The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intelligent con
anyone have any idea why grade boundaries are so low for these papers? On some papers you only need like 70% of the raw marks to get full ums

I think they need to be lower.
Reply 4921
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Someone said on here and i remember it like this

Nominal data + indepedent groups= chi squared
Ordinal data + independent groups= Man whintey u
Ordinal data + matched pairs= wilcoxon
Ordinal data + correlation= spearmans row

Literally the way i remember it

I don't know why I'm so complex with this stuff haha! literally when I need to learn stats of studies I don't remember them individually I remember 1 and then be like oh the second stat is -84 of the original stat. Idk haha but it works anyway.
Original post by Anymorefor123
What's the likelihood of a classification and diagnosis q for schizophrenia coming up ? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

i really wish that come up or psychological explanations
Original post by NHM
I don't know why I'm so complex with this stuff haha! literally when I need to learn stats of studies I don't remember them individually I remember 1 and then be like oh the second stat is -84 of the original stat. Idk haha but it works anyway.

I dont think its complex at all and in fact really simple to remember! Which btw thanks, i think the main thing is learning the acronym which for me is
Could
Man U
Win
Sometimes
If you know the order then your method is very easy
Reply 4924
Original post by Anymorefor123
What's the likelihood of a classification and diagnosis q for schizophrenia coming up ? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say its extremely likely- loads of people are saying psychological explanations and therapies but I'm thinking, AQA love to repeat things, they love to catch us out so I think It'll be:

1. class/diagnosis of sz
2.bio therapies/ explanations of sz could even be a split marker!
Original post by Danny786
For media does anyone have any decent essays?

For Media do you have to learn effect of computers on behaviour or just video games?
Reply 4926
Original post by Mesosleepy
i really wish that come up or psychological explanations

Hate psych explanations although its simple.
Original post by NHM

This is me lmao one of my acronyms for my essay is FMSBC squared and CSETRDLAWLPCR which is harder than remembering the actual essay ffs
Original post by Amyjonesx
how do you improve internal and external validity and reliability?

Also what would you include in a question to "design a study" and how many marks would it be?

Design a study = 10 marks (typically)

Improve internal validity by controlling for extraneous variables (EVs), conducting a pilot study...

Improve external validity by triangulating the evidence (using different styles of research e.g. interview, questionnaire, field study etc.....)

Improve reliability by:
1) Repeating the experiment (Test retest for questionnaires)
2) Having another observer watch your experiment and see if the conclusions are the same (Inter-rater reliability)
3) Split-half reliability test (for questionnaires)
Reply 4929
Original post by yung7up
this is me lmao one of my acronyms for my essay is fmsbc squared and csetrdlawlpcr which is harder than remembering the actual essay ffs

'csetrdlawlpcr' what the heck haha.
Can anyone tell me some debates for the biological, cognitive and learning models of addiction please? I'm so stuck D:
Any predictions for anomalistic psychology??
Can someone explain to me, I know why a type 1 error, is when you reject the null hypothesis when its actually true, because you was too lenient with your significance level, but can someone explain why?
did they do the normal paper or r paper last year?
when's results day?
Do they not give you a significance level in some of the questions? In june 2015 paper they havent gviem me one?
Original post by NHM
Hate psych explanations although its simple.

They probably do a 4+8 psychological explanation and therapies
Hi, will there be any essay questions for the addiction topic or are the questions just related to a scenario? thank you:smile:
Original post by SunDun111
Do they not give you a significance level in some of the questions? In june 2015 paper they havent gviem me one?

I just checked it and the calculated level is higher than all of the possible significance levels in the table so i suppose you are meant to just to say it is significant because of that?
Reply 4939
Original post by Mesosleepy
They probably do a 4+8 psychological explanation and therapies

The thing is... If they did it would be so predictable (due to papers been taken last year)

So I don't think it will be.

Latest

Trending

Trending