The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
With moving averages, could they ask you to plot it onto a graph? I've not seen it in any past papers but if anybody else has could you please give me the date of the paper? Also once the underlying trend has been identified say 3 quarterly figures of 26.6 30.7 and 27.6 - the one that stands out is 30.7 right? what is the significance of this though?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by AfroBella
section A stuff

Just a quick question. The bullet points I have been given for this year are different to the ones stated in these essays. Are these essays from previous years? Not complaining as they are really helpful, I'm just curious as to whether or not they are this years bullet points, and the ones I have been given are just worded differently. Thank you
Original post by Jessedge
Just a quick question. The bullet points I have been given for this year are different to the ones stated in these essays. Are these essays from previous years? Not complaining as they are really helpful, I'm just curious as to whether or not they are this years bullet points, and the ones I have been given are just worded differently. Thank you

those are last years bullet points, i wouldn't look at them if i was you, could confuse you this close to exam.
Original post by Jessedge
Thank you. I will have a look on the tutor2u website for the businesses.
I still don't understand how something so small (moving averages) could be manipulated into either a 10 maker or an 18 marker? Or do you think it will be used as application if you wanted?

I have no clue either! They could maybe ask you to define it + work out the averages and then plot it against the original (a good 10 marker maybe?). But, remember, we are just assuming, so don't stress yourself out - it could be on anything, so just know the basics and understand it.:h:
Original post by TheTeresaLover
I have no clue either! They could maybe ask you to define it + work out the averages and then plot it against the original (a good 10 marker maybe?). But, remember, we are just assuming, so don't stress yourself out - it could be on anything, so just know the basics and understand it.:h:

Thank you. I'll try and not stress but its evitable I think :biggrin: hopefully it doesn't come up.
Original post by MrJwal1
those are last years bullet points, i wouldn't look at them if i was you, could confuse you this close to exam.

I thought that but wasn't sure. Thought id been given the wrong bullet points for a second then, nearly went into panic mood, (well even more of a panic).
Thankyou
Reply 186
Prediction, question on economies of scale, market planning and shareholders or asset ratio
Original post by imran_
Prediction, question on economies of scale, market planning and shareholders or asset ratio

Tutor2u released a topic tracker and that suggests what you've said, but also possibly

Centralisation/decentralisation and workforce plans
Reply 188
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
Tutor2u released a topic tracker and that suggests what you've said, but also possibly

Centralisation/decentralisation and workforce plans

link of the topic tracker pls
From what I understand,

Your predictions for which topics will come up for the questions in BUSS3 which consists of 4 questions:

One 10 Marker
Two 18 markers
One 34markers

Are:
Economies of scale
Market Planning
Shareholders
Asset ratio
Centralisation/Decentralisation
Workforce Plans

Could I ask, what topic do you think will come up out of those for the 10marker, the 18markers and the 34marker?

Thanks
Original post by imran_

From what I understand,

Your predictions for which topics will come up for the questions in BUSS3 which consists of 4 questions:
One 10 Marker
Two 18 markers
One 34markers

Are:
Economies of scale
Market Planning
Shareholders
Asset ratio
Workforce Plans

Could I ask, what topic do you think will come up out of those for the 10marker, the 18markers and the 34marker?

Thanks, would be extremely helpful.
Original post by imran_

Here you go!
Original post by deenattireco
From what I understand,

One 10 Marker
Two 18 markers
One 34markers

Are:
Economies of scale
Market Planning
Shareholders
Asset ratio
Workforce Plans

Thanks

Asset ratio maybe for the 10 marker?

The 34 marker will be an amalgamation of them all into justifying a particular strategy

I feel centralisation/decentralisiation would be perfect for a 18 marker aswell!
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
Asset ratio maybe for the 10 marker?

The 34 marker will be an amalgamation of them all into justifying a particular strategy

I feel centralisation/decentralisiation would be perfect for a 18 marker aswell!

Can you state the different particular possible business strategies?
(edited 7 years ago)
Can you state the different particular possible business strategies?

No harm lad but have you revised at all for this?

It'll be like Marketing Strategies
Financial Strategies
Human Resource Strategies
Original post by Coneill810
No harm lad but have you revised at all for this?

It'll be like Marketing Strategies
Financial Strategies
Human Resource Strategies

No unfortunately, I've been so occupied with self teaching my Economics and Maths A levels that I've fully neglected Business
I did business AS couple weeks ago and literally used my common sense and felt it went relatively well.
However BUSS3 is so heavy in content that I really have no choice but to gamble and cherry pick the topics I should learn.
Not the ideal situation however overall, what do you think would be best for me to learn in the time I have ?

The different business strategies:
Human
Financial
Marketing

Economies of scale
Market planning
Shareholders
Asset Ratio
Workforce plans

Do you think it's worth the gamble to learn these topics and exam structure?
No unfortunately, I've been so occupied with self teaching my Economics and Maths A levels that I've fully neglected Business
I did business AS couple weeks ago and literally used my common sense and felt it went relatively well.
However BUSS3 is so heavy in content that I really have no choice but to gamble and cherry pick the topics I should learn.
Not the ideal situation however overall, what do you think would be best for me to learn in the time I have ?

Human
Financial
Marketing

Economies of scale
Market planning
Shareholders
Asset Ratio
Workforce plans

Do you think it's worth the gamble to learn these topics and exam structure?

I feel it is very necessary to be au fait with

"Human
Financial
Marketing"
i.e Know what they are as in the 34 mark question you're going to need to apply your knowledge to like why a business should choose a certain option and the advantages and disadvantages of that reason.

The individual topics there are a good basis and have not really come up/ever been up so I suppose if you have to gamble then go for it. These would be the topics I am looking closely at.

Economies of scale
Market planning
Shareholders
Asset Ratio
Workforce plans
(edited 7 years ago)
Im so worried about BUSS3 now because we have never been taught moving averages so now im panicking hahaha!

as for BUSS4.. im scared for it but i feel like it could go well if something like ethics or stakeholders came up as a question. i have somehow managed to get a*'s in practice essays but i doubt that will happen in the real thing ahhhh
Original post by Coneill810
I feel it is very necessary to be au fait with

"Human
Financial
Marketing"
i.e Know what they are as in the 34 mark question you're going to need to apply your knowledge to like why a business should choose a certain option and the advantages and disadvantages of that reason.

The individual topics there are a good basis and have not really come up/ever been up so I suppose if you have to gamble then go for it. These would be the topics I am looking closely at.

Economies of scale
Market planning
Shareholders
Asset Ratio
Workforce plans

Thank you, will get to studying these particular topics and hope for the best!!
Original post by confusedbutton
Im so worried about BUSS3 now because we have never been taught moving averages so now im panicking hahaha!

as for BUSS4.. im scared for it but i feel like it could go well if something like ethics or stakeholders came up as a question. i have somehow managed to get a*'s in practice essays but i doubt that will happen in the real thing ahhhh

I wouldn't get stressed over moving averages - I'm not even sure they are explicitly mentioned on the specification. Focus on revising the other calculations and what you know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending