The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ronnydandam
nah It didnt - I did but I don't think you need to

Good, i didn't think it did. Must be overthinking it :u:. Also do you know if you would have had to put the name of the isomer as z-pent-2-ene? I just wrote pent-2-ene.
Original post by alfmeister
Good, i didn't think it did. Must be overthinking it :u:. Also do you know if you would have had to put the name of the isomer as z-pent-2-ene? I just wrote pent-2-ene.

nah man it said 'draw the Z isomer' so I doubt you had to, don't worry about it
nah man it said 'draw the Z isomer' so I doubt you had to, don't worry about it

Thanks, didn't make as many silly mistakes as I thought I did. I appreciate it. How did it go for you?
Thanks, didn't make as many silly mistakes as I thought I did. I appreciate it. How did it go for you?

I made some but not too many, I got between 58-60 I think and 56 on breadth, should have really not made those silly mistakes on Breadth and I wouldn't be kinda worrying about possibly getting a B lol. what about you?
that's great - what did you put for the two alcohols you had to draw... I think I put pent-2-ol and pent-3-ol? probs 4 marks lost but wanna check

I can't remember for sure but I think i drew 2-methylbutan-2-ol and 3-methylbutan-2-ol
I made some but not too many, I got between 58-60 I think and 56 on breadth, should have really not made those silly mistakes on Breadth and I wouldn't be kinda worrying about possibly getting a B lol. what about you?

I made one or two silly errors on each papers but im hoping i did enough for 63+ on each paper
Do you know if it asked for you to use standard form for the gas question?

If you are talking anout the pressure then Im sure it said 3sf and in standard form
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by asinghj
I can't remember for sure but I think i drew 2-methylbutan-2-ol and 3-methylbutan-2-ol

fair enough thanks
I made one or two silly errors on each papers but im hoping i did enough for 63+ on each paper

thats good, well done
Original post by asinghj
Yup 3sf and in standard form

Im quite sure it wasnt standard form as it was only the three significant figuures which was in bold
Original post by Jitesh
Can you please post the exact wording for the 6 marker for the mechanism and edit it shortly after I've read it.

Just interested

Im quite sure it wasnt standard form as it was only the three significant figuures which was in bold

Can't remember for sure so might not have said that and I might be thinking of one of my other exams
Original post by TeachChemistry

Sorry to bother you but could you confirm if the question on the pressure in the drum was meant to be in standard form or not?
Do you know if it asked for you to use standard form for the gas question?

it did
it did

Ah damn , i was quite sure it didnt. But oh well.

Not sure why you're acting so funny about sharing the paper but that's your prerogative. However, posting this picture adds nothing to the discussion. Either share the question or don't post at all.

Shame my college has moved over to AQA for the current AS year or else I'd pop in tomorrow and get a copy to scan in!
Reply 1376
Good luck guys for your other exams coming up. I have S1 maths and then I am done. yessss
Original post by 11...
Good luck guys for your other exams coming up. I have S1 maths and then I am done. yessss

How are you feeling about S1? Is there any S1 thread
Original post by marioman
Not sure why you're acting so funny about sharing the paper but that's your prerogative. However, posting this picture adds nothing to the discussion. Either share the question or don't post at all.

Shame my college has moved over to AQA for the current AS year or else I'd pop in tomorrow and get a copy to scan in!

It is a public forum and I do not need your permission to post anything.

I come on here to help and give advice to students - there are several I have helped a lot believe me. However, I am not posting the paper because it should not be posted. The paper will be used by teachers for next year's mock and as such has not been released to the public by the exam board who also own the copyright.
It is a public forum and I do not need your permission to post anything.

I come on here to help and give advice to students - there are several I have helped a lot believe me. However, I am not posting the paper because it should not be posted. The paper will be used by teachers for next year's mock and as such has not been released to the public by the exam board who also own the copyright.

Of course you don't need my permission, I was just suggesting that you refrain from posting unhelpful image macros in reply to someone asking for a reminder of one of the questions.

I'm not sure how much I buy into the whole 'the current paper cannot be released because it will be used as a mock' reasoning. Good sixth form students are old enough to understand why they shouldn't look at mock papers before sitting them. Plus, there is enough discussion about the content of the paper on forums like this one that anyone determined enough to cheat on a mock can do so anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending