The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by evekay
also can someone explain the theory of planned behaviour to me? (those doing addiction), really can't get my head around it:frown:

Yes

The theory of planned behaviour, is a product of our own views leading up to the carrying out of a behaviour. The first element is behavioural attitude, this is a product of our personal views towards the behaviour in question, as long as the consequences that come along with actually performing the behaviour, e.g. I will get my life back, it also looks at the positives/negatives of these consequences.
The second element is subjective norms, this is reguarding too the social norms surrounding the behaviour in question and what other people in society are doing, but it is also a product of what we think significant others would think the right thing is to do (e.g. friends and family), also we look look at what other people are actually doing.
The third element is percieved behavioural control, this is related to either the behaviour itself of the intention to act in a certain way. Generally the more control a person has over the behaviour in question the more likely they are to actually carry out the behaviour and the stronger their intention to perform it will be. Furthermore an individual with high percieved behavioural control is likely to try harder and persevere longer to not perform the behaviour rather than someone with low PCB. Therefore they have higher self efficacy.
Reply 4881
Original post by evekay
is the learning approach the same as cognitive explanations?:s

You can use the learning approach for psychological explanations.
Original post by evekay
also can someone explain the theory of planned behaviour to me? (those doing addiction), really can't get my head around it:frown:

it is a model of prevention aimed to change the way people think about a behaviour and is split in to three sections:

-behavioural attitude- this encompasses the way the person thinks about the behaviour and the consequences that will follow. to change this drug campaigns could focus on the idea that marijuana leads to people being unable to achieve aspirations for example, thus changing the behavioural attitude.
-subjective norms- this is a combination of both social norms and the way significant others view the behaviour. most people who smoke are surrounded by others who smoke so perceive it to be the norm, however campaigns should focus on specific statistics to show it isnt normal to smoke and they are in the minority
-perceived behavioural control/ self efficacy- this is the belief the person has about their ability to change the behaviour ie if it is high they are less likely to relapse

hope this helps!
does anybody have model answers for the biological and psychological therapies for schizophrenia pleaaaaaaase???
PEOPLE OF TSR SAVE ME
I hate to be that person who mindlessly asks for essays but my teacher has truly messed me over (ie saying that the whole exam is 3-4 markers? how is this man still employed?) So does anyone have any essays they could show me? I'd be eternally grateful as I am currently mid breakdown. How similar to unit 3 essays are they (different teacher taught me that so I actually knew what I was doing)
Im doing depression and addiction.
I know everyone is crazy busy with their own revision but 5 mins could save a life lol. Thank you!!
Original post by ellawhite4686
it is a model of prevention aimed to change the way people think about a behaviour and is split in to three sections:

-behavioural attitude- this encompasses the way the person thinks about the behaviour and the consequences that will follow. to change this drug campaigns could focus on the idea that marijuana leads to people being unable to achieve aspirations for example, thus changing the behavioural attitude.
-subjective norms- this is a combination of both social norms and the way significant others view the behaviour. most people who smoke are surrounded by others who smoke so perceive it to be the norm, however campaigns should focus on specific statistics to show it isnt normal to smoke and they are in the minority
-perceived behavioural control/ self efficacy- this is the belief the person has about their ability to change the behaviour ie if it is high they are less likely to relapse

hope this helps!

Original post by NHM
You can use the learning approach for psychological explanations.

Original post by SunDun111
Yes

The theory of planned behaviour, is a product of our own views leading up to the carrying out of a behaviour. The first element is behavioural attitude, this is a product of our personal views towards the behaviour in question, as long as the consequences that come along with actually performing the behaviour, e.g. I will get my life back, it also looks at the positives/negatives of these consequences.
The second element is subjective norms, this is reguarding too the social norms surrounding the behaviour in question and what other people in society are doing, but it is also a product of what we think significant others would think the right thing is to do (e.g. friends and family), also we look look at what other people are actually doing.
The third element is percieved behavioural control, this is related to either the behaviour itself of the intention to act in a certain way. Generally the more control a person has over the behaviour in question the more likely they are to actually carry out the behaviour and the stronger their intention to perform it will be. Furthermore an individual with high percieved behavioural control is likely to try harder and persevere longer to not perform the behaviour rather than someone with low PCB. Therefore they have higher self efficacy.

