The Student Room Group

Maths edexcel GCSE grade boundaries

Hi guys, what does everyone think the maths Grade boundaries will be.
I think I definitely got 136+
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muhammad_Mughal
Hi guys, what does everyone think the maths Grade boundaries will be.
I think I definitely got 136+
Thanks

I would imagine 140 would be an A and 170 to be an A*.
Original post by Jamie Vardy

Yeah, that would be the estimate, but usually they're like 130-137 for an A.
I've been calculating my score and its looking like I'm hovering around 140.
Fingers crossed I get that A.
Thanks.
Reply 3
I got around 55-56 in non calculator and 73-75 in calculator paper, so around 130 in total what grade would that be guys?
I got around 27 on paper 1 and 43 on paper 2 what grade?
Reply 5
Original post by kylecolclough

Grade C.

Doesn't 170 for an A* seem a bit high though?
Reply 7
Original post by qwerty0301
Doesn't 170 for an A* seem a bit high though?

A* would realistically be 160 as the minimum and 165 as the maximum. 170 does seem a bit too high.

Realistically that should be a U but it will actually be a C.
Original post by Tinka99
Grade C.

Considering I have struggled for ages I hope I got that grade C!! I've put so much effort into it
Considering I have struggled for ages I hope I got that grade C!! I've put so much effort into it

70 marks on the higher paper is definitely a C so congrats and wish you all the best for results day.
Original post by Tinka99
70 marks on the higher paper is definitely a C so congrats and wish you all the best for results day.

Thank you so much! I tried my hardest lets hope it has payed off. I know I've got a B in my English Language and an C in my literature so that's made more confident(: I want maths so bad!
Thank you so much! I tried my hardest lets hope it has payed off. I know I've got a B in my English Language and an C in my literature so that's made more confident(: I want maths so bad!

I think I have got a B in Maths just hoping for nice grade boundaries, hoping for a B in English Language and a C in Literature hated the bloody subject. Also, ignore the hater trying to put you down above he's just an idiot.
Realistically that should be a U but it will actually be a C.

Why don't you move yourself?
Original post by Tinka99
I think I have got a B in Maths just hoping for nice grade boundaries, hoping for a B in English Language and a C in Literature hated the bloody subject. Also, ignore the hater trying to put you down above he's just an idiot.

I struggled so much all through Year 10, I use to get E grades and was on foundation!! I didn't revise I was in the wrong crowd the teachers tried praising me but knew I was going to fail! I had a friendship break up and went with the right crew! I was revising till 6:30 every day from February till May; now I have done higher papers and the teachers seen huge improvements on me I use to get 5 marks of a C now I feel I have definitely got a C' to me that's a cracking improvement! I don't little stupidity people get me down because I know I'm better than that(:
What would 45 on one paper and 57 on the other be?
I think GB will be:

A* - 165
A - 135
B - 105
C - 80
D - 60
E - 35
Original post by sulaimanali
I think GB will be:

A* - 165
A - 135
B - 105
C - 80
D - 60
E - 35

I hope you're wrong
Original post by sulaimanali
I think GB will be:

A* - 165
A - 135
B - 105
C - 80
D - 60
E - 35

They won't push up the grade boundaries by so much? 5 max I reckon
Original post by Pst123689
They won't push up the grade boundaries by so much? 5 max I reckon

I think they will. Tbh, I know I made multiple silly errors. I got between 163-170. I could've got 170+.

It wasn't an extremely hard paper at all. Defo some questions on both paper were a bit iffy but overall it wasn't too bad. Max for A* should be 165, I doubt they would increase to 170 as last year it was 155.

There are many people who found it difficult, but then are people who found it easy or not too bad. People representative on TSR and from nearby schools aren't the whole proportion of candidates so we can't say exactly but I think A* will be around the 165 region, extreme cases 170 because in the past years defo they have been around this region normally for the past 4-5 years and I doubt they'd break the trend and hear an uproar.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending