The Student Room Group

My boyfriend isn't in love with me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eden3
As many other users have said.

17. You're very unlikely to be with the man you're going to be with for the rest of your life at this age... just have fun and don't take relationships too seriously.

Generally, guys at this age aren't serious about 'relationships' (and why should they? You're in school doing A-levels).

Correct
Original post by asif007
You're 17 FFS, you don't even know how to spell love.

Is there suddenly new legal age requirements to fall in love that I wasn't aware of? That's such a horribly post lol. It can happen to anyone. The only thing I'd say is you shouldn't stress about it as much if you're a teen since hardly any teen relationships last long anyway
Original post by lucabrasi98
Is there suddenly new legal age requirements to fall in love that I wasn't aware of? That's such a horribly post lol. It can happen to anyone. The only thing I'd say is you shouldn't stress about it as much if you're a teen since hardly any teen relationships last long anyway

You immediately contradict yourself within 2 sentences. If it's possible to "fall in love" at 17 years old then why do "hardly any teen relationships last long anyway"? You have no idea what you're talking about, lol. :tongue:
Original post by asif007
You immediately contradict yourself within 2 sentences. If it's possible to "fall in love" at 17 years old then why do "hardly any teen relationships last long anyway"? You have no idea what you're talking about, lol. :tongue:

Lol I swear you're illiterate. If you can't make sense from something that simple then I won't bother.

How are teen relationships going to last when at 18 they all go darting off to different Universities across the country? Long distance relationships are very difficult, regardless of how in love you are. Please think before you post lol
Lol I swear you're illiterate. If you can't make sense from something that simple then I won't bother.

How are teen relationships going to last when at 18 they all go darting off to different Universities across the country? Long distance relationships are very difficult, regardless of how in love you are. Please think before you post lol

What an idiot. You've obviously never been to uni, have you?

When people "fall in love" so to speak, while they're at school, they make long-distance relationships work. I've seen plenty of people do it. The fact that most of these teenage relationships don't last is evidence of the fact that they weren't actually in love in the first place. You're the one who needs to think.
Original post by asif007

When people "fall in love" so to speak, while they're at school, they make long-distance relationships work. I've seen plenty of people do it.

Stopped reading there. Anecdotal evidence is genuinely pointless and the fact that you resorted to it shows how pointless it is continuing. It's a well known fact that long distance relationships are significantly less successful than normal ones. And this applies for all age ranges, not just teens. That's not the same as saying it can never work, I haven't said that. But being in love DOESN'T MATTER. They can love each other all they want, long distance makes it harder for couples. Hence I wouldn't bother too much with teenage breakups. Even if they're currently in love, the majority will break up in a few years since a large amount are going to be separated due to Uni.

I genuinely don't believe anyone can actually be as stupid as you're portraying yourself to be so I'm going to assume you're trolling. Like damn, even my little sister understands this concept and she's 13.

Anyway, bye bye troll.
Stopped reading there. Anecdotal evidence is genuinely pointless and the fact that you resorted to it shows how pointless it is continuing. It's a well known fact that long distance relationships are significantly less successful than normal ones. And this applies for all age ranges, not just teens. That's not the same as saying it can never work, I haven't said that. But being in love DOESN'T MATTER. They can love each other all they want, long distance makes it harder for couples. Hence I wouldn't bother too much with teenage breakups. Even if they're currently in love, the majority will break up in a few years since a large amount are going to be separated due to Uni.

I genuinely don't believe anyone can actually be as stupid as you're portraying yourself to be so I'm going to assume you're trolling. Like damn, even my little sister understands this concept and she's 13.

Anyway, bye bye troll.

TL, DR. Basically you're a w***** who thinks he knows what he's talking about :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending