The Student Room Group

3C and 4C Government and Politics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Can i have some points for "which party is more ideologically divided?" Please 45marks
Original post by Gyrocile
I imagine you know which topics you aren't covering, but my teacher suggested not doing Elections from 3C.

1. The evidence isn't hugely applicable outside of the topic itself, unlike most other topics.
2. There's lots of facts and figures to learn in the topic itself that can only be applied to their respective areas. I.e. You can't really use data on primaries in a congressional election question or a national convention question.

If you're great are remembering stats and data go right ahead though!

Thank you for that advice actually! I was really stuck between political parties or elections and voting, that clears up the decision
Reply 162
Elections is a disgusting topic
Elections essay will be easy af if 45M on nomination process or Reforming EC comes up
Is anyone going to revise the question 'Presidential debates affect Presidential campaign outcomes?'
Original post by MelissaaC
Democratic values:
- Big government, obamacare, fiscal stimulus etc
- Social liberalism, Manchin Toomey amendment, gay rights and the legalisation of gay marriage (don't ask, don't tell repealed ) pro choice
- Dove foreign policy e.g prefer diplomacy instead of engaging war, many Democrats such as nancy pelosi were against Iraq, Democrats and Obama have attempted to restore relations with Russia and Cuba

Republican values
- Small government, strongly opposed fiscal stimulus and Obamacare, believe in freedom from the federal government and that power should be vested with the states
- Social conservatism, pro guns, pro life e.g Mexico city policy, Bush's ban on stem cell research, Rick Santorum said he would ban abortion even in the cases of rape
- Hawk foreign policy, Iraq, supported Afghanistan and Libya

thank you so so much! :smile:
I'm so done with this revision. How am I going to pass this :frown:

I need one more help, I am getting confused between all the factions!
What's the difference between a liberal, progressive, centrist and conservative in the Democratic party? Do they have other names for it?

If anyone could help I would appreciate it a lot!
Reply 167
What sort of 45 marker on the constitution are people expecting?
Original post by sakuraasakii
I'm so done with this revision. How am I going to pass this :frown:

I need one more help, I am getting confused between all the factions!
What's the difference between a liberal, progressive, centrist and conservative in the Democratic party? Do they have other names for it?

If anyone could help I would appreciate it a lot!

Liberal and progressive is the same thing and that would include people such as Bernie Sanders.

Centrists are also known as moderates including people such as Hillary Clinton.

And conservatives are also known as an 'blue dog' democrats and theyre the smallest faction. Members include Joe Lieberman who helped get the 'public option' removed from Obamacare.

Hope that's helpful x
Original post by alleseer98
Liberal and progressive is the same thing and that would include people such as Bernie Sanders.

Centrists are also known as moderates including people such as Hillary Clinton.

And conservatives are also known as an 'blue dog' democrats and theyre the smallest faction. Members include Joe Lieberman who helped get the 'public option' removed from Obamacare.

Hope that's helpful x

ahhh, I see now. Everything's clearer now, thank you a lot! :thumbsup:
Reply 170
Original post by Plast12
If anyone wants my notes of what ever else, here's a link to my google drive folder which you should be able to view. If you don't have google drive, get it, it's amazing. I've had a couple of people ask me to email the notes, but I'm running out of time to do that so you should be able to access them all here. I don't think it'll let you download them though, it should let you print them but the format will be a bit screwed, but the content is all there. If you click the pop-out button it should re-format it to how I wrote it and it will print better though.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8AD2iG0__xwTFRINzJjREFYNG8&usp=sharing

Just copy and paste that and you should be able to access everything I've done in terms of notes,essay plans and examples.

Good luck!

OMG THANK YOU SOOOO SOOOO SOOO MUCH!!! this is sooo useful
I resat AS unit 1 this year and edexcel, deliberately it seems, muddled up the topics and units on the questions. So just a heads up in case they decide to do that again with the A2 :s-smilie:
does anyone have predictions for 4c? the 15 markers and 45?
Reply 173
Original post by miacat
I resat AS unit 1 this year and edexcel, deliberately it seems, muddled up the topics and units on the questions. So just a heads up in case they decide to do that again with the A2 :s-smilie:

I can confirm this o.o, we have to prepare for some dirty questions
Reply 174
Original post by Pato1
So this is how 3C will be structured (99%) sure based on patterns

40 Markers:
Race -> something on the Obama administration on immigration (?)
Elections -> electoral college needs replacing
Pressure Groups -> Whether PG's are good or bad for democracy/elitism/pluralism

15 Markers:
Parties -> Party faction question
Parties -> Which groups of votors tend to vote for Rep's/Dems
Race -> Ethnic makeup of federal government question
Elections -> invisible primary
Pressure Groups -> factors which give PG's success/how they influence the senate

stupid question but are these the predictions? THANKS :smile:)))
Reply 175
Could somebody kindly, suggest points to answer a question on Obama's administration and also on Immigration as I am struggling. x
Thankyouu !
Does anyone have any predictions for 4C? Am trying to revise both units at the same time so I don't neglect one!
Original post by Pato1
I can confirm this o.o, we have to prepare for some dirty questions

What do you mean? How did they muddle up the questions and topics? I'm so scared what could they do for A2
Does anyone have an example for a committee chairmen being appointed through seniority?
is the question "Racial equality in the US remains a distant dream" basically asking if race is still an issue in the US?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending