The Student Room Group

Worked Mark scheme for Maths Edexcel 2016

Scroll to see replies

BTW well done for getting lots of marks according to the mark schemes, hopefully you will get an A*:wink:
Reply 121
I did 145/1000 X 1.80 and got 0.261. How many marks out of 3 would be lost?

Anybody
Original post by Rajive

Anybody

Sorry, but which question is this?
Reply 123
Original post by Rakstar
Sorry, but which question is this?

Those index questions can't remember the exact number
Original post by Rajive

Anybody

Sorry, for Q6 you had to do 145/100 x 1.8
Since you had the correct method of multiplying by 1.8 and using 145 it should be clear to the examiner that you understood an increase of 45%.
You may be forgiven on the basis you made an error of the extra 0 on 100.
You will only get a maximum of 1 mark out of 3
Original post by Rajive
Those index questions can't remember the exact number

Since its Edexcel they are the most lenient board, (of course being an overview of all the examiners), they will award markings for the smallest but yet significant of workings/method!
Reply 126
Looks like for question 11 on that paper they forgot to add the total value of the car park?
Reply 127
Original post by Rakstar
Since its Edexcel they are the most lenient board, (of course being an overview of all the examiners), they will award markings for the smallest but yet significant of workings/method!

So it's possible I could get 2 out of 3 marks?
Original post by Rajive
So it's possible I could get 2 out of 3 marks?

No, unfortunately that mistake can only be justifiable from one perspective, in my opinion that will be too optimistic.
I know, you know that it was a silly mistake because if its add 45% you are supposed to do 145/100 not "1000", but don't be upset, the grade boundaries will be lower than the standard:smile::wink:
Reply 129
Original post by Rakstar
No, unfortunately that mistake can only be justifiable from one perspective, in my opinion that will be too optimistic.
I know, you know that it was a silly mistake because if its add 45% you are supposed to do 145/100 not "1000", but don't be upset, the grade boundaries will be lower than the standard:smile::wink:

Okay, and also the last question, how many marks out of 6 for working out one angle=40.0?

I am so glad I counted between 139-150 on both papers
Original post by Rajive
Okay, and also the last question, how many marks out of 6 for working out one angle=40.0?

I am so glad I counted between 139-150 on both papers

Wow, you did pretty well overall, that will definitely get you the grade A!

Now, for Question 6 I have also obtained that angle, that is the only question I have lost marks in the Calculator paper. Again me and you will get 2-3 marks for that question. I know what you did, you must of used the area of the triangle, 1/2ab x sin(c) and obtained 40 degrees using the information on the question provided.

Firstly the initiative of manipulating with the formula will get you 1 mark, another 1 mark will be given for getting 40 by rearranging the formula. the 3rd mark will be given for displaying the correct use of 40 degrees later on.
Reply 131
Original post by Rakstar
Wow, you did pretty well overall, that will definitely get you the grade A!

Now, for Question 6 I have also obtained that angle, that is the only question I have lost marks in the Calculator paper. Again me and you will get 2-3 marks for that question. I know what you did, you must of used the area of the triangle, 1/2ab x sin(c) and obtained 40 degrees using the information on the question provided.

Firstly the initiative of manipulating with the formula will get you 1 mark, another 1 mark will be given for getting 40 by rearranging the formula. the 3rd mark will be given for displaying the correct use of 40 degrees later on.

Okay fair enough, I don't know why I read as ABC instead of BAC
What mark do you guys think I will need for an A?
Original post by Rajive
Okay fair enough, I don't know why I read as ABC instead of BAC

It's fine it happens, you can't look back on that now, neither can I!

Regardless, well done for getting many marks so far, I have confidence you will get an A as they are only minor mistakes.
Good luck mate!!:h:
HAHAHHAHAAHAH he's wrong. He didn't read the question correctly
92 marks but the boundaries will be very high
Original post by k.m.b

92/200 or 92/100 on one paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k.m.b

Do you really think the boundaries will be quite high?

Considering that certain past papers was easy and their grade boundaries were quite low.
Original post by DamnDaniel2
92/200 or 92/100 on one paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of 100 on the calculator paper
Original post by Rakstar
Do you really think the boundaries will be quite high?

Considering that certain past papers was easy and their grade boundaries were quite low.

I am assuming they may be as a lot of people found it an easy paper and as for past paper boundaries- I can't make a statement because I haven't fully checked against paper by boundaries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending