The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Official St. Hild & St. Bede college thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone here actually from the North East? On the open day I couldn't find anyone north of the Midlands. Just wondering how funny the language barrier's going to be when I say I'm going into the toon for some scran with me Bezzie marrahs 😂😂😂. P.s. there's some good cheap clubs in Newcastle by train
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by MattSyke
Is anyone here actually from the North East? On the open day I couldn't find anyone north of the Midlands. Just wondering how funny the language barrier's going to be when I say I'm going into the toon for some scran with me Bezzie marrahs 😂😂😂. P.s. there's some good cheap clubs in Newcastle by train

I'm from the North West, but further North than Durham :smile: northerners say I have a southern accent but southerners think I'm northern :tongue: I do understand the native lingo though ahah
Original post by Gingerbread101
I'm from the North West, but further North than Durham :smile: northerners say I have a southern accent but southerners think I'm northern :tongue: I do understand the native lingo though ahah

I don't have that strong an accent but someone on my course thought I was Scottish and then Irish. It was a good laugh.
Original post by MattSyke
In the North East it's generally pretty overcast most of the time. Its by no means cold just not pleasant. Probably the biggest thing if you're coming from Sunny Singapore 😄

Sounds like a lovely change of pace from the sweltering tropics!

I'll be doing Law too :h:
Be prepared for variable weather I guess; always carry an umbrella :tongue: I wouldn't say there's any massive cultural norms or things everyone does though :smile:

I suppose we'll be meeting soon enough then! Actually, do you know how many of us there'll be? My impression of the collegiate system is that there's only a handful of students per subject at any given college.

[Edit: Phrasing]
(edited 7 years ago)
hi, I hold a conditional offer for a law degree at Durham and I have been allocated St. Hild and Bede as my college.
Also How far is St. Hild and Bede from the law school at palantine centre (ps. sry for the wrong spelling)
Also How far is St. Hild and Bede from the law school at palantine centre (ps. sry for the wrong spelling).......
Original post by Chan-Mochi

I suppose we'll be meeting soon enough then! Actually, do you know how many of us there'll be? My impression of the collegiate system is that there's only a handful of students per subject at any given college.

[Edit: Phrasing]

When I was there for the Visit Day, there were about 4 of us that I saw, but there were 2 different days that it was run on and obviously lots of people who wouldn't have attended, so I'd guess maybe 12? :smile:
Original post by YBHARDWAJ
hi, I hold a conditional offer for a law degree at Durham and I have been allocated St. Hild and Bede as my college.

Also How far is St. Hild and Bede from the law school at palantine centre (ps. sry for the wrong spelling)

Great, another Lawyer :h: When I walked it, it took about 25 mins although I imagine there's lots of short cuts that you'd find after living there so it's probably slightly less :smile:
When I was there for the Visit Day, there were about 4 of us that I saw, but there were 2 different days that it was run on and obviously lots of people who wouldn't have attended, so I'd guess maybe 12? :smile:

Great, another Lawyer :h: When I walked it, it took about 25 mins although I imagine there's lots of short cuts that you'd find after living there so it's probably slightly less :smile:

ok, thanks a lot and I look forward to seeing you, plus which college are you allocated to

ok, thanks a lot and I look forward to seeing you, plus which college are you allocated to

Everyone in this thread has been allocated to Hild Bede :smile:
I am sorry sorry, yeah that was very dumb of me to ask
Everyone in this thread has been allocated to Hild Bede :smile:
I am sorry sorry, yeah that was very dumb of me to ask

That's ok haha :tongue:
anyone from India for Law
Reply 114
Hi I'm Gaurav. I'll be studying archaeology..
Original post by gk15859
Hi I'm Gaurav. I'll be studying archaeology..

Welcome to the team! :wink:
anyone from India for Law

I'll be doing Law, but I'm from the UK :h:
Reply 117
I'm from India, but not doing law..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm studying my MA in English literary studies, and will be staying at hild bede- any other postgrads out there or anybody who knows much about postgrad life?
I was at Hild Bede last year so feel free to PM me any questions

Quick Reply