The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medical School Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jlmahendran
I think there's one on facebook already, made a while ago. I only firmed Plymouth recently too

I joined, thnx for telling me
Hey guys! Just wondering whether any of you have heard of anyone getting into Plymouth with lower than AAA after receiving an offer? Thanks! x
I know some medical schools will still let you in if you get AAB and are only a few UMS off.
Original post by smartie98
Hey guys! Just wondering whether any of you have heard of anyone getting into Plymouth with lower than AAA after receiving an offer? Thanks! x
Reply 503
Hey, i've been rejected and am taking a gap year and reapplying. I'm thinking about Plymouth for next year. Anyone who was invited for interview or received an offer please could you tell me what your stats were? Also will Plymouth be sticking with panel interviews or switching to MMI next year? And well done everyone who got in :smile:
Reply 504
I can't help with regards to next years interviews, as I've no idea. I had the panel interview and thought it wasn't too bad! I was originally wait listed, then offered a place in February. I'm a graduate, so my stats might not be helpful for you. I had a 2:2 with a 66 in my Gamsat. In regards to A Levels, I imagine it's 3 A's minimum!
Reply 505
Original post by CON94
I can't help with regards to next years interviews, as I've no idea. I had the panel interview and thought it wasn't too bad! I was originally wait listed, then offered a place in February. I'm a graduate, so my stats might not be helpful for you. I had a 2:2 with a 66 in my Gamsat. In regards to A Levels, I imagine it's 3 A's minimum!

Thanks anyway! Congratulations
Original post by LAM459
Hey, i've been rejected and am taking a gap year and reapplying. I'm thinking about Plymouth for next year. Anyone who was invited for interview or received an offer please could you tell me what your stats were? Also will Plymouth be sticking with panel interviews or switching to MMI next year? And well done everyone who got in :smile:

Hi :smile:
I was interviewed in November, put on hold, and then given an offer (AAA) in February.
Stats:
GCSE: 6A* 5A
Achieved A2: AAB (resitting the B, predicted A*)
UKCAT: 727.5 Band 2 (790 740 740 640)

Plymouth don't seem to indicate any future changes to their admissions process on their website, so AFAIK the interview will be panel like it was this year. Things might have changed by October though, so check again nearer the time of applying or contact admissions if you're worried.
Good luck with everything!
Original post by LAM459

Was interviewed in November and got an offer in December!
Stars:
GCSEs: 3A*8A
A2 predicted: AAA (Chem, bio & econ)
UKCAT: 690 band 1

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CON94

Interviewed in November, Offer in December (Declined since I'm going to Leicester)

GCSEs: 7A*, 2A, 2B

A2 Predicted Grades: 3A* (Chem, Bio, Maths)

UKCAT: 675 Band 2

I had really good work experience in a hospital for a week so that might have helped.
Reply 509
Original post by vilifyme
Interviewed in November, Offer in December (Declined since I'm going to Leicester)

GCSEs: 7A*, 2A, 2B

A2 Predicted Grades: 3A* (Chem, Bio, Maths)

UKCAT: 675 Band 2

I had really good work experience in a hospital for a week so that might have helped.

Thanks everyone for all the replies! So helpful :smile: do plymouth make offers just based on interview performance or does it count for 50% or something? I've tried their website but i haven't found much on their selection process..
Original post by LAM459
Thanks everyone for all the replies! So helpful :smile: do plymouth make offers just based on interview performance or does it count for 50% or something? I've tried their website but i haven't found much on their selection process..

If I remember correctly, if you meet the ukcat cut off and minimum entry requirements, you will be invited to interview and then when they give out offers, it's based solely on interview performance. Good luck applying! It seems like a great place to study and everyone is really friendly, unfortunately defined my offer and went for Newcastle but it was a tough decision!
Original post by LAM459

I think decisions are heavily weighted on the interview.
Original post by smartie98

They definitely took at least one student on AAB this year but, as with all med schools, a powerful interview performance combined with a fantastic application and a great deal of luck will be necessary to pull this off…

Good luck!
Original post by LAM459

After interview, as far as we know, they draw a line in the sand based solely on your interview score and you find yourself on one side of it. If your toes are almost touching it then you get onto the waiting list and hope that things go wrong for someone else :s-smilie:
best of luck!
Hey guys, whats everyone chosen/choosing for accommodation? They all seem so far from the medical school
Reply 515
Original post by Astronaut Sloth
Hey guys, whats everyone chosen/choosing for accommodation? They all seem so far from the medical school

I like the look of Astor House and Radnor. Also is there anyway to get an idea of room size without actually going down to visit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TCO
I like the look of Astor House and Radnor. Also is there anyway to get an idea of room size without actually going down to visit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Morning!

Glad to hear that you're considering living with us at Astor House. Is there a specific room you were interested in the size?
Does anyone know when the medical questionnaire thing is due?
Original post by Trippside
Does anyone know when the medical questionnaire thing is due?

June 30th
Original post by Astronaut Sloth

Radnor, Mary Newman, Francis Drake, Pilgrim, Gilwell and Robins are on campus and are all one direct bus (15 minutes) from Derriford

Quick Reply

Latest