The Student Room Group

How to save money!!!!!!

Hello! No matter how hard i try i can not save money! Lol i save it and then end up just every now and then taking a fiver out and then by the time i go back when i actually end up needing something it is all gone! Does anyone have any tips on how to save money and not end up spending it ha ha thanks ☺☺☺
Reply 1
Original post by Lorenzo!!!
Hello! No matter how hard i try i can not save money! Lol i save it and then end up just every now and then taking a fiver out and then by the time i go back when i actually end up needing something it is all gone! Does anyone have any tips on how to save money and not end up spending it ha ha thanks ☺☺☺

Don't keep loose change around! When u feel like u want to buy something leave it for a week and two and if u still really want it then maybe consider buying. save your money for a rainy day! it comes in handy in the future :wink:

I recommend restricting to a certain amount you need per week. Also, I'd recommend just buying out of necessity than desire.
If you can't control yourself, you won't be saving anything. There are no tips, just stop buying pointless ****. However if you're spending it on useful stuff then there's no issue really
Reply 4
Transfer the money to a second account once you get paid and then don't touch it. Only spend the money in your primary account.
It's really obvious and easy, simply don't spend money when you don't have to.

If you can't exercise self control there are no tips we can give you. Simply stop making excuses and stop overspending.
Learn to budget.
Learn to shop.
Learn to cook.

Log everything you spend and you will get an idea where its going.

If you are poor with the cashcard them get rid of it or if you cna trust your parents give it to them. That gives you an extra check before you get access.
You have to learn to start saying NO.
Reply 7
:smile:,A good budget is important!But i think learn to make money is the key to save money! Maybe we don't have to spend much time. If we develop our deal accounts like Hotukdeals,woots,fatwallet, a post from an aged account cost about 20-30$! When you want to buy something online, you can ask for the coupons on shop like Amazon store, as a return, you need to write a good review or make a short video for your wanted items. If so, you will save a lot money.

this is a tip, I was told by a guy who is worth several million and that to carry a huge amount around and never touch it he used to carry £10,000 in cash and then when you saw something that was expensive you could walk away even if you could afford it
Original post by Rakas21
Transfer the money to a second account once you get paid and then don't touch it. Only spend the money in your primary account.

I agree.
If you have a savings account that you dont touch you are more likely to save it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending