The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2016 grade boundary predictions

Scroll to see replies

Would 70/200 secure me the C or not?
Original post by Waveyalex
Maths,government and politics and ict. U looking to do architecture/engineering?

Oh nice!!! I always wanted to do politics but unfortunately, at my school, they don't have it as A level subject.
I want to be architecture.
What about you?
Original post by JonnyArnold122
Would 70/200 secure me the C or not?

Yes it would of course.

Very strong C!!!c well done
Original post by lukey0071
Oh nice!!! I always wanted to do politics but unfortunately, at my school, they don't have it as A level subject.
I want to be architecture.
What about you?

Computer science lool I'm hoping to the love of god the grade boundary for an A is like 130-132
Computer science lool I'm hoping to the love of god the grade boundary for an A is like 130-132

I don't do computer science but I think you will get A because you are clever.
1st one, no marks but if you show the equations like T = x + y, you would get a mark.
2nd, yes one mark
3rd, 2 marks for working out.
4th, one mark

Calculator

1st, 2 marks
2nd, yes you will get a mark for that.

Don't be worried, to be honest, these are hard questions, I didn't understand for first time so well done. No problem.

Thank you for replying!! I 100% agree with you!!
I don't do computer science but I think you will get A because you are clever.

Thanks bro any predictions for grade boundaries this year ?
Thanks bro any predictions for grade boundaries this year ?

For maths
C= 60- 70 marks over

B= 95 marks or 100 marks

A=130 marks

A*= 163 marks

I think this is right grade boundaries for this year's GCSE maths Edexcel.
Reply 208
1st one, no marks but if you show the equations like T = x + y, you would get a mark.
2nd, yes one mark
3rd, 2 marks for working out.
4th, one mark

Calculator

1st, 2 marks
2nd, yes you will get a mark for that.

Don't be worried, to be honest, these are hard questions, I didn't understand for first time so well done. No problem.

I made a dumb error on the first question Non-Calc.

I wrote the formula which is in the equations page of the booklet and then substituted the values in BUT I got the answer wrong and forget to correct it (Stupid, I know).

How many marks out of 3 would I get for my working?
For maths
C= 60- 70 marks over

B= 95 marks or 100 marks

A=130 marks

A*= 163 marks

I think this is right grade boundaries for this year's GCSE maths Edexcel.

Yh tbh they seem relatively fair I'm most concerned with grade boundary at the A grade
Original post by DOMAR34
I made a dumb error on the first question Non-Calc.

I wrote the formula which is in the equations page of the booklet and then substituted the values in BUT I got the answer wrong and forget to correct it (Stupid, I know).

How many marks out of 3 would I get for my working?

If you put the equations and numbers in it, you would get a mark for it
So you got 1 out of three.
Yh tbh they seem relatively fair I'm most concerned with grade boundary at the A grade

Me too, A grade shouldn't go up this year because it's got few tricky questions.
Me too, A grade shouldn't go up this year because it's got few tricky questions.

last years A grade was 125 and year before was 133 but this year was harder than 2014 so 129-131 should be the fair balance.
last years A grade was 125 and year before was 133 but this year was harder than 2014 so 129-131 should be the fair balance.

That's should be fair. Awesome mate. And just to tell you that I was a bit silly and went on the calculator and put 125 + 133 = 258/ 2 = 129
So it's should be at 129 marks.....
And for A*= 160 marks
Seems legit.
(edited 7 years ago)
That's should be fair. Awesome mate. And just to tell you that I was a bit silly and went on the calculator and put 125 + 133 = 258/ 2 = 129
So it's should be at 129 marks.....
And for A*= 160 marks
Seems legit.

Yh ive commited nearly a whole year to get my A grade in maths in order to do A level maths but im worried about these grade boundaries I added up my marks and got 133 any comments
Reply 215
I did 145/1000 X 1.80 and got 0.261. How many marks out of 3 would be lost?
Yh ive commited nearly a whole year to get my A grade in maths in order to do A level maths but im worried about these grade boundaries I added up my marks and got 133 any comments

Do you know any schools that do A level maths on B grade in maths?
Or just calm down and focus on other subjects.
You can't do anything about it now, just don't think about it.
Do you know any schools that do A level maths on B grade in maths?
Or just calm down and focus on other subjects.
You can't do anything about it now, just don't think about it.

yh true its prob an A grade tho seeing as last year was 125 and th year before it was 133 for an A
yh true its prob an A grade tho seeing as last year was 125 and th year before it was 133 for an A

I am 100% sure that you will get grade A and well done for achieving such a hard grade to get in this exams.

I hope I get a A*, I think I got around 167 marks, I really wanted to get A*, if not, grade A still be good and great for me personally
I am 100% sure that you will get grade A and well done for achieving such a hard grade to get in this exams.

I hope I get a A*, I think I got around 167 marks, I really wanted to get A*, if not, grade A still be good and great for me personally

Same to you mate and thx for giving me a bit of reassurance and hope that I acc needed at such a big time in my life lool but why does results day have to be sooooooo far away for

Quick Reply

Latest