The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101
I'm glad you got a break from him :redface:

At least you get a day of revision in between :yes:

Yeah, it was bittersweet because I realised how much I was missing out on - but I will carry on doing what I'm doing because I was on the right track all along :dontknow:
Yessss, I'm so thankful for that - I'm planning to make the most out of it because it's hard to balance revision for 3B/4B ideologies at the same time. Luckily 4B ideologies have been covered in lessons recently so I haven't been ignoring them either. That's the only reason I'm glad I don't have study leave - politics lessons. :woo:
Anyway, good luck with the lit and I hope it goes well, which I'm sure it will! :hugs:
why would you want to study law?
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Yeah, it was bittersweet because I realised how much I was missing out on - but I will carry on doing what I'm doing because I was on the right track all along :dontknow:
Yessss, I'm so thankful for that - I'm planning to make the most out of it because it's hard to balance revision for 3B/4B ideologies at the same time. Luckily 4B ideologies have been covered in lessons recently so I haven't been ignoring them either. That's the only reason I'm glad I don't have study leave - politics lessons. :woo:
Anyway, good luck with the lit and I hope it goes well, which I'm sure it will! :hugs:

I think you were too :yes:

I'm sure you'll do great at it :biggrin:

Thanks, you too :h: I know you'll do great, no matter what a certain other person thinks :hugs:
@Gingerbread101 you do so much work. Well done! How have your exams been so far ? Although i'm doing my GCSE :colondollar: this is my thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3934631 feel free to have a look :biggrin:
Good luck for your remaining exams. :h:
Original post by sleepysnooze
why would you want to study law?

:lol:
I haven't studied it before, but I've never had a favourite subject and I think it's a really good mix of all of the skills from my other subjects, plus it's always really relevant and is a well respected degree, and has great career progressions :awesome:
Original post by nisha.sri
@Gingerbread101 you do so much work. Well done! How have your exams been so far ? Although i'm doing my GCSE :colondollar: this is my thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3934631 feel free to have a look :biggrin:
Good luck for your remaining exams. :h:

Thanks hun :h: They're going good so far, I'm over half way there now :party:
I'll be sure to have a look, good luck to you too :hugs:
I haven't studied it before, but I've never had a favourite subject and I think it's a really good mix of all of the skills from my other subjects, plus it's always really relevant and is a well respected degree, and has great career progressions :awesome:

Thanks hun :h: They're going good so far, I'm over half way there now :party:
I'll be sure to have a look, good luck to you too :hugs:

Thank you :biggrin: No worries

but how do you know you're even going to enjoy it...? I thought I was going to enjoy it when I starting law at uni because I took humanities subjects but I was very wrong - law is as boring as it gets. even my friends who're now graduating in law agree that it is extremely dull.
but how do you know you're even going to enjoy it...? I thought I was going to enjoy it when I starting law at uni because I took humanities subjects but I was very wrong - law is as boring as it gets. even my friends who're now graduating in law agree that it is extremely dull.

Tbh I've never taken a subject that I haven't enjoyed, I just like learning things in general, so I can't see why this would be much different :dontknow: I imagine there's definitely going to be less interesting bits, but the sample lectures I went to were really good :smile:
Tbh I've never taken a subject that I haven't enjoyed, I just like learning things in general, so I can't see why this would be much different :dontknow: I imagine there's definitely going to be less interesting bits, but the sample lectures I went to were really good :smile:

so if you enjoy potentially any subject why not something like...medicine? or business management? $
so if you enjoy potentially any subject why not something like...medicine? or business management? $

I'm naturally a more creative person I think, it could have gone either way for me at A Level between sciences and humanities but I enjoyed the humanities more and I know whatever career I end up in, I'll be able to push myself to a high level/reputation/wage level because I'm very competitive :tongue:
I'm naturally a more creative person I think, it could have gone either way for me at A Level between sciences and humanities but I enjoyed the humanities more and I know whatever career I end up in, I'll be able to push myself to a high level/reputation/wage level because I'm very competitive :tongue:

how is law for a creative person though?
how is law for a creative person though?

Because there's a lot of problem solving aspects, and I'm not a purely creative artsy person - things like Lit and History also have lots of logic and just pure learning information involved.
You do you @Gingerbread101. Law is such an excellent career :woo:

As for the unneeded negativity: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Original post by iEthan
You do you @Gingerbread101. Law is such an excellent career :woo:

As for the unneeded negativity: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

PRSOM :lol: Thanks, you ray of sunshine :giggle:
#STEMbanterrace.. What use is there for law, what has law ever done for you etc.:ninja:
Original post by getfunky!
#STEMbanterrace.. What use is there for law, what has law ever done for you etc.:ninja:

Who even needs Law :ninjagirl:
Because there's a lot of problem solving aspects, and I'm not a purely creative artsy person - things like Lit and History also have lots of logic and just pure learning information involved.

history and english literature are nothing like law though...? I studied history at a level and then went on to study law at uni - that's my viewpoint
(edited 7 years ago)
history and english literature are nothing like law though...? I studied history at a level and then went on to study law at uni - that's my viewpoint

There are transferable skills at play, though. And I don't think your viewpoint is representative of most law students - I know plenty of law students who excel at their degree and enjoy it too. Subjectivity. :redface:

I've talked to plenty of other people who have studied similar A Levels to me and have enjoyed Law - I guess everyone is entitled to their personal likes and dislikes :tongue:
I've talked to plenty of other people who have studied similar A Levels to me and have enjoyed Law - I guess everyone is entitled to their personal likes and dislikes :tongue:

history is actually interesting though - studying law is like studying a highly complicated, often hypocritical and dry rule book.
you can study what you want, but I'm trying to inform your decision-making here as somebody who both studied it at uni for a while and somebody whose only friends studying it do not find it fulfilling. I find my current degree fulfilling by contrast, for instance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending