The Student Room Group

Are these good grades?

I've only got 3 more exams left but after doing the other 14 exams I'm so stressed. I truly feel like I've messed up. I was predicted really good grades, but in exam conditions I panic and don't know what I'm writing. I feel like examiners are going to be harsh too, and everyone has been finding exams okay so I guess grade boundaries will be high.
I'm so scared and nervous for results day now, just after you think the stress is over.

I hopefully think these are the grades I may possibly get;
Maths - B
Eng Lit - B
Eng Lang - C
Science - B
Add Science - B
Business Studies - B
Photog - A
Media - A
Geography - B
RE - B

I also feel like some of the grades may go down.

I wanted way more A's and at least 1 A* but after these exams I think that's out of reach. Do you think these are good grades? Also do you think examiners may be lenient as we're the last people doing the spec or could they be more harsh because of that?
Original post by rdlewiss
I've only got 3 more exams left but after doing the other 14 exams I'm so stressed. I truly feel like I've messed up. I was predicted really good grades, but in exam conditions I panic and don't know what I'm writing. I feel like examiners are going to be harsh too, and everyone has been finding exams okay so I guess grade boundaries will be high.
I'm so scared and nervous for results day now, just after you think the stress is over.

Maths - B
Eng Lit - B
Eng Lang - C
Science - B
Add Science - B
Business Studies - B
Photog - A
Media - A
Geography - B
RE - B

I wanted way more A's and at least 1 A* but after these exams I think that's out of reach. Do you think these are good grades? Also do you think examiners may be lenient as we're the last people doing the spec or could they be more harsh because of that?

They sound like good grades to me:smile: Examiners will mark the same as usual i think.
You're asking if those are good grades.... I've failed so badly i've probably got all C's.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
You're asking if those are good grades.... I've failed so badly i've probably got all C's.

I mean, I guess we all feel bad after exams because it's easier to think the worse and not be disappointed than feeling good and being let down later. I'm sure you did fine, all hard work pays off. Good luck for the rest of your exams (if you have any!) :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
They sound like good grades to me:smile: Examiners will mark the same as usual i think.

Hopefully they'll go up, fingers crossed lol. Yeah I hope they're lenient, we've all worked our asses off! Thanks :smile:
Reply 5

Maths - B
Eng Lit - B
Eng Lang - C
Science - B
Add Science - B
Business Studies - B
Photog - A
Media - A
Geography - B
RE - B

Yeah those are above average. I'm predicted all A*s apart from art but I think I've got 10 A*s and 2 As (got my art result and actually got an A*). Also I did English language last year and got an A
Reply 6
they look like good grades to me:smile:
hope you get those grades or even higher!!!!!
Reply 7
Original post by D.SHA64
they look like good grades to me:smile:
hope you get those grades or even higher!!!!!

Thank you so much!! Same to you :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Prussia
Yeah those are above average. I'm predicted all A*s apart from art but I think I've got 10 A*s and 2 As (got my art result and actually got an A*). Also I did English language last year and got an A

Omg wow!!! That's so amazing. Congrats, that's my dream grades lol 😍😍
Reply 9
Omg wow!!! That's so amazing. Congrats, that's my dream grades lol 😍😍

Thanks
Good grades are really subjective.
Seriously you should only care what YOU think are good grades as long as it gets you into the sixth form/college and uni/other course which you want to do. If you wanted straight A's then sure, you'll be disappointed. If you wanted straight D's then you should be elated! It really depends on who you are. For example my strongest subject is english and so for me getting a B is really disappointing - but people get really angry when I am upset about that because they think it's amazing - for them maybe, but personally I don't think so. On the other hand, I have much lower expectations in other subjects than in English, so wouldn't mind - its all down to you and your strengths and weaknesses.
The only grades which are pretty objective are:
Getting straight U's is bad.
Getting straight A*'s is good.
These are the grades i believe i will get after my exams performances and can i do medicine with these and im going to do bio chem re and business for a levels. 3A 3B 4C
Maths C
English lang-B
English lit-C
Biology-A*
Chemistry-A
Physics-A
Business-B
Pe-B
Geography-C
German-C
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Martins1
Good grades are really subjective.
Seriously you should only care what YOU think are good grades as long as it gets you into the sixth form/college and uni/other course which you want to do. If you wanted straight A's then sure, you'll be disappointed. If you wanted straight D's then you should be elated! It really depends on who you are. For example my strongest subject is english and so for me getting a B is really disappointing - but people get really angry when I am upset about that because they think it's amazing - for them maybe, but personally I don't think so. On the other hand, I have much lower expectations in other subjects than in English, so wouldn't mind - its all down to you and your strengths and weaknesses.
The only grades which are pretty objective are:
Getting straight U's is bad.
Getting straight A*'s is good.

Yeah exactly. I've worked so hard but in exams I panic and I can't show my ability. I worked so hard for maths, got straight A's in class but in the first exam I messed up so bad because I panicked and forgot how to do some questions.
Reply 13
Original post by c in maths
These are the grades i believe i will get after my exams performances and can i do medicine with these and im going to do bio chem re and business for a levels. 3A 3B 4C
Maths C
English lang-B
English lit-C
Biology-A*
Chemistry-A
Physics-A
Business-B
Pe-B
Geography-C
German-C

Yeah they are great grades! I really hope you achieve this or even higher. Of course you can do medicine, you seem to be really good at science. Just work hard at alevels because that's what will count more. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest