The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2016 grade boundary predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jelly432
But if everyone found it easy wouldn't they increase the grade boundaries.

They wouldn't, I mean more than 50 thousands students signed the petition saying that the exams are hard and should lower the boundaries
Original post by lukey0071
They wouldn't, I mean more than 50 thousands students signed the petition saying that the exams are hard and should lower the boundaries

i never knew about this, so 50,000 student signed a petition in our yr so our grade boundaries go low.
i never knew about this, so 50,000 student signed a petition in our yr so our grade boundaries go low.

I will send you a link

But petitions literally don't do anything. It's a waste of time. There have been so many petitions in previous years and nothing has ever happened. The only exception I can make was last year with Hannah's sweets but it got onto the news and was literally everywhere.
I'm on the boundary of an A/A* due to poor time management and I am freaking out! I got 167 if I strictly marked both the papers. So hopefully it's 165 for an A* which might not be likely so not sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, 40 thousands students
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lower-the-grade-boundaries-for-edexcel-paper-1h
Original post by DamnDaniel2
But petitions literally don't do anything. It's a waste of time. There have been so many petitions in previous years and nothing has ever happened. The only exception I can make was last year with Hannah's sweets but it got onto the news and was literally everywhere.
I'm on the boundary of an A/A* due to poor time management and I am freaking out! I got 167 if I strictly marked both the papers. So hopefully it's 165 for an A* which might not be likely so not sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you will get an A* just hope the grade boundaries stay the same or decrease.
Original post by DamnDaniel2

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, but I am amazed how easy the questions were in the 2015 exam and the grade boundaries are so low, I mean for A = 125 marks!!!
I think you will get an A* just hope the grade boundaries stay the same or decrease.

Let's pray!!
In comparison with papers from the previous years,

165-167 for an A*.

Though many people said they found the non-calculator paper hard, the calculator one was relatively easy. I lost quite a few marks due to silly mistakes (the worst was probably 50/5 = 5) so I predict I got 163/164 with the two papers combined.

It's so frustrating when you do so well in mocks but mess up the real one! :frown:

thank you.Lets hope they consider the petition.
thank you.Lets hope they consider the petition.

I looked on an article and it said "others students signed the petition and the Edexcel lower the grade boundaries to treat them fairly."
This happens last year.
Original post by tianshan
In comparison with papers from the previous years,

165-167 for an A*.

Though many people said they found the non-calculator paper hard, the calculator one was relatively easy. I lost quite a few marks due to silly mistakes (the worst was probably 50/5 = 5) so I predict I got 163/164 with the two papers combined.

It's so frustrating when you do so well in mocks but mess up the real one! :frown:

I didn't go well in the mock exams but in the real ones, I did goo well but can I get A*?????
I got around 162 to 167 marks
I didn't go well in the mock exams but in the real ones, I did goo well but can I get A*?????
I got around 162 to 167 marks

Possibly. I mean, 163 or below spells an end to A*.
What do u mean by low, lower than last years
Original post by kareem213
What do u mean by low, lower than last years

I am not saying that it's should be lower but we predict that it's should stay the same or little bit higher like 3 marks.
The questions are little tricky, I mean they are more tricky questions than last year cos so many cos, sine and area= sine in one question, that's a lot harder than Hannah sweets to be honest.
I thought it's going to have cumulative frequency in it but it didn't, instead of that, they used histogram, A* grade question.
I think it should stay the same or goes up by 3 marks or 4 marks
Original post by tianshan
Possibly. I mean, 163 or below spells an end to A*.

I really hoping to get A* so no one can call me retard
I really hoping to get A* so no one can call me retard

Who would call you a retard if you achieved an A in maths?
Reply 297
I think I got 134 Max is this enough for an A? I need to know!! lol
Reply 298
Got anywhere from 162 to like 170 (markin harsh and lenient ini)

bricking it af
Original post by mayboom
I think I got 134 Max is this enough for an A? I need to know!! lol

yh that should be an A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending