The Student Room Group

What's with all the comments about Lyanna Mormont?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ivybridge

It is when people suddenly assume that means she can't lead.

I get what you mean, there is a lot of Dany hate on that topic. But i wasn't implying she was a bad leader... just she wants to conquer and will do so, while Lyanna has no intention of expanding her land. Though Dany is my fave and I want her on the iron throne, at this point she's still somewhat naive, and her character may probably be due for more development into becoming a better ruler overall.
Reply 21
Original post by drogon
Lyanna isnt as pretentious as Dany, she's more of a straight talker. Plus she seems like a badass.

mate, she gave us yet ANOTHER talk on how she's the greatest blah blah blah. So much cringe. All she's done is capitalise on the fact that she's resistant to heat and has dragons.

Not really... :lol:. It's a pretty big element of her character, in fairness.

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
The main turn-off for me was

[video="youtube;hxA582uFmvQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxA582uFmvQ[/video]

And from then my dislike grew. Stannis was moody, totally unlikable and boring as well. In fact no ruler or potential ruler has seemed at all good to me except perhaps Jon..

Why this point?
Reply 22
Original post by Arima
I get what you mean, there is a lot of Dany hate on that topic. But i wasn't implying she was a bad leader... just she wants to conquer and will do so, while Lyanna has no intention of expanding her land. Though Dany is my fave and I want her on the iron throne, at this point she's still somewhat naive, and her character may probably be due for more development into becoming a better ruler overall.

I agree but I think people need to contextualise it properly. She is the only one with no experience other than that which she is making for herself. The Lannister's have experience as do the Stark's, Bolton's, Baratheon's, etc. etc.
Reply 23

She was born with heat resistance, not really something she can say is her character. And her dragons got her the slaves which consequently gave her so much power. She's tactical but one can argue she's simply using what she has and uses it all as leverage for herself.

And you literally cannot argue that she's not pretentious lol
Reply 24

Why this point?

Tbh this is the thing I remember most, but I feel like I disliked her earlier to be honest. I don't remember the show well enough, I can't give a decent argument :colondollar: But in general, she seems to show a lack of rationality and a degree of self-importance/entitlement that makes me wary of her, especially given her parentage... not that she isn't an interesting character, don't get me wrong, when I say I dislike a character on game of thrones it isn't like disliking a character in that you think they're poorly written or too two-dimensional or anything, I'm just speaking about my opinion of her as if she is a real person.
Reply 25
Original post by drogon
She was born with heat resistance, not really something she can say is her character. And her dragons got her the slaves which consequently gave her so much power. She's tactical but one can argue she's simply using what she has and uses it all as leverage for herself.

And you literally cannot argue that she's not pretentious lol

She wasn't - have you not read the books...?

I don't think being educated, in a position of power, and walking among and treating slaves as equals makes her pretentious.
Reply 26
Tbh this is the thing I remember most, but I feel like I disliked her earlier to be honest. I don't remember the show well enough, I can't give a decent argument :colondollar: But in general, she seems to show a lack of rationality and a degree of self-importance/entitlement that makes me wary of her, especially given her parentage... not that she isn't an interesting character, don't get me wrong, when I say I dislike a character on game of thrones it isn't like disliking a character in that you think they're poorly written or too two-dimensional or anything, I'm just speaking about my opinion of her as if she is a real person.

Yeah fair enough but she is entitled - she has a strong claim to the throne.
Reply 27
One of them actually knows how to rule.

The other is obsessed with power and more concerned with conquering.
She was great:smile:
Reply 29
She wasn't - have you not read the books...?

I don't think being educated, in a position of power, and walking among and treating slaves as equals makes her pretentious.

Yeah yeah i've heard everyone ***** about this. The author said she wouldnt tbut according to the producers and episode 4, she is. Why was she able to burn the temple down without the use of blood magic (which we assume was the case at the end of season 1)? The book and the show is very different.

What makes her pretentious is her compelling need to reiterate the fact that she has such power when what she has achieved so far has not been much given how much power she has.
Reply 30
Original post by drogon
Yeah yeah i've heard everyone ***** about this. The author said she wouldnt tbut according to the producers and episode 4, she is. Why was she able to burn the temple down without the use of blood magic (which we assume was the case at the end of season 1)? The book and the show is very different.

What makes her pretentious is her compelling need to reiterate the fact that she has such power when what she has achieved so far has not been much given how much power she has.

Yeah, okay, you seem slightly too bugged by this. Ironic that your username is her dragon.
Reply 31
Original post by Rk2k14
One of them actually knows how to rule.

The other is obsessed with power and more concerned with conquering.

You've seen a six minute showing of Lyanna and can deduce such a bold statement already? Lmfao, no. She's six.
Reply 32
Yeah, okay, you seem slightly too bugged by this. Ironic that your username is her dragon.

drogon is a legend who was destined for a real conquerer, not dany.
Asha (Yara) > Lyanna > Margery > Sansa > Mad Queen Big D

Likeabilitywise any way, probably be similar in terms of ruling ability too lol
Reply 34
You've seen a six minute showing of Lyanna and can deduce such a bold statement already? Lmfao, no. She's six.

6 minutes was enough to convince me that she knew what she was doing and understood what was necessary for the future of the North.

Dany can't even rule a city. Just because she leads an army of savages doesn't mean she's a good ruler.
Reply 35
Original post by Zargabaath
Asha (Yara) > Lyanna > Margery > Sansa > Mad Queen Big D

Likeabilitywise any way, probably be similar in terms of ruling ability too lol

:frown:.

Original post by Rk2k14
6 minutes was enough to convince me that she knew what she was doing and understood what was necessary for the future of the North.

Dany can't even rule a city. Just because she leads an army of savages doesn't mean she's a good ruler.

She leads an army of savages? Right...

She can rule a city. Every monarch has encountered issues - Daeny isn't hated by her people, which is more than can be said for most other rulers, such as Stannis, before he died, and the Lannisters.

Also, she didn't know anything - her advisors did.
Reply 36
Original post by drogon
drogon is a legend who was destined for a real conquerer, not dany.

Lmfao, nah - Drogon clearly supports mother dragon. :rofl:
Reply 37
:frown:.

She leads an army of savages? Right...

She can rule a city. Every monarch has encountered issues - Daeny isn't hated by her people, which is more than can be said for most other rulers, such as Stannis, before he died, and the Lannisters.

Also, she didn't know anything - her advisors did.

Dothraki are savages. Well known fact.

I guess we have different definitions of ruling.
Reply 38
Lmfao, nah - Drogon clearly supports mother dragon. :rofl:

unfortunately yeah :frown: hopefully she dies and Jon rides him instead
The main turn-off for me was

[video="youtube;hxA582uFmvQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxA582uFmvQ[/video]

And from then my dislike grew. Stannis was moody, totally unlikable and boring as well. In fact no ruler or potential ruler has seemed at all good to me except perhaps Jon..

Both times she preferred justice over mercy kicked off some **** storms.

Also gonna post a long ass space wall because im posting a minor spoiler but browser on phone doesn't allow spoiler tags so you know to skip it if you don't want to see it.

Loved the amount of ****s that Tully gave over how he was under siege. Nephew being threatened to have his throat cut? Who cares. Oh look commander of the kings guard and actual father of the King? He's pathetic, push him aside.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending