The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubbletealover
Given the difficulty of the two papers and looking at last year's grade boundaries I'd say 50-56 out of 140

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for your reply, but I was asking about how many marks to get an E, but thank you anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by megan-garner6
Thank you for your reply, but I was asking about how many marks to get an E, but thank you anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I see, I didn't read your question properly. :smile:
Original post by tamoni4
Oh, I see, I didn't read your question properly. :smile:

No worries, thank you anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what the answer to the mcq for the car where the fuel in the car decreased. I assumed its maxium velocity would increase in order to conserve momentum but I'm not sure. Pls respond.
Original post by Sapereaude54
Does anyone know what the answer to the mcq for the car where the fuel in the car decreased. I assumed its maxium velocity would increase in order to conserve momentum but I'm not sure. Pls respond.

I put because the friction on the wheels (?) would decrease, but i think thats wrong :P
Original post by Smile Generator
I put because the friction on the wheels (?) would decrease, but i think thats wrong :P

I put that too

Ah ,it's only 1 mark I guess. I know it may be hard to recall now, but for the needle of the seisometer did you talk about how the pattern would correspond to the amplitude of the wave and its frequency?
Also, how did you find the paper overall?
Reply 688
Guys how many marks do u think would be required for a B
Reply 689
Last year's old spec was 97/140 for an A over 2 papers. And they've always oscillated within the 100-110 /140 range for an A, according to someone who checked and replied to me on this thread earlier.

If AQA stick consistent with other years, it should be lower than the normal 100-110 range for an A because these papers were harder than the old spec.
Ah ,it's only 1 mark I guess. I know it may be hard to recall now, but for the needle of the seisometer did you talk about how the pattern would correspond to the amplitude of the wave and its frequency?
Also, how did you find the paper overall?

No, i said I'd come back to the question as I didn't know what the mark scheme would want but i didnt get a chance too unfortunately...

I thought it was alot harder than the past paper, the multiple choice was okay though, i just thought a few questions were abit odd, but overall...quite a hard paper. I reckon (and so does my teacher) the grade boundaries will be low :smile:
No, i said I'd come back to the question as I didn't know what the mark scheme would want but i didnt get a chance too unfortunately...

I thought it was alot harder than the past paper, the multiple choice was okay though, i just thought a few questions were abit odd, but overall...quite a hard paper. I reckon (and so does my teacher) the grade boundaries will be low :smile:
Yeah, i was really confused by that question myself -didn't have a clue how to answer, but overall I'd say that paper was definitely harder than many of the previous years soI really help the grade boudaries will be low too lol!
Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by Kaasi
AQA paper 2 wasn't too bad. I don't know what people are worrying about. I am pretty certain it will be around 52-53 for an A (or slightly higher)
For those who found it hard, I am sure you didn't put in as much work as you should have done.
Good luck!!
:smile: :smile: :smile:

100 ums for you

lol the thing is , i was thinking the same because of the coeffcient of friction. But its nowhere on the spec so i thought the answer was something else lol.

but i was thinking , imagine if the track was smooth XD.
Original post by PawanAviator
lol the thing is , i was thinking the same because of the coeffcient of friction. But its nowhere on the spec so i thought the answer was something else lol.

but i was thinking , imagine if the track was smooth XD.

That is eactly what I was thinking in the exam so I put the maximum velocity would have to increase.xD. I really don't know what the correct answer was now.
Can some please start an unofficial mark scheme this is getting bloody ridiculous now, doesn't make any sense not to have one
Original post by FixUpMayte
Can some please start an unofficial mark scheme this is getting bloody ridiculous now, doesn't make any sense not to have one

or at the very least post the link to one
That is eactly what I was thinking in the exam so I put the maximum velocity would have to increase.xD. I really don't know what the correct answer was now.

I put acceleration and deceleration increases. Got no idea what is correct. I went to that conclusion from the equation F=ma.
Yeah, i was really confused by that question myself -didn't have a clue how to answer, but overall I'd say that paper was definitely harder than many of the previous years soI really help the grade boudaries will be low too lol!
Best of luck! :smile:

Hopefully :P.

Thanks! You too :smile:
still no unofficial mark scheme

Quick Reply

Latest