The Student Room Group

How will universities react if you do 4 years at sixth form?

Lets just say if you resit some exams and choose different subjects and end up doing 4 years of sixth form, how will universities react. Will they still give offer out to students. Im not on about the top universities
(edited 7 years ago)
You will be fine. You tried and changed after 2 years? If asked just emphasise how you made a tough decision, you made the right choice and it took a lot of determination. It is your grades that matter.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You will be fine. You tried and changed after 2 years? If asked just emphasise how you made a tough decision, you made the right choice and it took a lot of determination. It is your grades that matter.

Made a lot of mistakes in my choice of choosing subjects which has brought my overall grade for other subjects and have been going through a lot of anxiety and a lot of stuff has come up which has not helped me. I was advised to take a gap year but im doing AQA chemistry and it was the last year for the old spec so teaching wouldn't be done by teachers for the old spec in this coming September. I know Im hardworking I've got a good grade in one A2 and A* in extended project, its just my two other subjects I've not been able to overachieve in this year. I really hope if I have to be an external student that universities still believe in me really...
Original post by germanyone1
Made a lot of mistakes in my choice of choosing subjects which has brought my overall grade for other subjects and have been going through a lot of anxiety and a lot of stuff has come up which has not helped me. I was advised to take a gap year but im doing AQA chemistry and it was the last year for the old spec so teaching wouldn't be done by teachers for the old spec in this coming September. I know Im hardworking I've got a good grade in one A2 and A* in extended project, its just my two other subjects I've not been able to overachieve in this year. I really hope if I have to be an external student that universities still believe in me really...

Why shouldnt they believe you?
What they may want to know is that you have whatever issues you have under control so you are ready and able to take the course you are applying for. You should get your ps checked so it strikes the correct positive balance and doesnt mention or overplay why it has taken an extended period or your mental health issues. Theres lots of advice on the site about ps. make sure you are seeing your GP as well..

Quick Reply

Latest