Original post by dpka1
the learning approach is the behaviourist explanation,

thank you all so so much! so grateful to be a part of this forum, like you've all helped so much in numerous ways and as a distance learning student it's so nice to know there are others in the same boat as me!

but yeah enough with the cheesiness, i hope you all do really well in this exam as you all deserve it!:smile:
Original post by emilythomas3
Does anyone know the maximum amount of marks they can ask in a question for addiction? Normally the max is 10, but I'm scared I won't learn enough if there is a higher mark question than 10. Thanks x

Original post by evekay
im pretty sure that is the highest!:smile:

Yep this is the highest because you only get 3 questions? And one is always a 10 for a scenario the other a normal 10 and then a 4 marker
Cognitive explanations of schizophrenia is borderline a bloody biological explanation - Frith needs to make his mind up, none of that pick and mix
Original post by NHM
Just to clarify media you get 3/4 questions. The questions are no bigger than 10 marks in size.
I believe you could get as high as 12 marks. Although, this is the usual format they have... 4 marks (A01), 10 marks (application question) and 10 marks (A01 + A02).
Original post by issie1234
PEOPLE OF TSR SAVE ME
I hate to be that person who mindlessly asks for essays but my teacher has truly messed me over (ie saying that the whole exam is 3-4 markers? how is this man still employed?) So does anyone have any essays they could show me? I'd be eternally grateful as I am currently mid breakdown. How similar to unit 3 essays are they (different teacher taught me that so I actually knew what I was doing)
Im doing depression and addiction.
I know everyone is crazy busy with their own revision but 5 mins could save a life lol. Thank you!!

I'm not doing those topics, sorry :frown: but part A, aka the depression one, is very similar in structure to unit 3, so you can do those in the same way.

Also you can get 4 markers in the addiction bit (usually one), and there are likely to be quite a few small markers in the research methods bit (range from 2-12 usually i think?)
Did Saj get his PSYA3 predictions right? I didn't sit it so I'm unsure if he did or not
To the people doing media, has a question based on the attraction of celebrity come up before?

Like I just looked through the ones on the AQA website and they all seem to be on intense fandom, so I'm not sure what I actually need to know for attraction of celebrity (as in what kinds of points/evaluation I would need?)
Original post by yung7up
Thanks man your not too shabby yourself
lol
Original post by Danny786
Did Saj get his PSYA3 predictions right? I didn't sit it so I'm unsure if he did or not

He got some right (mine were) but apparently there were quite a few that he didn't (apparently those doing gender got screwed over i think?)
Original post by wickedisgood
To the people doing media, has a question based on the attraction of celebrity come up before?

Like I just looked through the ones on the AQA website and they all seem to be on intense fandom, so I'm not sure what I actually need to know for attraction of celebrity (as in what kinds of points/evaluation I would need?)
Don't think it has ever come up!! Would be very silly to not revise it :P
He got some right (mine were) but apparently there were quite a few that he didn't (apparently those doing gender got screwed over i think?)

Which ones of yours did he get right? I'm doing Media + Schiz and dunno wheter to trust his predictions as I cba revising them all
I'm not doing those topics, sorry :frown: but part A, aka the depression one, is very similar in structure to unit 3, so you can do those in the same way.

Also you can get 4 markers in the addiction bit (usually one), and there are likely to be quite a few small markers in the research methods bit (range from 2-12 usually i think?)

Thank you!! So the second part (addiction bit) is application right? Is it true it tends to be like 3 smaller mark questions?
Original post by RedRosesBloom
Don't think it has ever come up!! Would be very silly to not revise it :P

Oh I'm not saying I'm not going to revise it (I'm doing it now!) I just don't really know how I would apply it to answers, which is why it's hard for me to wrap my head around it :frown: It's hard for me to learn these kinds of things when not directly linking them to questions!
So nobody has essays on the biological and psychological therapies of schizophrenia that could get me into uni???????
Original post by issie1234
Thank you!! So the second part (addiction bit) is application right? Is it true it tends to be like 3 smaller mark questions?

yeah, I'm doing media and they have all been 3 questions, one is usually 4 marks, one 4+6, and another 10. I'm sure it's almost exactly the same for addiction. They're not all application but at least one will be (the 10 marker)

Latest

Trending

Trending