The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BethM98
I was just told that they're not necessary in the essay (so you can probably still achieve high grades without them) but credit will be given if you use them. Different to psya3 where it's completely necessary! :smile:

Thank you! That's what I was told as well so I think there's been a bit of confusion haha :smile:
Original post by SharinganShahz
covered research methods and should be done with schiz by tomorrow still have no idea how to even start media lmao

literally I am the same
Original post by skytrenfield
It's because it came up only in the replacement paper - the one that was stolen so hardly any schools took the paper meaning AQA is most likely to pull an odd move and bring it up again!

Okay thank you. Hoping it doesn't come up.
Will we ever be asked on specific issues of classification/diagnosis of depression? Or would I be able to get away with only learning a few
Original post by Georginarosee
Okay thank you. Hoping it doesn't come up.

No worries! I'd revise it just in case!

Posted from TSR Mobile
HELPPPPPPP

does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of marks you can achieve per theory or therapy? For example, if a question asked to write 2 explanations or 2 therapies is there a limit to the number of marks you can achieve per explanation /therapy or can i write a lot about one and a little about the other and still gain 24 marks?
(edited 7 years ago)
PLEASE HELP!
If for schizophrenia it was a 12 mark question on outline and evaluate one psychological explanation of schizophrenia
could you talk about socio-cultural factors and then within that family relationships and life events since they're within the same thing but two different elements of it?
Does anyone know what the grade boundries for unit 4 are like? Hoping they're as low as unit 3 ahhh
Reply 4708
Original post by Hihihi123
PLEASE HELP!
If for schizophrenia it was a 12 mark question on outline and evaluate one psychological explanation of schizophrenia
could you talk about socio-cultural factors and then within that family relationships and life events since they're within the same thing but two different elements of it?

I know that expressed emotion is credited.
Reply 4709
If anyone wants me to look at/ mark any media essays nows your chance!
are people just revising essays for media??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, I know there's been much debate about this on here- BUT CAN YOU USE IDA IN PSYA4 ESSAYS?
Okay, I know there's been much debate about this on here- BUT CAN YOU USE IDA IN PSYA4 ESSAYS?

My teacher says Yes, so i am going too... but not too many, as long as it links back to the theory I guess?
Reply 4713

No :-( although I suppose a few ethics and correlations won't hurt... But be aware you may not get marks!
how many evaluations do you need for a 10 markers?
Does anyone have any notes/essays about the biological explanation of depression??
Can we take a calculator into the PSYA4 exam even if it's not needed?
Original post by skytrenfield
are people just revising essays for media??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just revising cue cards and studies as most of the questions are short in media
Will we ever be asked explanations of how video games affect behavior e.g. the GAM and desensitization. I've learnt them but i haven't come across a question using it
Reply 4719
Original post by Impossibear
Can we take a calculator into the PSYA4 exam even if it's not needed?

It may ask about mean, mode, median, range so it's best to take one in :-)

Latest

Trending

Trending