The Student Room Group

University acceptance and grades

Hi. The course I have applied for at university states on their website and course information leaflets that you need 300 UCAS points to be accepted. So far I have an A* and a B, which is 240 points. I started an AS whilst finishing my A2s so now I'm in the final year of that. I'm short of 60 UCAS points which is a D but the university has asked me to get a C. I'm really worrying that I won't get this as I'm finding the subject so difficult. So, if I don't get the C grade and get a D instead, does this mean I won't be accepted even though I'll have the 300 UCAS points they have asked for?Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Lowriellenn
Hi. The course I have applied for at university states on their website and course information leaflets that you need 300 UCAS points to be accepted. So far I have an A* and a B, which is 240 points. I started an AS whilst finishing my A2s so now I'm in the final year of that. I'm short of 60 UCAS points which is a D but the university has asked me to get a C. I'm really worrying that I won't get this as I'm finding the subject so difficult. So, if I don't get the C grade and get a D instead, does this mean I won't be accepted even though I'll have the 300 UCAS points they have asked for?Thank you

What, exactly, was stated on their Offer?

If they have specifically asked for a C, then yes they might not accept you although missing by one grade means you still have a chance of acceptance depending on what all of the other applicants get on results day.
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
What, exactly, was stated on their Offer?

It's for primary education. They have asked me to obtain a C grade in my final A level as well as pass the QTS professional skills tests. I've passed the tests and did really well in my interview but I'm worrying it will all go to waste if I don't get the C grade, even though a D would give me the 300 UCAS points. I'm just such a worrier so this is seriously getting to me
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
If they have specifically asked for a C, then yes they might not accept you although missing by one grade means you still have a chance of acceptance depending on what all of the other applicants get on results day.

Thank you :smile:

Which subjects, if any, are most relevant to your degree choice - your A* and B, or your potential C/D?
Reply 6
It's for primary education. They have asked me to obtain a C grade in my final A level as well as pass the QTS professional skills tests. I've passed the tests and did really well in my interview but I'm worrying it will all go to waste if I don't get the C grade, even though a D would give me the 300 UCAS points. I'm just such a worrier so this is seriously getting to me

@claireestelle has given the answer. :smile:

And if you've done well with the rest of your application then that should put you in a reasonably good position to being accepted.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
Which subjects, if any, are most relevant to your degree choice - your A* and B, or your potential C/D?

Well my degree choice is primary education so I tried to choose subjects which I feel would be most relevant. I achieved my A* in art and my B in science (general). The final subject which I am yet to complete is English Literature.
Reply 8
Original post by jneill
@claireestelle has given the answer. :smile:

And if you've done well with the rest of your application then that should put you in a reasonably good position to being accepted.

Good luck :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending