The Student Room Group

Comp2 Resit June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Gosh, didn't realise that i would have so much to revise urg!
Original post by KnightCode

There are some information that wont stick to my head, it is so annoying . But we will keep trying till Tuesday hopefully we all get COMP2 into our head and once we finish hopefully get it out of our head lol :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by KnightCode

I thought COMP2 would be the easy one but there's actually so much to revise. And I haven't even started comp3 properly.
Original post by Teee123
I thought COMP2 would be the easy one but there's actually so much to revise. And I haven't even started comp3 properly.

Is it just me or is the June 2015 paper hard and really weird . It is almost as if AQA did a sharp turn out of nowhere , this paper is literally your beliefs and questions which are hard to answer. Now i am really afraid of the Comp 2 June 2016 paper
:frown::s-smilie::frown::s-smilie::frown::s-smilie::frown::s-smilie::frown:
Original post by AiMathComp1998
Is it just me or is the June 2015 paper hard and really weird . It is almost as if AQA did a sharp turn out of nowhere , this paper is literally your beliefs and questions which are hard to answer. Now i am really afraid of the Comp 2 June 2016 paper
:frown::s-smilie::frown::s-smilie::frown::s-smilie::frown::s-smilie::frown:

Hopefully it's an easier paper than last year, i hope no principles of operation come up.
Reply 25
Original post by epic within
Hopefully it's an easier paper than last year, i hope no principles of operation come up.

I wouldn't mind if we got a six marker on a hardware device or fetch execute cycle. I'm dreading there being a six marker about the Internet and protocols etc, that's probably my weakest part of comp2
Original post by Teee123
I wouldn't mind if we got a six marker on a hardware device or fetch execute cycle. I'm dreading there being a six marker about the Internet and protocols etc, that's probably my weakest part of comp2

I'm dreading about those logic gates questions were you have to create the equation yourself
Reply 27
Original post by epic within
I'm dreading about those logic gates questions were you have to create the equation yourself

Can't recall coming across those before, dyu have any examples?
Original post by Teee123
Can't recall coming across those before, dyu have any examples?

Jan 2009 Q10 (b)

Jun 2012 Q8

I think there a few more
Original post by Teee123

I hate that. Especially the questions on IP addresses and gates ETC.
Anyone understand these diagrams fully? I get how the 3 buses interact with the Processor and main memory & I/O but don't get how they interact with the Controllers :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hassan Hassan
Anyone understand these diagrams fully? I get how the 3 buses interact with the Processor and main memory & I/O but don't get how they interact with the Controllers :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can imagine a keyboard , they keyboard would not be able to pass data by itself , it needs a controller to translate the inputs into processor executable language . so in the case of the attachment you have posted . Visual display unit controller will be connected to a visual display unit . Screenshot_1.png.A will be visual display unit , B will be the processor , C will be the Main Memory , and D will be the Keyboard . The first Horizontal line will be the Address Bus , the 2nd horizontal line will be the Data Bus and the final horizontal line will be the Control Bus.

Hope this helps :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
bit worried guys,
would be nice if someone commented any possible questions or topics that is likely to come up or that i should made sure that i revised
thanks!
Feel the same way. Up doing internet atm. But immreally not sure on what will & won't come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am using this document at the moment. It doesn't have all the details but it has enough. Hope it helps.
Did anyone make a Whatsapp group? Would be very useful for all my cram revision xD
Anyone have any thoughts on what topics could come up ? I think there could be a question on the principles of operation of a touch sensitive screen or an LCD screen, internal components of a processor and maybe a question on the different type of selectors.
Have a good feeling CSS will come up aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Forming those boolean equations I can't aswell ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hassan Hassan
Forming those boolean equations I can't aswell ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont stress BRO , just try and find some videos where they go step by step through the method . If you need any help in particular , you can ask on this thread . I will either know the answer or i will try and find out (i am doing the exam as well so i might as well learn that thing i might not know) . :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending