The Student Room Group

It's already kicking off in Marseille...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36496745

Bunch of french yobs and English goons got into a fight last night.

2 England fans were arrested :rolleyes:

Marseille isn't the best of towns though and this sort of fracas was to be expected.

Scroll to see replies

What's the surprise?

Most people in England cannot go because they have a job

Therefore most at the Euros are the unskilled/unemployed
Reply 2
I suspect these disturbances wont last long... the french police have alot of experience in dealing with rioters :wink:
Nothing major so far, let's hope it stays that way.

I was in France on school trip just prior to World Cup 98. A French lad took such strong objection to a fellow pupil wearing an England shirt that he walked up him and slashed him with a knife. Thankfully it was a superficial wound.

Original post by Kieran1996
What's the surprise?

Those I know that follow England around the world work in the sort of jobs that the kids of TSR aspire to. It's not a cheap hobby.

You'd also be surprised at how many people who get involved in football violence have respectable day jobs.
Original post by Quantex

Those I know that follow England around the world work in the sort of jobs that the kids of TSR aspire to. It's not a cheap hobby.

You'd also be surprised at how many people who get involved in football violence have respectable day jobs.

I'd like to change unskilled to less educated / less experienced of how to act well

I think your point says a lot if people who have respectable jobs choose to spend a lot of money to go and cause disruption in other countries, shocking...
Reply 5
Always the same. Scaremongering, don't go to Ukraine they are racist etc nothing happened. Now France you'll get bombed, bars ban to English etc. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the surprise?

What an utter load of bs.

There is a thing called holiday time, you know that right? The vast majority of them will not be in France for the entire event, only staying for single weeks or even weekends at a time.
Original post by The_Opinion
What an utter load of bs.

There is a thing called holiday time, you know that right? The vast majority of them will not be in France for the entire event, only staying for single weeks or even weekends at a time.

So please tell me why educated people on holiday would be involved in violence???
So please tell me why educated people on holiday would be involved in violence???

hold on are you saying only educated people work?
Original post by BaconandSauce
hold on are you saying only educated people work?

No

As anyone can be involved in violence.

Remember, the violence in this story was instigated by "locals", I'm not quite sure who "locals" is referring to at the moment, although I have suspicions.
Original post by The_Opinion
As anyone can be involved in violence.

Remember, the violence in this story was instigated by "locals", I'm not quite sure who "locals" is referring to at the moment, although I have suspicions.

In fairness, in this case I think the lovely BBC made a fuss from little

Majority of fans, regardless of this employment/education just want a holiday / to see football (to see England win the EUROs again duh)
Reply 12
Put lots of extra people somewhere and fights will happen. The same is true for music festivals, sporting events, Saturday nights...
Bout time our boys had it large again in Europe. 2000 was a good year we totally wrecked Charleloi and those other Belgian towns.
In fairness, in this case I think the lovely BBC made a fuss from littleMajority of fans, regardless of this employment/education just want a holiday / to see football (to see England win the EUROs again duh)
Replace BBC with basically all major British media outlets.

Exactly :smile:
Original post by EastonUmmah
Bout time our boys had it large again in Europe. 2000 was a good year we totally wrecked Charleloi and those other Belgian towns.

"our boys" had their arse handed back to the by the police.

[video="youtube;xtOXiQToz64"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtOXiQToz64[/video]

But you are right, they did cause a lot of damage in the process.
In fairness, in this case I think the lovely BBC made a fuss from little

Majority of fans, regardless of this employment/education just want a holiday / to see football (to see England win the EUROs again duh)

When was the last time we won it?

Original post by SMEGGGY
Always the same. Scaremongering, don't go to Ukraine they are racist etc nothing happened. Now France you'll get bombed, bars ban to English etc. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

^ that.
Original post by Wilfred Little
When was the last time we won it?

It was sarcasm

But hope is better than negativity

We should all be behind our team and manager
Reply 18
Original post by The Roast
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36496745

Bunch of french yobs and English goons got into a fight last night.

2 England fans were arrested :rolleyes:

Marseille isn't the best of towns though and this sort of fracas was to be expected.

I am not worried about it.
The French police are not like the British police
According to Sky Sports News it was actually one England fan and one local arrested.

Looks like it was just the local chav equivalents taunting England fans looking for a fight, the difference is the French police don't **** about and clamped down firmly on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending