The Student Room Group

Are you stay or leave?

Poll

Stay or Exit the EU?

There has been so much negative words said about either side, but what are the real pros and cons for both leaving and staying in the European Union?
Reply 1
Leave

I've looked on both arguments and made a decision for the best in the UK
(edited 7 years ago)
stay
I'm glad I can't vote, I'm just like let's watch the drama unfold.
Leave!!
Stay defo, I don't see why we should leave

Posted from TSR Mobile
leave 100% - those who want stay are usually those who prefer government doing things that go plainly *against* long term good economics (e.g. high taxes on the rich and big government interventions), yet somehow they're now favouring the EU for economics - it's hypocrisy. at least most people on the right have some consistency if they prefer stay but honestly I think to stay for economics is both naive and totally without any kind of regard for the health of a national democracy that is damaged by the long term direction of the EU; even if the UK isn't integrated as much as other nations, if the EU is to grow (and it is set to grow, as this is and has always been the intention) then there will be more and more laws coming from brussels as a %. also, we'll get more and more immigration here as more countries join (eastern european countries) and this includes those "refugees" (lol) who will now be given EU passports in germany and sweden. also, the EU is a protectionist club - if we leave, we can freely trade with other countries around the world like china, just like iceland and switzerland do from the outside. additionally, if the EU puts tariffs on us, they will be harming themselves as they will be limiting the business of their own domestic companies; if you put tariffs on your own country's industries' goods that are to be sold abroad, then inevitably, less of those goods will be sold, and less money/GDP will be made. if the EU tariffs us, they will be insane to do so. it will demonstrate the insanity of the EU project. so why would we remain in an insane institution?!
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;UTMxfAkxfQ0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0[/video]
Vote LEAVE!!
Original post by lucy713
There has been so much negative words said about either side, but what are the real pros and cons for both leaving and staying in the European Union?

STAY!!!!!
We will not lose jobs due to companies leaving to other countries.
We will not require visas when travelling to other EU countries.
Brexit can cause Britain to become weaker as no one knows what will happen if we leave the EU.
Food and other goods will cost more because of import duties and other taxes.
Original post by RayRay99
STAY!!!!!
Brexit can cause Britain to become weaker as no one knows what will happen if we leave the EU.

Original post by RayRay99
STAY!!!!!

that's good then

oh no, we won't be able to travel to estonia and romania visa free any more! the world is ending!
seeing as many french and spanish people will want to travel to the UK for holidays, surely you can imagine that the UK will use treaties to arrange mutual deals for UK holidays in thos ecountries in exchange for people from those countries coming here in return? no? use your brain

the UK is a very strong country - I've heard quite enough of this "the EU control us" narrative - the EU is weak without us.

instead of saying we should remain, you should be arguing for the end of the EU tariffs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending