The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ?Hannah
image.jpeg
For people that wanted to see the attached picture.

That is hot af..lol...😏😏..jk..love u...u look really pretty...
@Everdeen16

May someone give everdeen16 some advice on how to structure the 15 marker for edexcel history? Thank-you, she asked me for advice but haven't done the 15 markers yet.
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Well done. Are you doing Edexcel History ? I'm doing Edexcel USA. Good luck. I'm feeling more confident about the upcoming exams as well. I've got my mojo on.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

I'm on AQA B :smile: We have to study 3 sections in paper 2 in depth, we have USA 1920s, Hitlers Germany and Vietnam.
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I'm on AQA B :smile: We have to study 3 sections in paper 2 in depth, we have USA 1920s, Hitlers Germany and Vietnam.

Can you give everdeen some advice on the 15 marker?
Original post by mypetpikachu
That is hot af..lol...😏😏..jk..love u...u look really pretty...

Aw thank-you, I beg to differ though.
12/06/2016 - Evening update

Surprise surprise, another tiny list of work done :frown:. I feel like I'm always coming up with excuses for getting next to nothing done, I lie to myself saying that "I need breaks" or whatever but in all honesty it's got to stop. I feel like I'm not taking revision and exams nearly as seriously as you guys...idk ignore me, my lack of productivity is really getting me down :s-smilie:

Today I have:
-physics p7.1 notes practically finished (excluding retrograde motion because I can't find a sufficient enough description and explanation of it, lol thanks CGP and bitesize :angry:)
-started physics p7.2 notes, but barely
-brief read of c4, c5 and c6 specification ahead of tomorrow
Original post by ?Hannah
Can you give everdeen some advice on the 15 marker?

We don't have 15 markers. But since these high mark questions tend to be essay based, here are some tips.

1) Make a point for an answer.
2) Back up answer with statistics/ Names/ Places/. Figures
3) Explain how this point is relevant to the question.
4) If needed, state what it led to. ( This step isn't important but can bulk up answer)
Repeat this step about six or seven times but it really depends on how much detail you put into a paragraph. You could do about three or four points and pick up full marks because your statistics and development may be at a high standard.
Hope I helped. Good luck :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801

Surprise surprise, another tiny list of work done :frown:. I feel like I'm always coming up with excuses for getting next to nothing done, I lie to myself saying that "I need breaks" or whatever but in all honesty it's got to stop. I feel like I'm not taking revision and exams nearly as seriously as you guys...idk ignore me, my lack of productivity is really getting me down :s-smilie:

Today I have:
-physics p7.1 notes practically finished (excluding retrograde motion because I can't find a sufficient enough description and explanation of it, lol thanks CGP and bitesize :angry:)

Retrograde motion is so scarce in revision guides! Even the textbook does not mention it in detail. I have a hunch a six marker might come up for it too. :frown: If you find any resources that helps then please send it! I'd love to help you with anything you struggle with!
Good luck :smile:
Retrograde motion is so scarce in revision guides! Even the textbook does not mention it in detail. I have a hunch a six marker might come up for it too. :frown: If you find any resources that helps then please send it! I'd love to help you with anything you struggle with!
Good luck :smile:

I know right!? Damn it better not do, like I understand the basic concept but I know there's more to it than that - nowhere has a good explanation though!!! But yeah if I manage to find something I'll definitely let you know 👍🏻
Good luck to you too :smile:
We don't have 15 markers. But since these high mark questions tend to be essay based, here are some tips.

1) Make a point for an answer.
2) Back up answer with statistics/ Names/ Places/. Figures
3) Explain how this point is relevant to the question.
4) If needed, state what it led to. ( This step isn't important but can bulk up answer)
Repeat this step about six or seven times but it really depends on how much detail you put into a paragraph. You could do about three or four points and pick up full marks because your statistics and development may be at a high standard.
Hope I helped. Good luck :smile:

Hi

I think we have different exam boards (I'm Edexcel). This is still great though, so thank you!
I know right!? Damn it better not do, like I understand the basic concept but I know there's more to it than that - nowhere has a good explanation though!!! But yeah if I manage to find something I'll definitely let you know 👍🏻
Good luck to you too :smile:

Physics is my best subject so I really want to nail P7! Space physics is so interesting! Physics/ Science based career is something that I really want to do!
Original post by Everdeen16
Hi

I think we have different exam boards (I'm Edexcel). This is still great though, so thank you!

No problem :smile: I'm glad I was of some assistance

Today I have:

Hey, don't worry! You did something and that counts. You're not the only one not taking seriously right now. I got 5 exams left and as they are the subjects which I usually do well in (history, science and health and social care), I too am lacking productivity!

Well done though!:smile:
Original post by ?Hannah
image.jpeg

Wow, nice picture! It looks so professional!

Original post by ?Hannah
@Everdeen16

May someone give everdeen16 some advice on how to structure the 15 marker for edexcel history? Thank-you, she asked me for advice but haven't done the 15 markers yet.

I do Edexcel and I don't think we have 15 markers, instead 16 markers. This is usually the mast questions and you will be given a statement to discuss.

1) Firstly, plan! Planning is key and this will help you get the top marks
2) Introduce what you are going to say e.g. I am going to talk about....
3) write a paragraph or 2 to address why the statement is correct by adding lots of historical context. Make it detailed and always refer back to the question
4) Do the same to address why the statement is not correct
5) Finally, add your opinion e.g. Overall, I ....

Hope that helps:smile:
Update 12/06/16

Well, I've been relaxing a lot. As my last exams are history, science and health and social care, I have become less serious as I tend to well on those subjects. Not good a mindset.

- History unit 2- Weimar Republic, Rise of the Nazi party and government of the third reach
- C3 B3 P3 - Revsied but I'm going to continue revising this for a while.
Original post by ?Hannah
why would i be loved?
how many photos should i post, lol?

Ermmm...one everyday...lol..jk..
Original post by ?Hannah
Aw thank-you, I beg to differ though.

Yh same...cuz nobody can be as hot as me...lmao...only kidding..I'm quite the opposite of that...although I am very hot at the moment...just opened my windows...
Original post by ?Hannah
image.jpeg

👌

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Physics is my best subject so I really want to nail P7! Space physics is so interesting! Physics/ Science based career is something that I really want to do!

Same here! I know that P456 will be the easiest science exam I sit so I'm quite looking forward to that one - but space stuff is really interesting too! I'm planning on doing Physics A Level but no further than that haha. But yeah I really need to get it nailed.

Oh, by the way, in the June 2012 Unit 3 paper they had a 3 mark question on retrograde motion, but all I can find is the question paper - not the mark scheme! I'm praying it doesn't come up as a 6 marker!
Same here! I know that P456 will be the easiest science exam I sit so I'm quite looking forward to that one - but space stuff is really interesting too! I'm planning on doing Physics A Level but no further than that haha. But yeah I really need to get it nailed.

Oh, by the way, in the June 2012 Unit 3 paper they had a 3 mark question on retrograde motion, but all I can find is the question paper - not the mark scheme! I'm praying it doesn't come up as a 6 marker!

I think P456 is easier than P123. I hate P123 but love P456 and P7. I'm hoping to get 100 UMS in them. Hopefully. Lol.

Original post by sahra30013
Hey, don't worry! You did something and that counts. You're not the only one not taking seriously right now. I got 5 exams left and as they are the subjects which I usually do well in (history, science and health and social care), I too am lacking productivity!

Well done though!:smile:

Thanks, I guess so. Yeah, I've got 7 left but they're all science and maths which, although they're my strong points, I just don't have the motivation to revise for. I know I can't give up now though as it would be a waste to have come this far...
Thanks again, and hopefully we get some motivation back soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest