The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by music2402
What do people think is the hardest paper out of F334? After the 2015 one obviously haha

ive just done the 2015 f334
I got 62 which is a solid B
3 marks off an A
Got all the equations wrong and most of the vanadium stuff 😑 Plus I forgot what combinatorial chemistry was 😂🙄
Original post by Marli-Ruth
ive just done the 2015 f334
I got 62 which is a solid B
3 marks off an A
Got all the equations wrong and most of the vanadium stuff 😑 Plus I forgot what combinatorial chemistry was 😂🙄

ooh well done. :smile: Yeah i got 5c completely wrong, but i blame the fact that i dont do biology for it
ooh well done. :smile: Yeah i got 5c completely wrong, but i blame the fact that i dont do biology for it

If they can put something like 5c in it
Makes me wonder what else they could do :frown:
I'm really nervous for this paper :frown:
What other subjects do you do? X
Reply 43
how did everyone find paper2?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
If they can put something like 5c in it
Makes me wonder what else they could do :frown:
I'm really nervous for this paper :frown:
What other subjects do you do? X

I know :frown: I take Maths and Geography. How about you? Surprisingly Chemistry is easier than Geography though haha.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Can someone help me find out the relative number of protons for each of the proton environments?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Could someone explain buffers solutions to me place in terms of equilibrium?
Lol I got an A last year and now I have no idea how to do f334 and f335. I think I am going to get a U in both of them
Original post by Mb145
Take my email and ill send my whatsapp number
If anyone wants to join please email me but first private message me

Hey can i join too??
Original post by kosvengali
Posted from TSR Mobile
Could someone explain buffers solutions to me place in terms of equilibrium?

Buffer solutions resist change in pH when a small amount of acid or alkali is added. This is because the buffer solution forms an equilibrium reaction.

Buffer solutions are a solution of weak acid or alkali and its constituent salt.

When acid is added, equilibrium position shifts to reduce the H+ concentration so to stop the pH decreasing (because more H+ means a smaller pH).

When alkali is added, the system tries to counteract the change by increasing the concentration of H+ so to stop the pH increasing.

I hope this isn't too jumbled :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Tajwar786
Hey can i join too??

add me too please!
Reply 51
I am terrified for these exams :frown: I feel like I know the stuff and have revised but when I do past papers I am still getting D/C. Anyone got any tips for exam technique as that's what I think is letting me down
Original post by ezaraf
ah thanks that'd be great, i knew abiut the question banks but didnt realise it was useful till now so tanks. is there any way you could send it to me?

btw for f334 its normally around 70 /90 for an A

The highest it's ever been is 71.

The average for an A is about 66 ish.
So what do you guys do?

I use the CGP book and the think greenish OCR revision guide...

I have also done all the past papers...

It's a hard exam.
F334 is a much harder exam than F335 imo. There is gonna be some tough slap in the face questions this year, I can feel it.
Reply 55
Wow....I just watched videos... and I printed out all the questions for WM , SS , TR MR and so I plan do them 2 or 3 times hopefully it will stick in... I hope they don't make it hard like the 2014 one
Got a feeling this is going to be a really hard exam 😭😪🔫

Not confident at all
I know :frown: I take Maths and Geography. How about you? Surprisingly Chemistry is easier than Geography though haha.

Bio and psychology :frown:
So difficult rn
Reply 58
Anyone have the markscheme for 2015 f335??
Does any one do the legacy papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending