The Student Room Group

I'm partially against LGBT does that make me a bad person? If so help me change

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
Omg the best are of this guy who rings up schools and prank calls them :lol:

The filthy Frank cancer is spreading, eh boss? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I Disagree with Transgender as its not the way nature intended, as If you are unhappy it can never be because of gender, There is another unhappiness inside of you that you don't understand possible past experience or envy.
Conclusion: I 100% disagree

I partially disagree with Homosexuals as I believe it could be either a genetic or psychological issue with yourself and was not the way nature interned it to be, but at the same time I think its a great way to reduce the population a little bit and allows more children to become adopted.
Conclusion: I 50% disagree and 50% agree

I partially disagree with Bi-sexuals as I believe its not the way nature intended it to be and also If in the end you mate with the opposite sex its okay.
Conclusion: I 25% disagree and 75% agree

The extent to which I disagree with LGBT is just that I think its wrong but I wont act upon it.

I'm Completely open to other ideas of how I should view LGBT as I think it would help me grow as a person.

I decided to leave be anonymous so people don't send hate my way.

READ ALL BEFORE COMMENTING.

If you believe that homosexuality is genetic then surely that's exactly how nature intended? I don't see why whether or not something is 'natural' should matter very much at all anyway. When I'm sick nature might intend for me to die but I plan to take medicine. When I need to go somewhere far away nature may intend for me to walk but I plan to get the train. Perhaps nature's intention is that I live in a puddle of mud eating a mixed diet of forest berries and uncooked weasel meat but regardless I'm happy to live in the extremely unnatural comfort of my 21st century habitat.
Original post by Ciel.
Ok but that's not really their fault, is it? It's fine if you aren't attracted to them, or even if they disgust you but imagine how difficult it must be for them.So is there any point in making their lives even more difficult by telling them that they're not, and never will be, 'real women' because they're ugly and masculine? Just saying :wink:

No, mental health problems are no one's fault but I'm not telling them they aren't women, I just don't consider them to be.
I'm not shoving that opinion in their faces.
I'm gonna convince you to accept homosexuals in one sentence:

Spoiler

Original post by RayApparently
If you believe that homosexuality is genetic then surely that's exactly how nature intended? I don't see why whether or not something is 'natural' should matter very much at all anyway. When I'm sick nature might intend for me to die but I plan to take medicine. When I need to go somewhere far away nature may intend for me to walk but I plan to get the train. Perhaps nature's intention is that I live in a puddle of mud eating a mixed diet of forest berries and uncooked weasel meat but regardless I'm happy to live in the extremely unnatural comfort of my 21st century habitat.

Some might argue that those things are natural because they developed through human intelligence, which developed naturally.

Unless you think that making spears for hunting or banging rocks together to make slightly sharper rocks is also unnatural?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Some might argue that those things are natural because they developed through human intelligence, which developed naturally.

Unless you think that making spears for hunting or banging rocks together to make slightly sharper rocks is also unnatural?

I think that humans should, and indeed they do, apply their intelligence to transcend their natural limitations. Prejudiced views on certain types of sexuality or gender being one of those limitations.
Original post by Anonymous
I Disagree with Transgender as its not the way nature intended, as If you are unhappy it can never be because of gender, There is another unhappiness inside of you that you don't understand possible past experience or envy.
Conclusion: I 100% disagree

I partially disagree with Homosexuals as I believe it could be either a genetic or psychological issue with yourself and was not the way nature interned it to be, but at the same time I think its a great way to reduce the population a little bit and allows more children to become adopted.
Conclusion: I 50% disagree and 50% agree

I partially disagree with Bi-sexuals as I believe its not the way nature intended it to be and also If in the end you mate with the opposite sex its okay.
Conclusion: I 25% disagree and 75% agree

The extent to which I disagree with LGBT is just that I think its wrong but I wont act upon it.

I'm Completely open to other ideas of how I should view LGBT as I think it would help me grow as a person.

I decided to leave be anonymous so people don't send hate my way.

READ ALL BEFORE COMMENTING.

I don't know you and you don't know me but in the working world and throughout studying you will encounter many people from the LGBT community. They won't care if you don't like them. They have probably heard it all before. But if you don't want to look old-fashioned and quite frankly stupid then I suggest you try and be more tolerant of others. It doesn't matter whether you agree with it or not but it's simple not looking like an idiot. Not only will being intolerant make you look stupid, but it will damage your professional reputation.

To answer your question. I would say that it does make you a bad person. Nearly half of people who identify as transgender have had a suicide attempt or seriously thought about harming themselves at one point in their life. LGBT youth are 4X more likely to commit suicide compared with youths who identify as heterosexual. By you not being accepting of these individuals makes you ignorant and in doing so makes you a bad person. Whether that be through your stupidity or intolerance for others who are different to yourself.

If you still want to think the way you do after all of this, then opening a forum isn't going to help you. Meeting new people and pushing the boundaries of what you feel comfortable with will make you more tolerant. 60 years ago this opinion would have been okay and in some cases popular but you need to move along with the rest of civilisation and not get stuck in the past. LGBT people are humans too and have feelings.
People that are transsexuals/transgender (Sorry I have a hard time distinguishing between the two) DO NOT pick to be that way. They suffer from gender dysphoria, and that is a fact. There is simply nothing to disagree over that.

And as for sexuality, You are argument was very messy. If it is not what nature intended to then they wouldn't be homosexuals in the first place?
Original post by loveleest
People that are transsexuals/transgender (Sorry I have a hard time distinguishing between the two) DO NOT pick to be that way. They suffer from gender dysphoria, and that is a fact. There is simply nothing to disagree over that.

And as for sexuality, You are argument was very messy. If it is not what nature intended to then they wouldn't be homosexuals in the first place?

Transsexual is someone who has transitioned e.g. by genders reassignment surgery or hormonal therapy.

Transgender is described to someone whose sense of self (for a lack of a better term) doesn't align with their sex.

Can be both.

(Soz for digressing; just posted in case you wanted/wouldn't mind/would appreciate clarification.)

(I think that's the distinction anyway.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Izzebie
Homosexuality being a psychological issue is incorrect - issue implies that it causes problems or distress. Other than other people in society being homophobic, there's no reason why being gay would cause distress for the individual.

Somewhat wrong.

being homosexual makes it a problem for parents who want to be grand parents (distress), and sons who want to have children (distress), and daughters who have fallen for a man who is homosexual (distress)
Original post by XcitingStuart
Transsexual is someone who has transitioned e.g. by genders reassignment surgery or hormonal therapy.

Transgender is described to someone whose sense of self (for a lack of a better term) doesn't align with their sex.

Can be both.

(Soz for digressing; just posted in case you wanted/wouldn't mind/would appreciate clarification.)

(I think that's the distinction anyway.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for clearing it up for me :smile: No need to be sorry haha
No. You're only a bad guy in the eyes of the lgbt supporters for not feeling ashamed for having a different opinion than their own. You're more if the bigger person than those cursing you out for having an opinion while they express their own opinion.

If you spent your entire life questioning whether your opinion is "good enough " or seeking approval for every view you had you would be more of a robot than a person. People who grow as their own person understand they have different views on topics and develop them. It's called values and beliefs.

You can't grow as a person if you allow outsiders to influence your every belief and tell you what you should believe instead of sticking to own beliefs. You are your own person. Not what the lgbt supporters and society wants you to be.

There are like minded people who also have the same views as you do. At least they won't curse you out. People will pressure you into Supporting things you don't support and sling insults at you for at it. I don't know you personally but having different opinions does not determine your character.
Original post by SmileyVibe
No. You're only a bad guy in the eyes of the lgbt supporters for not feeling ashamed for having a different opinion than their own. You're more if the bigger person than those cursing you out for having an opinion while they express their own opinion.

If you spent your entire life questioning whether your opinion is "good enough " or seeking approval for every view you had you would be more of a robot than a person. People who grow as their own person understand they have different views on topics and develop them. It's called values and beliefs.

You can't grow as a person if you allow outsiders to influence your every belief and tell you what you should believe instead of sticking to own beliefs. You are your own person. Not what the lgbt supporters and society wants you to be.

There are like minded people who also have the same views as you do. At least they won't curse you out. People will pressure you into Supporting things you don't support and sling insults at you for at it. I don't know you personally but having different opinions does not determine your character.

Very well said.
Those communities are all about accepting each other as they are, yet if a person comes with a different viewpoint, they can't seem to accept that person and try to change that person's views.
The whole nature thing comes up a lot. I wrote this exact post on another thread about homosexuality but I place it here as well soon as its pretty much the same debate again.

there are lots of species of animals that have same sex partners or engage in same sex mating. Heres a few examples! (taken from this wikipedia page:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...ior_in_animals)

Black Swans
An estimated one quarter of black swan parings are homosexual males who steal eggs from nests! And a fun fact: more of their offspring survive into adulthood than those of different sex pairs.

Gulls
10-15% of female western gulls exhibit homosexual behaviour.

Penguins
Penguins have been observed to engage in homosexual behaviour since at least 1911.

Bonobos
Bonobos have a matriarchal society and they are a fully bisexual species! Roughly 60% of all bonobo sexual activity occurs between two or more females.

Bottlenose Dolphins
Have been studied to engage in homosexual behaviour. And it has been argued that they are bisexual.

Elephants
Male elephants can often be seen to form companionships with each other and live away from the rest of the herd. Same sex relations are common and asian elephants in captivity devote 45% of sexual encounters to same sex activity.

Giraffe
Male giraffes have been observed to engage in high frequencies of homosexual behaviour. Interactions between males have been found to be more frequent than between both sexes!

Lions
Around 8% of mountings occur between two males, but both male and female lions have been seen to interact homosexually.

Sheep
Around 8-10% of rams have an exclusive homosexual orientation and around 18-22% of rams are bisexual.

Theres just a few examples! Click on the wikipedia page for more. So yes, homosexuality is seen frequently amongst many mammals birds, as well as lizards and insects. Although, I don't really see that nature has much to do with it, lots of the behaviour humans engage in isn't seen in nature!
Haven't you ever thought that because homosexuality occurs in nature (not just in humans) that maybe that's what nature intended? I doubt that nature intended for people to hate others based on their sexual orientation. Also, you can't disagree with something that someone can't change; I can't disagree with a black person for being black.
You are a ****wit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're entitled to your own opinion, but you should respect other people's and they should respect your own.

You're not a bad person.
In all honesty I am fine with LGB as long as they are not *******s about it like everything else, But I Disagree with Transgender, I refuse to use new pronouns or even accept that gender is a slider, You are Either male or female. (Or Hermaphrodite but this is very rare.)
Reply 78
Original post by FredOrJohn
Somewhat wrong.

being homosexual makes it a problem for parents who want to be grand parents (distress), and sons who want to have children (distress), and daughters who have fallen for a man who is homosexual (distress)

But that isn't distress for the individual - that's other people.The same distress could be caused if someone doesn't want children or if a gay person falls for a straight person, but it doesn't mean that not wanting kids or being straight is a pyschological disorder.
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
I just love Filthy Frank. He's my favourite Frank. Oh Gosh I don't actually know any Franks in real life kms

FF is also my favourite frank, i just love him so much, so Very Much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending