Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Who reckons we can get a paper like June 2012 for C4:colondollar:
Original post by particlestudent

Doubt it :biggrin:
Original post by particlestudent

Jan 2011 was better. The only paper I've got full marks on so far.
Original post by NotNotBatman

Jan 2011 was probably the easiest c4 paper I've seen to date- figures too, the grade boundaries for that year were crazy high!
Original post by NotNotBatman

I'll try that today, then I'm moving onto Solomon papers for C4 next week.
Is there anyone else doing the IYGB/Madasmaths papers? I find them to be better practice than the solomon papers
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dohaeris
Is there anyone else doing the IYGB/Madasmaths papers? I find them better practice than the solomon papers

are they board specific?

I know maths is maths and there likely isnt much difference but if I do edexcel is there anything on them that I wont have learnt, and are they much harder than say gold papers by edexcel?

Thanks
Original post by philo-jitsu
are they board specific?

I know maths is maths and there likely isnt much difference but if I do edexcel is there anything on them that I wont have learnt, and are they much harder than say gold papers by edexcel?

Thanks

Sorry just seen they are board specific, you think I'd be better served just doing these until the exam, I have already done all the gold papers and 3 of the silver edexcel papers?
Sorry just seen they are board specific, you think I'd be better served just doing these until the exam, I have already done all the gold papers and 3 of the silver edexcel papers?

To be honest, if you manage to do the official past papers without any problems, then you're probably good to go for the actual exam.

But if you've run out of papers, or if you're struggling a bit, then I'd go for IYGB. Some of them are really hard, but most are only slightly more difficult than the normal past papers, so they should be good practice.
(edited 7 years ago)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465737024.517535.jpg
For question a are you meant to use the method of multiplying out the brackets then using long division to get the remainder over the denominator

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
For question a are you meant to use the method of multiplying out the brackets then using long division to get the remainder over the denominator

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did it by comparing coefficients, i got a as 1 b as 2 c as -3

Posted from TSR Mobile

If A=1 B=2 and C=-3 then yes

damn that question covers everything doesnt it, integrate, partial fractions and binomial...oh its a soloman...i panicked for a second

damn that question covers everything doesnt it, integrate, partial fractions and binomial...oh its a soloman...i panicked for a second

Did you manage to do it by long division I literally can't do it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by metrize
I did it by comparing coefficients, i got a as 1 b as 2 c as -3

Ah haven't really learnt that method probably should

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah haven't really learnt that method probably should

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its pretty simple you start with

X(3x-7)/(1-x)(1-3x)=a+ b/1-x + c/1-3x

Multiply by denominator to get

X(3x-7)=a(1-x)(1-3x)+b(1-3x)+c(1-x)

Sub x=1, x=1/3 and then get b and c, then you can sub 0 to both sides and solve for a
Did you manage to do it by long division I literally can't do it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah when you multiply out and divide you get 1 and then -3x-1 as a remainder, then just do partial fractions from there...just double check everything its probably a minor error

Can you explain how you did this one? I'm usually good with partial fractions but I don't understand how this one is meant to be done :s!
Original post by metrize

Sub x=1, x=1/3 and then get b and c, then you can sub 0 to both sides and solve for a

Oh crap okay yeah that's easy xD
Original post by metrize

Ahhhh okay for some reason I thought you couldn't do that as the numerator and denominator had equal powers of x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending