The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Anyone else starting Law this September?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
but $ alone isn't what's going to make you happy in life, surely?

Not alone, my career will (hopefully) be fulfilling. The money is a great bonus, though.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by bowling4dietcoke
Not alone, my career will (hopefully) be fulfilling. The money is a great bonus, though.

"the money and opportunities is how I justify it"
^it wasn't a bonus, it was a justification in your last message
Ipppoo9olo
"the money and opportunities is how I justify it"
^it wasn't a bonus, it was a justification in your last message

A bonus can also be a justification, the two aren't mutually exclusive. It might also be prudent for you to notice I said "Not alone".
Ipppoo9olo
A bonus can also be a justification, the two aren't mutually exclusive. It might also be prudent for you to notice I said "Not alone".

Oh, yeah, I'm not saying Law isn't boring, but the money and opportunities is how I justify it.
I was originally going to study Literature, so.. well, I think you see my point.

how do you reconcile these two statements? a "bonus" is a secondary consideration, not a primary consideration. for instance, you wouldn't call your entire pay cheque at a job a "bonus" in the sense that an actual bonus (e.g. the wage + % of a wage at the end of the year" is a bonus. what is your primary consideration ultimately? I'm not understanding your reasons
how do you reconcile these two statements? a "bonus" is a secondary consideration, not a primary consideration. for instance, you wouldn't call your entire pay cheque at a job a "bonus" in the sense that an actual bonus (e.g. the wage + % of a wage at the end of the year" is a bonus. what is your primary consideration ultimately? I'm not understanding your reasons

A fellow pedant, I see.
My primary consideration is that Law is better than Literature. :L
Reply 25
Hi! I'm doing Law with Politics this september! I already did a year of Law at Sussex but withdrew from the course this June for personal reasons...so I am back again I'm first year aha ! Anyone else doing Law with Politics? Or if anyone wants to know anything about the course/ uni/ accommodation feel free to ask!
Original post by Jessyay
Hi! I'm doing Law with Politics this september! I already did a year of Law at Sussex but withdrew from the course this June for personal reasons...so I am back again I'm first year aha ! Anyone else doing Law with Politics? Or if anyone wants to know anything about the course/ uni/ accommodation feel free to ask!

Hey! I've already done a year of law too at another university, but decided to leave as the university itself wasn't very good. I'm really excited to start at Sussex though. Did you join the Law Society last year? If so, what was it like?

I'm really excited for freshers and meeting new people!
Reply 27
[QUOTE=lilybeweleywest;66289644]Hey! I've already done a year of law too at another university, but decided to leave as the university itself wasn't very good. I'm really excited to start at Sussex though. Did you join the Law Society last year? If so, what was it like?

I'm really excited for freshers and meeting new people!

Oooo really, bless! So are you back to first year again like me? Or? And no I didn't unfortunately so I can't tell you much, but it seemed good! This year I'll defo be joining
Reply 28
I got into single hons law this september too! I'm so excited and nervous I don't know what the pressure is gonna be like
I will hopefully be studying Law in September at Sussex! I got a conditional offer of ABC and I'm really nervous I won't get the grades tbh but I am hopeful :smile:
i'm hopefully starting law with politics in september!! have you applied for accommodation yet? also do you think you're gonna get a rox wristband or uni freshers tickets or both?? i haven't heard great things about the official uni events but apparently the rox events are unreal, i've seen posts about them on here. i can't decide because i don't know what my future flatmates would do and so tryna see what people on my course are going to do!!
Original post by JadeG118
i'm hopefully starting law with politics in september!! have you applied for accommodation yet? also do you think you're gonna get a rox wristband or uni freshers tickets or both?? i haven't heard great things about the official uni events but apparently the rox events are unreal, i've seen posts about them on here. i can't decide because i don't know what my future flatmates would do and so tryna see what people on my course are going to do!!

yeah me too! i've already bought my wristband but no tickets yet. i've heard the same so thought wristband was the safest option for now x
Original post by FrankieDav
yeah me too! i've already bought my wristband but no tickets yet. i've heard the same so thought wristband was the safest option for now x

Yeah I got the wristband too! I figured even if future flat mates don't have it, it doesn't stop them coming to the events, just costs a little more x
Original post by lilybeweleywest
Yeah I got the wristband too! I figured even if future flat mates don't have it, it doesn't stop them coming to the events, just costs a little more x

that's a really good point, thanks!! x
Reply 34
Hey guys, I'm starting Law single honours in September! :smile:
Reply 35
I'm starting single hons law at Sussex in September this year (2016) and was just looking for anyone who will be on the course with me.
So, whether it's your firm or insurance, whether you've got a conditional or unconditional or whatever, let's get a law thread going.

Yep, I'm on that course
Reply 36
I'm studying Law this September :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest