The Student Room Group

are these good enough grades?

These are my own predicted grades and I'm not sure whether they're seen as good or poor grades , like will employers and universities accept them?
Media studies- A
Maths- B
English literature- C/B
English language-B
Religious studies-A/B
Business Btec: D (equivalent to A)
Computing Btec: D (equivalent to A)
history-C/B
Art-C
science- I know I haven't passed science because I did absolutely terrible in the exam!:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Absolutely shocking grades.
Original post by ATW1
Absolutely shocking grades.

What's that suppose to mean?
Reply 3
They are good grades mate, but it depends what you want to do tbh
Original post by Lalarw
They are good grades mate, but it depends what you want to do tbh

Thank you! And I want to get into the media industry or something linked with law :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Studenteb3027
These are my own predicted grades and I'm not sure whether they're seen as good or poor grades , like will employers and universities accept them?
Media studies- A
Maths- B
English literature- C/B
English language-B
Religious studies-A/B
Business Btec: D (equivalent to A)
Computing Btec: D (equivalent to A)
history-C/B
Art-C
science- I know I haven't passed science because I did absolutely terrible in the exam!:frown:

Predicted grades aren't particularly accurate... It depends very much on the university and what course you want to do. If you're thinking Oxford then yes, GCSEs are important. For things like medicine they want amazing grades, but for media they should be a lot more relaxed.

And no, those are perfectly good grades :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Thank you! And I want to get into the media industry or something linked with law :smile:

Look at the requirements you need to get into the course at College/University
That shall give you more input about your grades and haha don't be making too many predictions, still got a whole 2 months till your Gcse results day
Original post by NotMolly
Predicted grades aren't particularly accurate :':wink: And it depends a lot on the university and what course you're going for. Any ideas yet?

And no, those are perfectly acceptable grades :smile:

Well some of them I've already got like business art and computing, and I want to do a course to do with media/journalism. :smile:
Original post by Lalarw
Look at the requirements you need to get into the course at College/University
That shall give you more input about your grades and haha don't be making too many predictions, still got a whole 2 months till your Gcse results day

I know I shouldn't making to many but I already know 3 because there BTECS, And we done our exams for them a while ago and got our results not long ago. And I know I got about a C/B for maths because the answers where published online the next day. And thank you for your time to write this much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 9
Well some of them I've already got like business art and computing, and I want to do a course to do with media/journalism. :smile:

You'd definitely need to do more research on courses and unis, then. It's at least a year away until you have to start thinking about applying, you'll have plenty of time to make up your mind and go to open days etc. I had no idea what I wanted to do at the end of year 11 but open days and everything are so, so valuable when you're making your mind up.

Good luck with whatever you do, and I'm sure your GCSE grades will surprise you :-) (Hopefully in a nice way)
Reply 10
I know I shouldn't making to many but I already know 3 because there BTECS, And we done our exams for them a while ago and got our results not long ago. And I know I got about a C/B for maths because the answers where published online the next day. And thank you for your time to write this much appreciated! :smile:

It's alright man, i am making several predictions my self #hypocrite
Always contemplating whether I got this, I need to relax out more ffs
Reply 11
What's that suppose to mean?

Your grades are clearly good, so why do you feel the need to ask for the opinion of others which is completely irrelevant?
Reply 12
Original post by ATW1
Your grades are clearly good, so why do you feel the need to ask for the opinion of others which is completely irrelevant?

Chill out you Donald Trump lover, oh what a shame, he didn't win. Moreover, it's your assumption that it's good, he may have high expectations of himself therefore may not consider it to be good and he is unsure about his pathway so it's not irrelevant.
Original post by ATW1

Well I feel like it's necessary to relieve my stress considering I know a lot of people who are revising loads and will come out/predicted to come out with A*s in pretty much everything.
Original post by Lalarw
Chill out you Donald Trump lover, oh what a shame, he didn't win. Moreover, it's your assumption that it's good, he may have high expectations of himself therefore may not consider it to be good and he is unsure about his pathway so it's not irrelevant.
thank you!😂😌
Reply 15
thank you!😂😌

It's alright man, about to close my roza so I thought might as-well put this guy in his place
Reply 16
In my GCSEs I pretty much got similar grades to you, a few different subjects though. I'm at Cass business school now which is relatively decent but I did manage to get ABB in my A-levels, again not the best but a massive improvement. GCSEs don't really matter. The majority of uni's care mainly about A-levels unless you want to do medicine or go Oxbridge so I would just say do the best you can in your A-levels. And in terms of employment they don't even ask for GCSEs, they can see you've done a-levels or are currently at uni which is the main thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Lalarw
Chill out you Donald Trump lover, oh what a shame, he didn't win.
What didn't he win?
Reply 18
Original post by ATW1
What didn't he win?

Nope
Reply 19
Original post by Lalarw
Nope

What are you talking about?

Quick Reply

Latest