The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by evekay
would you take a picture and post it on here? would be SO helpful:redface:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465733606.792416.jpg

I can take photos of certain bits if you can't read it 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Georginarosee
Celebrity worship is A01 for intense fandom. Research into intense fandom would be a study to support. AO2. For me its Maltby study.

So you would include the celebrity attraction scale by Maltby and evaluate that, then talk about stalking etc?

What do you include for intense fandom? is that about stalking?
Original post by Elle_w
Chi squared = nominal data and independent groups.
Spear mans rho = at least ordinal data and relationships
Mann Whitney = at least ordinal, differences, independent groups
Wilcoxon = at least ordinal, differences, repeated measures.

I managed to condense RM's to an A3 page , so there's not actually that much, you'll probably remember it all in the exam 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! My teacher said RM was the longest bit :redface:
Original post by Elle_w

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're a gem thank you SO much!

also your hand writing is goals😅
Original post by Elle_w

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amazing. Thankyou! You'll do well for sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering for questions like discuss biological therapies of schizophrenia do the 2 drug types of drug therapy count as 1 therapy or 2?

Would I be required to discuss other therapies like ECT as well?

I ask because my essay on drug typical and atypical drugs is very long as it is.

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Elle_w

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get at AS if you don't mid me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cakey_101
So you would include the celebrity attraction scale by Maltby and evaluate that, then talk about stalking etc?

What do you include for intense fandom? is that about stalking?

From the mark scheme from June 2015
Outline the findings of one or more studies of intense fandom.

AO1 = 4 marks In the Specification ‘intense fandom’ includes celebrity worship and celebrity stalking. There are a variety of studies from these areas,
eg: Maltby et al (2001) links between celebrity worship and psychological wellbeing. Maltby used CAS (celebrity attitude scale) and GHQ (general health questionnaire) and found that scores on the intense personal and borderline pathological sub-scales correlated positively with anxiety and depression scores. Maltby (2004) found in a sample of 372 people aged 18 47 less than 2% were considered to be borderline pathological on the CAS. James (2008) found over two thirds of stalkers who attempted to attack British royals were mentally ill, 48% showing psychotic behaviour. McCutcheon (2006) found that college students who reported insecure attachments as children were more likely to condone celebrity stalking. Mullen et al (1999) found different motives in five types of stalkers

This help?

AO1 = 4 marks In the Specification ‘intense fandom’ includes celebrity worship and celebrity stalking. There are a variety of studies from these areas,
eg: Maltby et al (2001) links between celebrity worship and psychological wellbeing. Maltby used CAS (celebrity attitude scale) and GHQ (general health questionnaire) and found that scores on the intense personal and borderline pathological sub-scales correlated positively with anxiety and depression scores. Maltby (2004) found in a sample of 372 people aged 18 47 less than 2% were considered to be borderline pathological on the CAS. James (2008) found over two thirds of stalkers who attempted to attack British royals were mentally ill, 48% showing psychotic behaviour. McCutcheon (2006) found that college students who reported insecure attachments as children were more likely to condone celebrity stalking. Mullen et al (1999) found different motives in five types of stalkers

This help?

Yes thank you, so intense fandom basically links to borderline pathological attraction and stalking?
Original post by tiegan_hill
Unit 3: gender, relationships and aggression
Unit 4: schizophrenia, media psychology and research methods

anyone else doing these topics?

I'm doing the same unit 4 topics! And for unit 3 I did the same, except instead of gender I did eating behaviour..

How are you finding revising for unit 4 compared to unit 3? :smile:
Original post by Cakey_101
Yes thank you, so intense fandom basically links to borderline pathological attraction and stalking?

Yes if it links to intense fandom.
Hey, guys!

I've just completed some revision slides on schizophrenia and media in case anyone needed some short comprehensive notes. It includes notes, studies and evaluation to aid your revision all clearly broken down by the specification. Any questions, let me know!
anyone fancy marking my psycho explanations, of schizophrenia essay
Reply 4853

This help?

I'm so confused lmao- for intense fandom is the levels of fandom the same as AAM? (Entertainment-social, intense personal, borderline pathological?)
Reply 4854
Does anyone have an essay plan for diagnosis and classification for schizophrenia. I really hate this topic
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Yeah bio unit 4
Wbu?

Yeah and chem with psya4 lol havent even touched bio. Edexcel?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
I do.... Im worried about that exam made notes from the ocr book and have completed it just going to do past papers now for it.

I have only done one unit for f215 biology..... Have you started f215 yet?

I do edexcel bio but same lmao you think a day and a half is enough. Half a day to do all the content memorise and a day of just smashing past papers. I have to sit that in isolation as well
I've only included Rosenhan and Scheff and one more as studies for issues with class and diagnosis. Should be enough, right?
Original post by yung7up
I've only included Rosenhan and Scheff and one more as studies for issues with class and diagnosis. Should be enough, right?

Yeah it should be man you rock
Original post by yung7up
Yeah it should be man you rock

Thanks man your not too shabby yourself

Latest

Trending

Trending