The Student Room Group

Not done as well I hoped

I thought I would sit my AS exam and walk out feeling confident that I've done well. Instead I feel as if I have achieved CDE (maths, chemistry and physics) I wanted to do chemical engineering or chemistry with maths at uni

Is this feeling normal or am I just panicked? Is retaking an option? Do universities look down on retakes? Will I even get a conditional offer with grades this bad? Foundation years?
Natural to be pessimistic.

Dont know what the standard gardes are for those courses. Check Heap.
Retaking is an option next summer.
Yes you could do a foundation year, but there are pros and cons.
Dont fret, wait for your results and talk to your teachers.
Reply 2
Most of the time we do better than we think, so don't be too down on yourself! You can definitely re-sit any exams that didn't go so well to boost your UMS points, at my college most people re-sit at least one exam... it's really common :smile:

Universities will take into account other factors too, grades are important but it's not the only thing :smile:

Best of luck for results day!
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Natural to be pessimistic.

Dont know what the standard gardes are for those courses. Check Heap.
Retaking is an option next summer.
Yes you could do a foundation year, but there are pros and cons.
Dont fret, wait for your results and talk to your teachers.

Okay its going to be a painful wait but thank you! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by doodle97
Most of the time we do better than we think, so don't be too down on yourself! You can definitely re-sit any exams that didn't go so well to boost your UMS points, at my college most people re-sit at least one exam... it's really common :smile:

Universities will take into account other factors too, grades are important but it's not the only thing :smile:

Best of luck for results day!

The course has changed to linear in the sciences so Ill have to retake them with my year 13 exams regardless. Its just the worry of not getting in or getting no university offers. But thank you!
Original post by Zy786
The course has changed to linear in the sciences so Ill have to retake them with my year 13 exams regardless. Its just the worry of not getting in or getting no university offers. But thank you!

If you were/are going to resit them, then talk to your teachers plus study over the Summer

Quick Reply

Latest