The Student Room Group

What's with all the comments about Lyanna Mormont?

Scroll to see replies

i don't even understand what people are talking about :colondollar:
Reply 61
I can't actually fathom why you all hate her so much :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ivybridge
I really fail to get why so many of you guys hate her. She's amazing :frown:

Nah.

It is when people suddenly assume that means she can't lead.

Tell me, what kind of a leader takes a bunch of savages to conquer westeros? How is that good leadership? They're going to rape the women, kill the men, and thus, she establishes herself as the true daughter of the mad king.

No good leader would subject her people to such torture by the dothraki. She's crazy.

There's a term for her kind of leadership in business studies. It's called autocratic. There's also a term for her in english. It's called megalomaniac. Even as a female character, I'd take an Arya over a daenerys any day.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by fandom-queen
Tell me, what kind of a leader takes a bunch of savages to conquer westeros? How is that good leadership? They're going to rape the women, kill the men, and thus, she establishes herself as the true daughter of the mad king.

No good leader would subject her people to such torture by the dothraki. She's crazy.

There's a term for her kind of leadership in business studies. It's called autocratic. There's also a term for her in english. It's called megalomaniac. Even as a female character, I'd take an Arya over a daenerys any day.

Spoiler

Because you haven't read into this too much at all...
Because you haven't read into this too much at all...

THAT'S you answer? Woooooooowwwww. Admit it, you just like her because she's young and pretty and all that jazz. -_-

I've read the books and watched the show, and I don't like daenerys in BOTH. In the books, I will admit I like her a lot more in the books, but show daenerys is just incorrigible............

If you have read into this, why don't you tell me why that's a good idea? I understand they're all she has, but, instead of being an impatient baby, shouldn't she wait until she builds an army of proper soldiers, instead of blood thirsty savages?

A proper leader would wait until the time is right. She seems too eager to conquer westeros. And she has plenty of time, she's quite young, so it's not as if she's going to die soon of old age.

I initially did find her character admirable, but, now, I find her frustrating.

Also, at least Lyanna Mormont is showing independent thinking and trying her best to protect her people, despite being TEN. Dany does not have the excuse of "I'm young, I need to learn" anymore. She's had plenty of time.

Face it, a leader needs foresight, and so far, Dany does not have any. All she has are three dragons, and Tyrion. And Varys. That's it. Her biggest achievement is getting people to fight (and die) for her. When has she ever put any effort into learning any swordsmanship, if she's to lead an army? Instead of taking perfumed baths, she should have learnt how to fight for herself from Jorah, instead of relying on her dragons, most of the time.

Sansa, Cersei, they don't lead an army, they aren't pretending to be warrior princesses, so it's fine for them. But, Dany can't hold a sword. Arya is and Ygritte was, 10 times better.

And, it also annoys me that people make such a big deal of her. What about characters like Yara (/Asha), Ser Davos. Good, solid characters. Yara Greyjoy, again, ten times a woman than Dany will ever be.

But sure, go fawn over daenerys every time she comes out of the fire, naked. -_-
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 65

THAT'S you answer? Woooooooowwwww. Admit it, you just like her because she's young and pretty and all that jazz. -_-

I've read the books and watched the show, and I don't like daenerys in BOTH. In the books, I will admit I like her a lot more in the books, but show daenerys is just incorrigible............

If you have read into this, why don't you tell me why that's a good idea? I understand they're all she has, but, instead of being an impatient baby, shouldn't she wait until she builds an army of proper soldiers, instead of blood thirsty savages?

A proper leader would wait until the time is right. She seems too eager to conquer westeros. And she has plenty of time, she's quite young, so it's not as if she's going to die soon of old age.

I initially did find her character admirable, but, now, I find her frustrating.

Also, at least Lyanna Mormont is showing independent thinking and trying her best to protect her people, despite being TEN. Dany does not have the excuse of "I'm young, I need to learn" anymore. She's had plenty of time.

Face it, a leader needs foresight, and so far, Dany does not have any. All she has are three dragons, and Tyrion. And Varys. That's it. Her biggest achievement is getting people to fight (and die) for her. When has she ever put any effort into learning any swordsmanship, if she's to lead an army? Instead of taking perfumed baths, she should have learnt how to fight for herself from Jorah, instead of relying on her dragons, most of the time.

Sansa, Cersei, they don't lead an army, they aren't pretending to be warrior princesses, so it's fine for them. But, Dany can't hold a sword. Arya is and Ygritte was, 10 times better.

And, it also annoys me that people make such a big deal of her. What about characters like Yara (/Asha), Ser Davos. Good, solid characters. Yara Greyjoy, again, ten times a woman than Dany will ever be.

But sure, go fawn over daenerys every time she comes out of the fire, naked. -_-

I'm gay... no?
I'm gay... no?

heh-heh soweeeee.............. *FACEPALM*

BUT EVERYTHING ELSE I SAY IS TRUE!! Ignore that part, the rest of it is valid.

And why do you like her so much, seriously??

Spoiler

Original post by Zargabaath
Hahahaha true, they were right nobs to the first men :lol:

I didn't notice the head injury actually, might have to rewatch that scene for little details like that :yep:

Spoiler

Original post by Vikingninja

Spoiler

That's an interesting scar as well. Looks fresh and it's an odd shape too.
Not too sure what to think of it tbh.
Reply 69

heh-heh soweeeee.............. *FACEPALM*

BUT EVERYTHING ELSE I SAY IS TRUE!! Ignore that part, the rest of it is valid.

And why do you like her so much, seriously??

Spoiler

I just connect with her I suppose, more than the rest. I think she's loving, strong, independent, and cares about the people she is to rule. I understand that some of her actions have been a bit off but I don't think people respect her circumstances in the story. They compare her to characters who have advisors, a pre-made system according to which they can run things, experience, education on affairs, etc. She didn't have any of that. She is and has started out from dust. And the Sons of Harpy only hated her because she removed the slaves. I also hate how people say she can't rule just because she experiences one major problem... that's not fair, at all. She makes a comeback, her officials still maintain control, and she perhaps just made some poor judgements.

Eitherway, this thread was about how Lyanna is even remotely a match for Daenerys, which she clearly isn't. Not about who likes who and why.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending