The Student Room Group

I think Britain is going to remain in the EU.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maker
I am sure the Leavers can't tell the difference between being poor and being less rich, what a bunch intellectual giants.

The governments prediction is that "After Brexit we may experience a 0.1% fall in GDP"...

The idea we will fall into massive recession is laughable. The government itself shows its not true. This minute drop in GDP is calculated on the crazy idea that if we left we wouldn't have any trade deals whatsoever with anyone, not even our existing ones . So basically its utter bullcrap.

However the remainers are hell bent on over exaggerating this recession lie and scaremongering about some economic apocalypse as well as WW3 apparently.

The scaremongering from the stay campaign is mind blowing!
Original post by Jammy Duel
It can be as good as abolished without actually abolishing it, care to tell me what is really different about it being trivially low and being abolished?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you're right. £5 billion is a trivial amount. Not many NHS hospitals can be built with that...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Original post by Snake_God
The governments prediction is that "After Brexit we may experience a 0.1% fall in GDP"...

The idea we will fall into massive recession is laughable. The government itself shows its not true. This minute drop in GDP is calculated on the crazy idea that if we left we wouldn't have any trade deals whatsoever with anyone, not even our existing ones . So basically its utter bullcrap.

However the remainers are hell bent on over exaggerating this recession lie and scaremongering about some economic apocalypse as well as WW3 apparently.

The scaremongering from the stay campaign is mind blowing!

Leavers have made no predictions or models of the economy themselves after Brexit, I think they are on a wing and a prayer or muddle through like during WWII and hope America steps in to save the day.
Reply 383
Original post by jneill
Yes you're right. £5 billion is a trivial amount. Not many NHS hospitals can be built with that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you got lost. You see, we do not have a veto on reduction, only abolition, which means that 5bn could go down to 5 quid in theory

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maker
Leavers have made no predictions or models of the economy themselves after Brexit, I think they are on a wing and a prayer or muddle through like during WWII and hope America steps in to save the day.

Generally to make a forecast you need a basis to work off, given said basis is not known a forecast cannot be made. Care to forecast the weather in 6 months 12 miles south of Daytona for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you got lost. You see, we do not have a veto on reduction, only abolition, which means that 5bn could go down to 5 quid in theory

PANIC! FEAR! PANIC! FEAR! TURKEY! PANIC! FEAR!

Oh...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36085281
Reality Check verdict: He's right that the rebate is not a permanent feature of EU membership, but the UK has a veto over the process that would scrap or reduce it.
Original post by jneill
PANIC! FEAR! PANIC! FEAR! TURKEY! PANIC! FEAR!

Oh...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36085281
Reality Check verdict: He's right that the rebate is not a permanent feature of EU membership, but the UK has a veto over the process that would scrap or reduce it.

And what happens when these things do not carry? Oh yes, they stop until there is an agreement, not to mention that there is that little thing they're involved in called politics
Reply 388
Generally to make a forecast you need a basis to work off, given said basis is not known a forecast cannot be made. Care to forecast the weather in 6 months 12 miles south of Daytona for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So Brexiters are asking the British people to jump into an economic black hole?
Original post by Maker

And remaining isn't. Since you seem insistent leave tell you what Britain will look like if we leave I would like you to do the same for remain. As of yet nobody advocating remain has been able to even tell me what the eu are goingto try in the next year, let alone decade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maker

see, and you people deny that your side campaign on pure fear? what is this black hole you're talking about? were we in a black hole before we joined the EU? nope, and if we had any economic problems at that point it was because of our crappy labour government(s) and the fact that there were big tariffs in western europe at the time that the WTO wouldn't allow in 2016
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 391
No I think Britain will leave, there will be more older people voting out because they have lived for too long and they have seen all the bs.
Reply 392
And remaining isn't. Since you seem insistent leave tell you what Britain will look like if we leave I would like you to do the same for remain. As of yet nobody advocating remain has been able to even tell me what the eu are goingto try in the next year, let alone decade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leaving is a bigger risk since no one knows what the response will be from the big economies like the US or China.
Reply 393
Original post by sleepysnooze
see, and you people deny that your side campaign on pure fear? what is this black hole you're talking about? were we in a black hole before we joined the EU? nope, and if we had any economic problems at that point it was because of our crappy labour government(s) and the fact that there were big tariffs in western europe at the time that the WTO wouldn't allow in 2016

Fear is a good response to uncertainty, its benefited humans for millions of years. Thats the reason we don't jump off cliffs in the dark and hoping the water is deep enough and not crash onto rocks. Leavers have no idea how deep the water is or where the rocks are.

WTO is a human construct, I pretty sure the EU has the clout to change the rules if they were motivated enough and there is not a lot Britain outside the EU can do. Might is right.
Original post by Maker
I am sure the Leavers can't tell the difference between being poor and being less rich, what a bunch intellectual giants.

The figures normally quoted are of GDP. We are one of the richest countries on earth judged by that measure.

If we weren't so rich compared to most everyone else, why do the world and his wife want to migrate here? Are they coming for the weather?
Original post by generallee
The figures normally quoted are of GDP. We are one of the richest countries on earth judged by that measure.

If we weren't so rich compared to most everyone else, why do the world and his wife want to migrate here? Are they coming for the weather?

You say that as if migration is a bad thing...

And for net migration we are ranked 38th in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maker
Leaving is a bigger risk since no one knows what the response will be from the big economies like the US or China.

So you mean you can't tell us what remaining looks like? Clearly it's a massive jump in the dark and you have no clear vision :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abirella
I think Britain will stay in the EU.

Of course women will vote to stay in the EU, because although they won't admit it they all fantasise about being ravaged by the big, unruly "refugee" brutes from Syria et all
why do some of you want to leave?
Original post by tanyapotter
What don't you like about foreign languages?
And probably Doubt or Holding onto You

Makes it harder to understand them and you don't know what they are talking about, they could be commenting on you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending