The Student Room Group

Art drawings

Does anyone have a good idea what to draw ? I was thinking about my GCSE art textbook and realised it is quite empty, and the year is almost over. So I was thinking of a nice kind of painting or drawing to be done in my book. My topic is Still life. Any good compositions or objects that I could draw, and the kind of media/ technique i could use?
Reply 1
Slugs are pretty stil
A nice pigeon or two.
Reply 3
Original post by milikahyounas
Does anyone have a good idea what to draw ? I was thinking about my GCSE art textbook and realised it is quite empty, and the year is almost over. So I was thinking of a nice kind of painting or drawing to be done in my book. My topic is Still life. Any good compositions or objects that I could draw, and the kind of media/ technique i could use?

Lot's of still life ideas here

I once spent a whole day drawing hands all over my sketchbook similar to these and the result was pretty cool

Reply 4
Never draw, just trace. Way easier and saves hours of time. The examiners have no clue and your art looks amazing!
Original post by Prussia
Slugs are pretty stil

yeah, and pretty slow too haha :p:
ill try it out:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Woody_Pigeon
A nice pigeon or two.

good idea, maybe three even :tongue: but yea ill try that out but maybe like a parrot as its very colourful and i can try blending colours :smile:
thanks x
Original post by kkboyk
Lot's of still life ideas here

I once spent a whole day drawing hands all over my sketchbook similar to these and the result was pretty cool

wow! thats awesome, I never thought of doing like body parts, ive done an eye but thats an obvious one. Hands look pretty cool, ill try that out! thanks x :smile:
Original post by Prussia
Never draw, just trace. Way easier and saves hours of time. The examiners have no clue and your art looks amazing!

Hahaha who says i haven't done it before :P, lol. yea ill probably do that with hard objects or people such as a chandelier and a detailed face. good idea tho :smile: :cool:
I drew this last year.
d9803b734e9f4412a96961a1d7b81762.jpg
Original post by Mrs.Grey
I drew this last year.
d9803b734e9f4412a96961a1d7b81762.jpg

wow! that is amazing! so realistic I was thiking of doing a face or a whole body but it looks so complex. You make it so easy :redface:
wow! that is amazing! so realistic I was thiking of doing a face or a whole body but it looks so complex. You make it so easy :redface:

Thank you! I recommend watching a lot of youtube videos.
Use the artist Giorgio Mirandi, whom creates still life ensembles of pots, and create your own response to it. My art teacher said to get an A-A*, most of ur work should have an artist reference.
good idea, maybe three even :tongue: but yea ill try that out but maybe like a parrot as its very colourful and i can try blending colours :smile:
thanks x

See, I would go for pigeons, because you can do something with the iridescence of the neck. Pigeons can be quite grey and dull, but often the neck is a vibrant green or purple. parrots are colourful all over, sometimes makes it too bright. Also with pigeons they can be chequered, mottled, piebald etc. Much more variety.
See, I would go for pigeons, because you can do something with the iridescence of the neck. Pigeons can be quite grey and dull, but often the neck is a vibrant green or purple. parrots are colourful all over, sometimes makes it too bright. Also with pigeons they can be chequered, mottled, piebald etc. Much more variety.

It's a good idea but pigeons aren't still life so it wouldn't really fit with the theme
Have a look at Maria Pace-Wynter's paintings, she does lots of portraits where the subject appears to be staring into space/daydreaming. Here is one that I did last year for gcse
17.02.15 (3).JPG

True, the colours are quite a nice kind of grey, and the green/purple neck would make it stand out more. I have not drawn it yet so i'll try the pigeons first x :smile:
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Have a look at Maria Pace-Wynter's paintings, she does lots of portraits where the subject appears to be staring into space/daydreaming. Here is one that I did last year for gcse
17.02.15 (3).JPG

That paintings really good! Yeah, i like her paintings as they are mainly primary colours and it makes it stand out more. I'll have a go at one x :wink:
Original post by elliexjoy
Use the artist Giorgio Mirandi, whom creates still life ensembles of pots, and create your own response to it. My art teacher said to get an A-A*, most of ur work should have an artist reference.

Actually, the first idea that popped in my head was Giorgio Mirandi but I felt i had a lot of object drawings in my book. I have Audrey flack and Lichtenstein paintings in my art book, so I was looking for a different type of subject for this drawing. Its a good idea tho xx :wink::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending