs, they're marked as evaluation? so you can use reductionism and ethical issues and that to evaluate research?

so if i have ida in my essay will i lose marks?
Original post by evekay
i don't know i'm afraid, i don't think so? like they're not marked as IDAs, they're marked as evaluation? so you can use reductionism and ethical issues and that to evaluate research?

Ok, thank you :smile:
Original post by scrawlx101
so if i have ida in my essay will i lose marks?

No, don't worry, you won't lose any :smile: They don't mark negatively.
Original post by evekay
don't you mean one treatment?...

One treatment sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by violetvictorious
One treatment sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think it only counts as one? correct me if i'm wrong
Going over schizophrenia today and don't you just love it when things click and you remember it from when you learnt it 😩 best feeling ever

How does everybody else feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone mark or tell me what's good/bad with my depression essay? I'm worried it might be too short and I want to throw some IDA in but it won't count :frown:
Original post by cherry1997
A company is about to launch a new perfume aimed at young career women and wantsto devise a television advertising campaign to promote the perfume.Using your knowledge of the persuasive effects of television, what advice would you giveto the company so that it could make the television advertising campaign as effective aspossible? Refer to psychological research to justify your advice. (10 marks)
guys how would i go about answering this question please please help!!

You could use the Hovland -Yale model or ELM just make sure you link it specifically to television.
E.g celebrity, attractiveness,expert.
E.g cognitive miser, high need for cognition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mark scheme says you can use HYM and ELM for explanations of TV persuasiveness but they must be shaped effectively, what would this include?
Reply 4656
Original post by Elle_w
You could use the Hovland -Yale model or ELM just make sure you link it specifically to television.
E.g celebrity, attractiveness,expert.
E.g cognitive miser, high need for cognition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd always use the Hovland-Yale model in a question like that- its much much simpler than blabbing on about routes of the ELM and cognition.
Has anyone got any notes/ a booklet or any sort of resource that can help with research methods? Please!!! I have no clue where to start and how to grasp it
Original post by кяя
Flashcards for studies, writing out potential application questions, etc. Not gonna rely fully on Loopa this time as Media can have more questions and they can mix it up a bit. Plus AQA gave us a gender schema question which came up really recently so they've shown that they can be lil bishes and catch us out.

So yeah, flashcards, a hysterical crying session here and there, and more flashcards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay, I think every subject requires a hysterical crying session.

Yeah I heard about the gender topic :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys so Saj has predicted:

1. classification & diagnosis issues of depression
2. biological explanations of depression
3. biological therapies of depression

Would you recommend any other topics to write up essays about? I mean those do seem the most likely but I'm scared AQA are gonna ask something else and catch me out D:

Latest