The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Cornwall Campus

HI,

I just wondered if anybody has been to the Penryn campus for Exeter. Does this hinder your creditability and job prospects? Is it isolated?

If anyone has any info, it would be much appreciated.

Ellie
I don't go there currently but i'm considering it, and I know you graduate with a degree from the University of Exeter regardless of the campus, so employers etc don't need to know you've been there :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Yeah exactly my thoughts! Aslong as it just says degree from Exeter (which is obviously an amazing uni) then I don't really mind! Just worried about if it's isolated and night life and all that!
Original post by ellieburrows99
Yeah exactly my thoughts! Aslong as it just says degree from Exeter (which is obviously an amazing uni) then I don't really mind! Just worried about if it's isolated and night life and all that!

yeah it will do don't worry :smile: and those are my concerns too tbh, are you planning on going to an open day?
I wasn't planning on it as its very far but I suppose I best do! Especially as it's different and not a big city and so I don't want to be somewhere for 3 years that I don't like!
Original post by ellieburrows99
I wasn't planning on it as its very far but I suppose I best do! Especially as it's different and not a big city and so I don't want to be somewhere for 3 years that I don't like!

yeah its a long way for me too but i really like the course there and the idea of living by the beach seems nice! but yeah i wanna make sure i can definitely see myself living there tbh :smile:
Yeah I'm a person who likes my own company and the beach and out of city life seems a nice place to learn and live! What course are you planning on doing ?
yeah it really does! and i figure it's probably my only chance to live by the sea for a few years :smile: and geography, what about you?
Reply 8
Hi,
My daughter just finished studying geography at the Penryn Campus and loved it. She lived in Falmouth for the second two years and the buses are excellent and plentiful for going to and from uni, think its £1 a trip. Lived on campus the first year and you can walk into Penryn easily from there. Asda is walkable and I believe there is a bus too. Falmouth is a very vibrant studenty town, loads of cafes, restaurants, and some clubs. Beautiful area of the country. She found the campus great, library excellent and good place to study. Much smaller than a lot of universities but therefore friendly.The Stannary on campus holds lots of events, the societies are good, Geo soc, Enactus etc all good. She has been offered a masters at kings college, London so has not had any disadvantage from being at Penryn and has been involved in the main campus when working in Enactus.
Sounds amazing! Definitely put my mind at ease! Sounds like the nice low key place I'm looking for! Thanks so much for your help! :smile:
Original post by guitarandpopcorn
yeah it really does! and i figure it's probably my only chance to live by the sea for a few years :smile: and geography, what about you?

Yeah exactly! And Politics and International Relations
Original post by SN3
Hi,
My daughter just finished studying geography at the Penryn Campus and loved it. She lived in Falmouth for the second two years and the buses are excellent and plentiful for going to and from uni, think its £1 a trip. Lived on campus the first year and you can walk into Penryn easily from there. Asda is walkable and I believe there is a bus too. Falmouth is a very vibrant studenty town, loads of cafes, restaurants, and some clubs. Beautiful area of the country. She found the campus great, library excellent and good place to study. Much smaller than a lot of universities but therefore friendly.The Stannary on campus holds lots of events, the societies are good, Geo soc, Enactus etc all good. She has been offered a masters at kings college, London so has not had any disadvantage from being at Penryn and has been involved in the main campus when working in Enactus.

Sounds amazing! Definitely put my mind at ease! Sounds like the nice low key place I'm looking for! Thanks so much for your help!
Reply 12
No worries, hope you get there and really enjoy it! Make the most of it!
Anyone else planning on studying zoology?
Original post by charlottlouise
Anyone else planning on studying zoology?

Yep! What other unis are you looking at?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending