The Student Room Group

Why doesn't latex work?

Why does it refuse to compile it?

I'm trying to write the formula for finding the gradient of a line when you have 2 points i.e (y2-y1)/(x2-x1)=m

y2y1x2x1=m\dfrac{y_2 -y_1}{x_2 -x_1}=m
I've looked at the latex guide and i'm sure it's right
x2x_2
12\dfrac{1}{2}
1x2\dfrac{1}{x_2}

copied from the guide itself
12{x2+1}dx=[x33+x]12\displaystyle \int_1^2 \{x^2 + 1\} dx = \left[ \frac{x^3}{3} + x \right]_1^2
x1+x2+x3=5x_1+x_2+x_3 = 5
but how come that works yet mine doesn't??? :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Big white
Why does it refuse to compile it?

I'm trying to write the formula for finding the gradient of a line when you have 2 points i.e (y2-y1)/(x2-x1)=m

y2y1x2x1=m\dfrac{y_2 -y_1}{x_2 -x_1}=m
I've looked at the latex guide and i'm sure it's right

copied from the guide itself
12{x2+1}dx=[x33+x]12\displaystyle \int_1^2 \{x^2 + 1\} dx = \left[ \frac{x^3}{3} + x \right]_1^2
x1+x2+x3=5x_1+x_2+x_3 = 5
but how come that works yet mine doesn't??? :/

Is it telling you that it's
'potentially dangerous'?
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Is it telling you that it's
'potentially dangerous'?

yes
yes

:dontknow: people know about it for sure, it's just something recent and seems to be troubling the site.
Reply 4
yes

The LaTeX compiler has been having intermittent issues over the past few days. It should be fixed soon. There are several threads about it already.
I was all ready to be like 'talcum powder will help you get it over your curves' but never mind... :K:
Reply 6
Original post by Zacken
The LaTeX compiler has been having intermittent issues over the past few days. It should be fixed soon. There are several threads about it already.

Ah i see ok
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
When I saw latex in the thread type I thought this thread was going to be a or something very, very different...

i know what you were thinking :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Charlotte49
I was all ready to be like 'talcum powder will help you get it over your curves' but never mind... :K:

Well you're not an adviser for nothing right? :perv:

Quick Reply

Latest