jamais i think

Another lost mark ffs 😭
Original post by patricio_miguel
Another lost mark ffs 😭

dw i might be wrong :P

that was a really bad paper tbh
( or maybe i just did badly)
Original post by lauren_sadler27
Je crois que c'etait bien!! Pourtant les questions que l'examinateur me posent etait assez difficile:/ C'etait dur, mais j'ai tenu le coup :biggrin: Et toi??

Les questions que l'examinateur/examinatrice m'a posées étaient assez difficiles*

Fair enough! My fingers are crossed for you
Original post by rileystringer1
Les questions que l'examinateur/examinatrice m'a posées étaient assez difficiles*

Fair enough! My fingers are crossed for you

Guys...you should stop moaning. It could not have been worse than mine...I picked climate change and it turned out that the card was about bird migration so she kept asking me how it affects other species! Wtf? I didn't even know how to say birds in French ...she didn't even ask me a single question directly on climate change...
And I keep getting 6/25 for the translation 🙄
Original post by patricio_miguel
Guys...you should stop moaning. It could not have been worse than mine...I picked climate change and it turned out that the card was about bird migration so she kept asking me how it affects other species! Wtf? I didn't even know how to say birds in French ...she didn't even ask me a single question directly on climate change...

That's the exact card I got 😂 It was bloody difficult wasn't it haha
Original post by urteeththo
Tu pourrais m'envoyer le lien aussi stp? :smile:

Est-ce que tu fais Les Choristes aussi? Pour être honnête, j'ai arrêté d'apprendre les citations car je crois que j'utiliserai 5 au maximum dans ma rédaction, et il ne vaut pas la peine d'en apprendre beaucoup...donc mes citations au Quizlet ne sont pas finies, mais je vais te les envoyer au cas que tu les utiles trouverais! :smile:
Does anyone have any tips for things to add that are easy and can get an extra couple of marks?

I was thinking of throwing in a couple of subjunctives and an 'apres avoir' but is there anything else?
Also, I'm struggling with tackling the translation, what can I do to increase my marks on it?
Original post by Linguist131
Est-ce que tu fais Les Choristes aussi? Pour être honnête, j'ai arrêté d'apprendre les citations car je crois que j'utiliserai 5 au maximum dans ma rédaction, et il ne vaut pas la peine d'en apprendre beaucoup...donc mes citations au Quizlet ne sont pas finies, mais je vais te les envoyer au cas que tu les utiles trouverais! :smile:

au cas tu les trouves utiles*

Pretty good
Reply 29
is anyone doing l'étranger for essay? if so what do you think could come up?
I'm doing La Haine and Les Choristes but we rushed the latter so i'm just focussing on La Haine now. Don't really like analysing films and would have preferred to study a book like I did for my exposé but whatever haha. Got 79/98 in my mock written and 57/60 for my mock speaking in January so gunning for that A* especially as my written mark includes a 31/45 in the essay and I like to think i've improved but is anyone really unsure on how their oral went because I can't tell, no matter how much people tell me i've probably done really well based on my mocks...
Reply 31
Original post by Swifty139
I'm doing La Haine and Les Choristes but we rushed the latter so i'm just focussing on La Haine now. Don't really like analysing films and would have preferred to study a book like I did for my exposé but whatever haha. Got 79/98 in my mock written and 57/60 for my mock speaking in January so gunning for that A* especially as my written mark includes a 31/45 in the essay and I like to think i've improved but is anyone really unsure on how their oral went because I can't tell, no matter how much people tell me i've probably done really well based on my mocks...

Yeah I have no idea, I find the grade boundaries to be so close. I thought I did alright on my mock but turned out I got 1 mark off a C, and my real exam didn't go as well as that one, so I'm pretty sure it's bad but I've been told it was "ok". No clue.
Original post by TheMightyMidge
Does anyone have any tips for things to add that are easy and can get an extra couple of marks?

I was thinking of throwing in a couple of subjunctives and an 'apres avoir' but is there anything else?
Also, I'm struggling with tackling the translation, what can I do to increase my marks on it?

Lots of pronouns, as many tenses as possible, "en" and "y" etc etc

I feel like my oral went really well despite no prep at all but I don't want to get my hopes up cos for all I know I could have done ****
Does anyone have any examples of good phrases for the essay? Like 'y' and 'en' as someone said above? Bit random but I'm trying to write an essay and I want to say 'he doesn't fit in there' or 'he doesn't belong there' that kind of thing, anyone know how to say that😂 Thought about 'il n'y s'adape pas' but unsure how to use the pronoun to be honest😭
Original post by lauren_sadler27
Does anyone have any examples of good phrases for the essay? Like 'y' and 'en' as someone said above? Bit random but I'm trying to write an essay and I want to say 'he doesn't fit in there' or 'he doesn't belong there' that kind of thing, anyone know how to say that😂 Thought about 'il n'y s'adape pas' but unsure how to use the pronoun to be honest😭

Il n'y appartient pas? Someone will have to tell me if this is correct because to say the exam is on Tuesday, my french is at its lowest hahaha. As for essay phrases i've sort of learnt that using them is a waste of time. Did a timed essay in class and I ran over the hour she gave us massively and I genuinely thought it was a piece of rubbish because the language I used wasn't all fancy. Then I crafted a beautiful essay at home with all the phrases from my Mot a Mot book.

I got 40/45 in each but the teacher said I went over the word limit so much in the one I used the phrases in and it's unnecessary waffle. It's more important to be accurate and succinct. Yes use a range of vocab and show off with your use of subjunctive but forget the wordplay :P
Il n'y appartient pas? Someone will have to tell me if this is correct because to say the exam is on Tuesday, my french is at its lowest hahaha. As for essay phrases i've sort of learnt that using them is a waste of time. Did a timed essay in class and I ran over the hour she gave us massively and I genuinely thought it was a piece of rubbish because the language I used wasn't all fancy. Then I crafted a beautiful essay at home with all the phrases from my Mot a Mot book.

I got 40/45 in each but the teacher said I went over the word limit so much in the one I used the phrases in and it's unnecessary waffle. It's more important to be accurate and succinct. Yes use a range of vocab and show off with your use of subjunctive but forget the wordplay :P

Thank you! Yes I think with this essay it's more important to write a good analysis of the film/book you're doing rather than use fancy language. My teacher has given a few examplar essays from candidates and I've seen some near full marks with little or no really good phrases, but I feel like it's so subjective to the examiner😭
any last minute advice for translation?
Original post by KatieJoness
any last minute advice for translation?

Use the reading text to help you - some key vocab will be within one of the reading texts. Make sure you have got your agreements correct and make sure you're actually translating what you need to translate!
Guys.. do you think we'll be allowed to take our own earphones in? I'm going to take mine in anyway because they're loud and clear, and ask before I walk in if it's okay
Original post by rileystringer1
Guys.. do you think we'll be allowed to take our own earphones in? I'm going to take mine in anyway because they're loud and clear, and ask before I walk in if it's okay

Did you do that last year? My school doesn't let you, and they have their own headphones they give us. We all have to check that the ones given work first, before we start the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending