The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Grand High Witch
Which, though vile, did not encourage mass murder or the killing of gays. In this case initial reports suggest that this terrorist had jihadi links, i.e. to a group sharing ideological beliefs promoting terrorism and the killing of gays.

i think the point of your thread was gays have become a target in their own country in the west - my point was this is not a recent occurance, , whether it be far right nail bombs in soho, or serial killers ( colin ireland, steven port). islamic terrorists is jsut another occurance - who target a lot more ppl than just gay
Guardian suggesting he emigrated from Afghanistan now and was "trained in the use of weapons".

If so then you have to question how the heck a jounalist could discover that hours after the attack, but the American security agencies weren't able to do so in all the time since he emigrated.
Original post by Chakede
i think the point of your thread was gays have become a target in their own country in the west - my point was this is not a recent occurance, , whether it be far right nail bombs in soho, or serial killers ( colin ireland, steven port). islamic terrorists is jsut another occurance - who target a lot more ppl than just gay

You're right, but I feel that the major problem in Europe with Islamic extremism/returners from Syria and the fact that Islamic extremists and ISIS want to kill gay people as a priority means this is more of a danger at the moment than the odd mentally ill Copeland.
Original post by Hydeman
SwiftKey, though it's not the best and has some annoying features that take getting used to.

So you are using SwiftKey :curious:
Original post by loveleest
I think there is really something wrong with her lmao.

So many people said this to me so i guess its true! I am insane :redface:
As a muslim i will say that our community needs to address the homophobia that plagues our mindset. Its the islamic extremists that are crazy enough to carry out these mad acts but its our moderate conservative majority that actually believe its okay to kill someone because theyre gay. There will be many families breaking their fasts together today and at the same time talking about just how these people deserved to be killed because theyre gay. Our communities have to change. This cant go on.
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Actually I think in the Qur'an it says 'kill the one that's doing it and kill the one that's being done to' or something like that

This isn't found in the Quran, but rather the Hadith. However, this Hadith is of questionable authenticity, which I have wrote about in another post if you wish to read:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4052083&page=8&highlight=ikrima&p=64506911#post64506911
Original post by fatima1998
So you are using SwiftKey :curious:

Yes.
Original post by Hydeman
Yes.

Ok :ta:
:huff:
Original post by fatima1998
Ok :ta:
:huff:

What's with the :huff:?
- you linked abc news, everyone knows they twist things
- the do you have evidence that the guy was a muslim
- even muslims are being targeted in their own country you know?
- the gorilla that got shot in the zoo when the kid went into its area apparently was a part of islamic state
Original post by Hydeman
What's with the :huff:?

Because i am huff with you :s-smilie: you didn't read my sweet message :bawling:
Original post by sfaraj
- you linked abc news, everyone knows they twist things

I am sure you have the same conspiracy theories about every media source.

- the do you have evidence that the guy was a muslim

It is being widely reported.

- even muslims are being targeted in their own country you know?

Whataboutery. If you want to make a thread about that then go right ahead. This is about gay people being targeted.

- the gorilla that got shot in the zoo when the kid went into its area apparently was a part of islamic state

What are you on about?
Reply 92
You need to find a solution rather than just kill them... As A Muslim this is what needs to be done.
Original post by Saoirse:3
Well, if you're referring to ISIS it's unlikely they had anything to do with this - the suspect is a US citizen born to Afghan parents, not the profile of an ISIS member at all. LGBT people however are at an additional risk of violence from not only Islamic but also Christian and other homophobic extremeists which needs to be recognised as part of anti-terror strategies.

It does sound like the profile of an ISIS member to me. Being a US citizen means nothing, look how many British citizens have gone to fight in Syria for example. Just because you're born in a country doesn't mean you can't be an ISIS supporter.

I agree it needs to be factored in, along with other vulnerable communities such as jews but all public venues need better security because if we put an iron fence around gay venues to prevent future attacks the terrorists will just move on to the next soft target. Anywhere there's a crowd needs maximum security these days. The starting point would be to prevent guns from getting through the doors of places where crowds gather.
Original post by OGGUS
You need to find a solution rather than just kill them... As A Muslim this is what needs to be done.

Totally unsurprising to see a comment like this. 50 gay people killed and you say we need to find a "solution" for them. This is the sort of homophobic mentality that contributed to this attack no doubt.
Reply 95
Totally unsurprising to see a comment like this. 50 gay people killed and you say we need to find a "solution" for them. This is the sort of homophobic mentality that contributed to this attack no doubt.

No don't kill them.Just tell them what's right and wrong. Guide them basically.
I am sure you have the same conspiracy theories about every media source.

no if it was the bbc or something, i would probably believe it more

It is being widely reported.

i dont care, do you have hard evidence that tells you the guy is muslim?

Whataboutery. If you want to make a thread about that then go right ahead. This is about gay people being targeted.

im not planning on making a thread but gay straight and lgbt muslims exist, but you know all muslims have the same logic so no muslim is ever gay

What are you on about?

surely you saw the video of the kid who fell into the gorilla zoo enclosure! well just to prove how not all media sources a reliable, a news article wrote that the gorilla had ties with islamic state, believable am i right?
Original post by OGGUS

Except being gay isn't 'wrong'.
Original post by OGGUS

As in make sure the terrorists realise that killing dozens of people because you don't like the same people they do is wrong, right?
An act of radical Islamic terrorism against America.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending