The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

English Offer - Grades

Hello!

I have a Liverpool Uni offer that I have placed as my insurance choice. Been less hopeful on my firm recently (and recently really wanted to go to Liverpool too). But I am quite a worrier too and worrying about grades!

I already have an A grade in English A Level - my offer is BB for my other subjects to get into Liverpool Uni. I feel like a CC may be on the cards (this is half empty thinking, mind).

Got a few questions....

How lenient are Liverpool? Will they consider the full application (Statement etc) again? Also how beneficial is having the A in English secure (the main requirement)? Would L'pool being an insurance choice affect my application? Also, in the hypothetical situation that they didn't feel me suited for the English course, do they look to offering other courses they could offer?

Any answers are much appreciated, thanks. It's just to help instil a bit of confidence, got some nerves! Been a long time coming, going to uni and don't want it ruined.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Stanson
Hello!

I have a Liverpool Uni offer that I have placed as my insurance choice. Been less hopeful on my firm recently (and recently really wanted to go to Liverpool too). But I am quite a worrier too and worrying about grades!

I already have an A grade in English A Level - my offer is BB for my other subjects to get into Liverpool Uni. I feel like a CC may be on the cards (this is half empty thinking, mind).

Got a few questions....

How lenient are Liverpool? Will they consider the full application (Statement etc) again? Also how beneficial is having the A in English secure (the main requirement)? Would L'pool being an insurance choice affect my application? Also, in the hypothetical situation that they didn't feel me suited for the English course, do they look to offering other courses they could offer?

Any answers are much appreciated, thanks. It's just to help instil a bit of confidence, got some nerves! Been a long time coming, going to uni and don't want it ruined.

The only thing I know is that if you miss your grades by just a little, they look at your PS again and make a decision based off of that. I'm not sure what it would be like if you missed your grades by a lot. I think it varies by department.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Stanson
Hello!

Got a few questions....

Hi there,

Try not to worry too much, you can only do your best! :smile:

If you were to miss your offer by a grade or so on results day, then your application would be referred to an admissions tutor from the academic department. They would then review your application as a whole- meaning they would take your personal statement, reference and any supporting information you have supplied into consideration before making a final decision.

Having an A in English would be beneficial for our English course as it is one of the main subject requirements. :smile: If you have any questions about the admissions process, you can send them to your admissions officer (you will have received their contact details via email when you were made the offer) and they will be more than happy to advise you on your position as a conditional insurance offer holder.

For a course such as English, it's not likely that the admissions team would offer you a different programme if you were to miss out on a place. But, if worst came to worst then you could think about applying for other courses through Clearing on results day.

I hope this information helps. :smile:

Best wishes

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending