The Student Room Group

Worked Mark scheme for Maths Edexcel 2016

Scroll to see replies

For the arc length one I did 75/360 x pi x d (substituted the numbers in) did it for the big shape and small shape however didn't have time to do the last bit which was to add all the numbers up. How many marks out of 3 would that be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1jonam16
I only used the cosine rule and got the right answer? Will i lose working marks? I felt it was quicker without doing sine ?>
No, of course you won't lose marks as long as you showed the correct working for your method and got the right answer in the end, you don't have to use the sine rule. But remember you have to show your way up to the answer, the examiner just needs to see how you got the answer. :smile:
You're just 1-upping him smh
Original post by hamza772000
No, of course you won't lose marks as long as you showed the correct working for your method and got the right answer in the end, you don't have to use the sine rule. But remember you have to show your way up to the answer, the examiner just needs to see how you got the answer. :smile:

For the last question I did the first step which was finding out 40 degrees and then tried to use sine rule and wrote down the equation and substituted the numbers in. However the method didn't work and before I had time to complete it I didn't have time to finish it. How many marks would that be out of 6?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
For the last question I did the first step which was finding out 40 degrees and then tried to use sine rule and wrote down the equation and substituted the numbers in. However the method didn't work and before I had time to complete it I didn't have time to finish it. How many marks would that be out of 6?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You got the angle so 2 marks and substituted numbers in sine rule= 1 more mark so overall 3 marks, unless you crossed out your working.

I'm not an examiner, I sat the exam as well but I do know that you do get a mark for substituting numbers in the correct formulas.:smile:
Reply 85
I think I got around 68-69 in the first paper and 75-76 in the second paper, does anybody know what that would be roughly?:smile:
You got the angle so 2 marks and substituted numbers in sine rule= 1 more mark so overall 3 marks, unless you crossed out your working.

I'm not an examiner, I sat the exam as well but I do know that you do get a mark for substituting numbers in the correct formulas.:smile:

I didn't cross it out haha so basically I found out 40 degrees and then wrote a/sinA = b/sinB = c/sinC then substituted in values however I only had one angle in one side and one length in the other so that didn't work haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nega166
You're just 1-upping him smh

Hahaha igy
Original post by DamnDaniel2
I didn't cross it out haha so basically I found out 40 degrees and then wrote a/sinA = b/sinB = c/sinC then substituted in values however I only had one angle in one side and one length in the other so that didn't work haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry but I doubt you'd get the mark coz you haven't fully substituted, I hope you know what I mean.

thanks
thanks
No worries, did you use the cosine rule twice? ngl That's pretty clever. :biggrin:
I'm sorry but I doubt you'd get the mark coz you haven't fully substituted, I hope you know what I mean.

Haha yh I understand :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I pmed you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Has anyone got the non calculator markscheme? Edexcel. Thanks
No worries, did you use the cosine rule twice? ngl That's pretty clever. :biggrin:

I just calculated B using the area formula, and then did the cosine to get the side and then used the area formula again, I felt it was a lot quicker.
Reply 95
For question 4 would this be right:
1)18*20*26=9360 (common factor)
2) Small= 9360/18*4=£,2080 This is the cheapest so best value
2) Medium=9360/20*4.99=£2,335.32
3) Large=9360/26*6=£2,160
I just calculated B using the area formula, and then did the cosine to get the side and then used the area formula again, I felt it was a lot quicker.
Yeah, it must've been quicker, oh well as long as we get the answer, right?
Yeah, it must've been quicker, oh well as long as we get the answer, right?

haha yes, do you do further maths btw?
Original post by ozziess
For question 4 would this be right:
1)18*20*26=9360 (common factor)
2) Small= 9360/18*4=£,2080 This is the cheapest so best value
2) Medium=9360/20*4.99=£2,335.32
3) Large=9360/26*6=£2,160
That should be fine, as long as you specify that you get 9360 packs for the cheapest from the small box. :smile:
haha yes, do you do further maths btw?
Nah, wish I could but nope, school doesn't do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending