The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
What Muslims do or don't do isn't what's being discussed here, rather what the Quran states. And verse 5:33 unequivocally prescribes death for those who disbelieve in Allah as explained by Ibn Kathir. Noting you have said has refuted that.

Please read everything i have said once again carefully.
Original post by Pyongyang123
Umm look at the numbers killed by Muslims. Over ten times higher than the next group in 2016. Please look at statistics

wait... so arent you a teacher??? dont you think its against your job to say these things?
Original post by Stormz1
Please read everything i have said once again carefully.

I did.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I did.

Well you clearly did not. Not properly.

I fully well explained that verse and gave a valid response to your claims. Please Re-read and reply with a valid argument (if you still disagree) or i will presume that you have agreed with me.
I most certainly read it properly. You did not provide any argument refuting the tafsir of 5:33.
Original post by Pyongyang123
Please name these so called democratic Muslim countries. There isn't a single one. I'm the head of RE at my school so I've studied ik am immensely and many people have come to the conclusion that it's the most dangerous, violent and discriminative religion on earth

who on earth taught you about Islam, Geert Wilders?????
Reply 126
Hhaha imagine
Original post by Stormz1
Muslims have a master and servant relationship with god, but god is the master, so asking god to give you full marks isn't necessarily going to happens unless you do you own work and god accepts your prayer ( i presume this is how all religions are).

Its sad to see that Muslims in today's society believe that if they ask god for anything they would just give him/her it.

p.s, don't be a grammar Nazi, some people type really fast and may mess up their spelling.

1. it's not that deep - they were only making a joke
2. i was trying to point out how name calling was unnecessary there. if i was being a grammar-nazi i'd make sure i typed with correct grammar at all times - i clear don't.
Reply 128
Original post by The1AndOnly1
Hi,

Some students told me, as I am Muslim, that those Muslims who fast will get a 5% boost to their marks as extra to accommodate the fact they are fasting? Is this true?

Edit:

Please, before you call me ignorant or other stuff which makes me go WTF, I wasn't hoping to get a 5% increase, I was asking just to see if it's true. 👍

@defenestrated

so 168 + 5% of 168 is like 176.4

basically in maths our A* would be guaranteed

this is funny tho lol 5% increase
To play devil's advocate: when you don't eat, your brain isn't stimulated (which is why fasting muslims feel closer to god, because their brain has its capacity affected). As they won't be firing with all cylinders, it might only be fair to accomodate that with the marking.
Original post by zanner
@defenestrated

so 168 + 5% of 168 is like 176.4

basically in maths our A* would be guaranteed

this is funny tho lol 5% increase

if u can work that out why didn't u get 176.4 to begin with ://///
Reply 131
Original post by defenestrated
if u can work that out why didn't u get 176.4 to begin with ://///

rude i probably would have got 94 on paper two if i had time management + knew cubic graphs existed smhhh
Terrorism has no religion and ignorant fools that associate ISIS with all muslims pleas educate yourselves.
Original post by Stormz1
There is no such thing as a book of Shari'a law and thats important because the shari'a is a set of ideals, and the way you implement them in life is different according to your interpretations. As for not being equal with male and female, one should consider the fact that women and men are different and in order for it to be fair, things cant be equal.
For example, a women does not/should not need to fast when she is on her period, or breast feeding or is pregnant. Unfortunately men have no excuse unless they are ill/ travelling. This isnt equal but isnt it fair?

put like that, i see that yes it actually is fair!i guess they have different role in society so have different rules :smile:

Latest