The Student Room Group

How long would it take a someone to be able to lift about 230kg?

Can it be done?

Scroll to see replies

For what lift?
Male or female?
Enhanced or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 weeks w/ noob gains brah nom sayin
Reply 3
Original post by govandpolitics

right babe
Original post by yung7up
right babe

confuse the coco pebbles
Reply 5
confuse the coco pebbles

whatever it takes goddammit
Original post by Angry cucumber
For what lift?
Male or female?
Enhanced or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just being able to lift 230 kg in general
Female
Non-enhanced

[video="youtube;HbvYeLxMKN8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbvYeLxMKN8[/video]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_Olympic_weightlifting
If you mean a single lift then 230kg is past the record for women. For the total of snatch and c&j it's probably doable for those weighing over 70kg. 230kg is just under the record for the 53kg category for women.
Original post by shawn_o1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_Olympic_weightlifting
If you mean a single lift then 230kg is past the record for women. For the total of snatch and c&j it's probably doable for those weighing over 70kg. 230kg is just under the record for the 53kg category for women.

So I wouldn't be able to do it naturally alone? I'd have to take steroids?
Possibly :tongue: Bear in mind that no-one (not even men) has snatched 230kg in competitive weightlifting either.
Possibly :tongue: Bear in mind that no-one (not even men) has snatched 230kg in competitive weightlifting either.

What about as a half-squat?
Reply 12

If she wants it badly enough she will do it
In general? That means nothing....

As a combined powerlifting total, depending on your weight, depending on genetics, starting point, routine, diet etc. Not too long a year

For any individual lift, a long time and probably the deadlift. It may not be possible for you even with drugs

Posted from TSR Mobile
What kind of lift?
In general? That means nothing....

As a combined powerlifting total, depending on your weight, depending on genetics, starting point, routine, diet etc. Not too long a year

For any individual lift, a long time and probably the deadlift. It may not be possible for you even with drugs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know about my genetics, is there a test you can do?
Is height a factor or is it irrelevant? As for my weight I'm about 60kg
No there's no test. It's a combination of leverages and how easily you build and hold muscle. Only way to find out is get as strong as possible and see from there after a few years.

Height is also a factor

Posted from TSR Mobile
No there's no test. It's a combination of leverages and how easily you build and hold muscle. Only way to find out is get as strong as possible and see from there after a few years.

Height is also a factor

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, I really appreciate all this advice off you all by the way, I'm totally new to weightlifting and I'm just asking the more experienced members such as yourself.

Is height an advantage or a disadvantage?
Are you talking lifting weights weight lifting or Olympic style weight lifting. There's a difference and it causes some confusion :tongue:

Height is neither here nor there at your stage and only really comes into it when talking elite lifters at light bodyweight. And as its something you can't change I wouldn't worry about it :tongue: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well i've only been lifting for 2 months and now can already deadlift 100kg (PR!!!!!!! this Wed)

Quick Reply

Latest