The Student Room Group

Is it hard to study these subjects at A-Level?

Politics, English Literature and Business. I'm also considering taking a language I know as a private candidate. Is it better to focus on these subjects and forget becoming a private candidate?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by mero22
Politics, English Literature and Business. I'm also considering taking a language I know as a private candidate. Is it better to focus on these subjects and forget becoming a private candidate?

In terms of difficulty personally Business is easy as long as your memory is good and writing skills are ok, which it probably is if you're considering English Lit
Reply 3
Original post by G.S.G
In terms of difficulty personally Business is easy as long as your memory is good and writing skills are ok, which it probably is if you're considering English Lit

I've studied Business as a gcse and it's good :smile: Thanks for the help
Reply 4
Original post by mero22
I've studied Business as a gcse and it's good :smile: Thanks for the help

It's basically the same stuff then! and No problem.
Reply 5
These are 'easier' than the science subjects - if you enjoy these subjects and are willing to put in the effort, you'll be fine.
Reply 6
Original post by eden3
These are 'easier' than the science subjects - if you enjoy these subjects and are willing to put in the effort, you'll be fine.

Yeah, I enjoy all of the subjects.
Reply 7
Original post by mero22
Yeah, I enjoy all of the subjects.

Then I'm sure you'll be alright. :smile:
Original post by mero22

I did Eng Lit at AS and it was quite good but was hard for me to get into high bands.. its quite hard but thats just me aha - also at a2 { at my school anyway} the exam is closed book which sounds really difficult but idk about other exam boards!

Personally, I think business is quite a straightforward subject and i really enjoy it. The key is exam technique I think...especially at a2. AS business for me was very similar to GCSE so the previous knowledge really helped.

as for the language.. it depends i guess, atm i am studying French and its quite challenging..possibly the hardest one out of my subjects.. but it does get easier as you go along. It does look good however if you are applying to uni or something as not many people take it..ive heard anyway haha. Also, with French, doing extra reading will help a lot !

hope this helps!!
Reply 9
Original post by confusedbutton
I did Eng Lit at AS and it was quite good but was hard for me to get into high bands.. its quite hard but thats just me aha - also at a2 { at my school anyway} the exam is closed book which sounds really difficult but idk about other exam boards!

Personally, I think business is quite a straightforward subject and i really enjoy it. The key is exam technique I think...especially at a2. AS business for me was very similar to GCSE so the previous knowledge really helped.

as for the language.. it depends i guess, atm i am studying French and its quite challenging..possibly the hardest one out of my subjects.. but it does get easier as you go along. It does look good however if you are applying to uni or something as not many people take it..ive heard anyway haha. Also, with French, doing extra reading will help a lot !

hope this helps!!

Thanks for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest