The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jitesh
I mean question 3 d or cii (cant remember what it was labelled as)

Oh I remember after you have to draw the Z isomer
Yh, it can't be 3-methyl-pent-2ene as this is already an alkene you had to draw and alkane which an OH group attached to it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UK_Britain
Yh you had to draw both products to see if a tertiary carbocations could form, as well as the secondary carbonation. Otherwise you would have to guess the second part to the question?

You wouldn't have to guess the 2nd part because it said explain so you could state how the other forms. That's exactly what I did and I didn't have to guess because I knew.
Original post by 4nonymous
Where did it say give two structures is what I wanted to know because I only remember reading draw the mechanism for one and explain which product is most likely to be formed yet you're here just giving me grief. I'm glad you're not my teacher cos I would fail and wouldn't be surprised if you're students do.

And you're on point with the sarcasm :clap2:

Just for starters, last year my Y11 class got 15A*, 3A. That was the whole class.
Original post by TeachChemistry
Just for starters, last year my Y11 class got 15A*, 3A. That was the whole class.

Yh cos GCSE's are sooo hard
I too got an A* and had a rubbish teacher who shouted all the time
No it didn't, it said 3 significant figures

It said both.
You wouldn't have to guess the 2nd part because it said explain so you could state how the other forms. That's exactly what I did and I didn't have to guess because I knew.

true, but it wouldn't work if the double bond was one the first carbon.

Not trying to attack you but there are also other factors which determine a classes grades apart from teaching e.g. sets or if it's a selective school etc

And GCSEs required very little revision (and OCR 21C, if your students do that, isn't very challenging...)
It said both.

Wow, so I ****ed it I just straight up put 4,600,000
Oh I remember after you have to draw the Z isomer
Yh, it can't be 3-methyl-pent-2ene as this is already an alkene you had to draw and alkane which an OH group attached to it.

I know I meant drawing the reactants for that so one was directly bonded to the carbon 3 and one to carbon 2 or something
Yh cos GCSE's are sooo hard
I too got an A* and had a rubbish teacher who shouted all the time

Shame you miss read info on 3c then.
Original post by Jitesh
Not trying to attack you but there are also other factors which determine a classes grades apart from teaching e.g. sets or if it's a selective school etc

And GCSEs required very little revision (and OCR 21C, if your students do that, isn't very challenging...)

They don't. They do IGCSE which is real chemistry
(edited 7 years ago)

Why is this guy trying to roast student, and make them feel bad about misreading question?
Original post by Jitesh
I know I meant drawing the reactants for that so one was directly bonded to the carbon 3 and one to carbon 2 or something

Something similar
Why is this guy trying to roast student, and make them feel bad about misreading question?

I'm not entirely sure, for a TEACHER its quite immature behavior.

Read the previous posts and then draw a conclusion as to who is a dog with a bone.

I'm pretty sure it's not the first time I've made a mistake.
And if you hadn't come in with that rudeness we wouldn't be here arguing right now. You didn't have to make those extra stuck up comments. You could have got straight to the point and it would have been done but no you think just because you're a teacher (not a good one by the way) you think you can control everyone.

And it's a shame you're a teacher.
They don't. They do IGCSE which is real chemistry

Such a small class though? Private school or something?
Read the previous posts and then draw a conclusion as to who is a dog with a bone.

So what if he doesn't want to let go of the issue? Unless you are a walking talking markscheme, nobody should be listening to you. For all I know, you're a keyboard warrior. Who likes to take digs on students after exams. Just because you have teacher In your name, doesn't make you one
(edited 7 years ago)

Original post by alfmeister
I'm not entirely sure, for a TEACHER its quite immature behavior.

Thank you, I have no idea what he has against me. I would have preferred it if he never got involved in the first place.
I'm pretty sure it's not the first time I've made a mistake.
And if you hadn't come in with that rudeness we wouldn't be here arguing right now. You didn't have to make those extra stuck up comments. You could have got straight to the point and it would have been done but no you think just because you're a teacher (not a good one by the way) you think you can control everyone.

And it's a shame you're a teacher.

Thank you for your insightful comment on my personality. As you seem to be getting rather angry now I will add you to my ignore list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending