The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Business - Unit 3 Revision thread (14th June 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nath98
That's true, but I feel like the theory involved is way more complicated. All these ratios and techniques are so confusing and hard to write so much about.. Like how on earth do you write 30 marks about a decision tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree! Luckily, that was last years 30 marker on Centre Parks. My school paid this company to predict the 5 questions to come up for unit 4 . If you want them, get back to me.
Reply 21
Original post by Allie_Marie
I totally agree! Luckily, that was last years 30 marker on Centre Parks. My school paid this company to predict the 5 questions to come up for unit 4 . If you want them, get back to me.

what company and sure, pm me this ;D
Reply 22
Original post by Allie_Marie

Yeah that's lucky it came up last year, really nervous to see what comes up this year! And yeah please that would be amazing if you could send them me?

Thanks

Original post by hehexd
what company and sure, pm me this ;D

Pm me too or just put it in the chat
Original post by Nath98
Yeah that's lucky it came up last year, really nervous to see what comes up this year! And yeah please that would be amazing if you could send them me?

Thanks

how would you answer this
evaluate the affect on uk businesses on the expansion of the EU (15marks)
arguments for and against please ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by G.S.G
Something about EU membership could come up like 2013's paper (i think it was 2013) where they asked about membership's impact on business.

wat is this prediction based on?

thanks regardless though
Reply 26
Original post by Roadrunner55
how would you answer this
evaluate the affect on uk businesses on the expansion of the EU (15marks)
arguments for and against please ?

you'd say how it would positively affect the UK and how it would negatively affect the UK.

For example, the UK could get more sales opportunities through having more members as they have more customers to target at.

However, with the increase in customers will also mean the increase in competition.

After stating the positive and negatives you should do a furthermore (how it affects different businesses or countries) and a conclusion (stating long term affects with short terms affects or how the affect depends upon the market, objective, product or situation.)

hoped this helped and make sure to apply context within your answer :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by hehexd
wat is this prediction based on?

thanks regardless though

Considering the referendum is on the 23rd and they've asked such a question before. I mean it's unlikely but wouldn't be surprised if it came up or something concerning it.
Reply 28
Original post by G.S.G
Considering the referendum is on the 23rd and they've asked such a question before. I mean it's unlikely but wouldn't be surprised if it came up or something concerning it.

ah ok
I have the following

Positives
The Eu is one market, increasing size, therefore smaller markets within the EU, therefore more consumers to target (like you said)

Spreading risk as there are more markets to enter...... diversify in case a product fails in one country/market

Negatives
small businesses at risk of mergers and takeovers

-increased competition due to more businesses within the market

Evaluation

Niche market businesses e.g. Rolls Royce don't suffer due to inelastic demand,
For a discuss/evaluate question, is 2 arguments either side and a judgement enough to gain full marks?
The exam is tomorrow

I did not start to practice my writing until yesterday

Excuse while I go and curl up in a ball of self pity:bawling:

On a more serious note, since 2014 they stopped doing a second paper every year so there's no longer a very predictable pattern for what's going to be on the paper.
Original post by Devinely
The exam is tomorrow

I did not start to practice my writing until yesterday

Excuse while I go and curl up in a ball of self pity:bawling:

On a more serious note, since 2014 they stopped doing a second paper every year so there's no longer a very predictable pattern for what's going to be on the paper.

Was there ever a predictable pattern?
Original post by Tizzydag
Was there ever a predictable pattern?

Yh, the June papers were always on India and China and the January papers either focused China and India or MNCs.
Original post by Devinely
Yh, the June papers were always on India and China and the January papers either focused China and India or MNCs.

hey guys for the case study of China
what Chinese MNC do people know? i only know tata for india
hey guys for the case study of China
what Chinese MNC do people know? i only know tata for india

Hmm I only know of Tata as well.....might be something to look up online, maybe another company which produces/sells steel like Tata does so there's a comparison?
Reply 36
I've got a feeling the big 15 Marker this year might be the same as 2014, asking for the effects on individuals of China/India growth. If you look at the last few years, 2013 and 2015 had effects on UK firms, 2014 had effects on UK individuals so if the pattern continues then it could maybe bs individuals again this year?

Just a thought I've noticed from looking through all the papers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Original post by Nath98
I've got a feeling the big 15 Marker this year might be the same as 2014, asking for the effects on individuals of China/India growth. If you look at the last few years, 2013 and 2015 had effects on UK firms, 2014 had effects on UK individuals so if the pattern continues then it could maybe bs individuals again this year?

Just a thought I've noticed from looking through all the papers

the 15 marker this year It's likely to be on India because 2013 they asked China, 2014(India),2015(China)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
the 15 marker this year It's likely to be on India because 2013 they asked China, 2014(India),2015(China)

Possibly the effect on UK individuals of India's increasing economic growth then as the question

Original post by Nath98
Possibly the effect on UK individuals of India's increasing economic growth then as the question

i've read examiners report and they keep asking 6 markers where they dont give you context within the case study in the exam paper, but they expect you to have context.

e.g. 2015 two reasons why india orginally increased tariffs on imports

how do you apply context to a question like this ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending